Question of the Day, February 1, 2011

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Question of the Day, February 1, 2011

Yesterday, we saw some frankly mind-boggling numbers about Call of Duty: Black Ops. Are you one of the players who has helped contribute to a death toll that eclipses the global population nine times over?

lol, i can't vote on the poll yet! weird. but yes, i play it on occasion, between my bits of tf2. well, when i play video games these days..

uppitycracker:
lol, i can't vote on the poll yet! weird. but yes, i play it on occasion, between my bits of tf2. well, when i play video games these days..

Yeah, for me it says 2:19pm... kinda a random time? But anyway, no. I quit after World at War. I did rent MW2, played the campaign, and didn't care for it. Didn't try online because I my friend did on his and it fried his PS3's laser reader. So I never bothered with BLops.

I might consider getting BLops if they release the map packs free on PC (like that will ever happen), but right now I'm having fun with Breach. Thinking about getting Homefront, too.

I'm pretty sure the poll will include a "yes" option (multiple "yes" options, even) when it is fixed.

Yeah, I'm one of those people. There's no way I'm going to miss a CoD game.

I don't really care that much for the multiplayer, but it's the best it has been in a while.

Well no poll, but no I don't play it. I can't afford it on PS3 at the moment, so I'm stuck with the PC version, which happens to be a glitchy piece of shit, to say the least.

Besides, I know I'm not missing anything. I figured out most of the plot by the time I got to the Khe Sanh level, and just went to a friends house, played the last two missions, and that was that.

It's depressing just how far downhill the writing has gone since the first Modern Warfare.

Hunh. First time I've not been able to vote on these polls. Anyway, no, I've not played Black Ops or any other Call of Duty game, and most likely I never will.

I play but call of duty occasionally but then again who didn't buy that thing.

STOOPID STAFF FIX POLL PLZ I CNT VOAT!!!!!!!

OT: Nah I don't play it, I did play CoD4 originally but after that I never played CoD:WoW, MW2 or BlackOps.
I didn't feel like committing myself like I did to that title.

Never have, and never will, ever. I hate multiplayer based FPS games with a passion because they aggravate my allergies. See, I'm allergic to stupid or immature people. Then there's the BS that comes with unloading half a magazine into someone only to be shot once and die.

Only played it for a couple of hours, most dissapointing CoD game ever imo.

I've got TF2 since 2007. I don't need (and haven't bought) ANY other multiplayer games after that. So, no, I don't play COD: Black Ops.

Well, I do have games with online components (like Crysis Wars, Neverwinter Nights 2 and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic), but they have never been installed, nor will they ever be (even if somehow they get a big following all of a sudden).

Besides, it's a matter of principle. I see no reason why there should be a market spot for a new COD game every year. I don't get why an "awesome" game all of a sudden becomes obsolete when the new and shiny one comes along. Apparently there is such a market spot, but consider my non-buying it an act of resistance.

I can vote and I opted for the part where it doesn't interest me.

No because I didn't feel like shelling out the cash for it.

tbh i only ever play it for a wee bit of zombie killing

I don't particularly want to buy it, or even play it all that much, but I saw a video of a section of the came where Sympathy for the Devil plays in the background... I wouldn't mind playing that bit, and my friend told me about another bit with some Credence Clearwater Revival in the background too, I'd like to play that bit too. But thats about it... other than that it doesn't interest me, none of the CODs have really.

My brother got it and I played it for about 5 days. I then wished I had those 5 days back. It was kinda boring. Played it yesterday, I really want to finish the story all the way though... but I feel so damn sleepy when playing it. It just kinda bores me.

I've rented and beaten the campaign of Modern Warfare 2...I don't think that counts though since I didn't touch the multiplayer. Completely not interested in Black Ops.

Sorry about that, folks. Had a weird bug where the poll was inserted using GMT (as in, 5 hours ahead of the time it should have gone live at).

Well, my bro bought and I play it every now and then but I prefer MW2. Mostly cause it is on the present day. I cannot play a game that gives me attack dogs and a chopper for 11 kills when in another I have a chopper gunner and a ac 130 for the same amount of kills.

The general feel of modern firearms is more appealing to me.

I went to a friend's house and played the "I made a game with zombies in it!!!" homage for about an hour, but that was about it. I already played MW2 in the past, so nothing else in this game was anything new to me. It's not a bad game at all, I just don't feel the urge to buy or play it much.

Nope, not me. I've got the Halo series for that FPS niche, whose single-player campaigns interest me more and whose multiplayer game balance is vastly better than any of the CoD titles I've tried. CoD's just not my thing, I guess.

-- Steve

No Wii option?

I would play it if the lag was fixed on the pc.

i would go for 'i used to but not anymore' option, but i never played it much really. i bought it, completed the campaign, and played zombies a couple of times with friends. then i never played it again.

completely regret buying it

Maybe it's an anomaly, but a lot people here don't seem to play Black Ops. I find this strange considering that the World's population has apparently been murdered NINE TIMES OVER in the multi-player.

Looks like most people is pretty sane.

I've played every COD game since Modern Warfare. It's about the only FPS I play and I only play the online modes. Fantastic series.

I used to play it but stopped recently. I just find it so boring compared to the previous versions. Maybe I'm just burnt out on COD all together...>.>

Tried the SP for an hour or two. Didnt like it much, it still feel too much like a movie where my imput doesnt matter.

I play it but i play zombies mode more than multiplayer. I was a god at cod4 multiplayer and mw2 multiplayer, but black ops multiplayer has me byt the balls, I don't know why but i am horrible at the game not much has changed but i just can't seem to get a good grasp at it now.

Yep.
Mostly at a friends house but now that i have a 360 ill get it sometime after i get MvC3.

Its just so much fun.
The story mode was cool and i really do enjoy the multiplayer.

Haters Gonna Hate.

Yea, for the ps3. I was just going to rent it but my wife bought it to play with her friends.
Not my usual kind of game but It's fun and I haven't run into the issues others have had. Maybe Fallout New Vegas stole all the issues from it because I could barely finish that one.

I do on 360, since that's where all my friends live.
Despite all the rage it induces, the few fun moments are really, really fun and keep bringing me back.

This applies to all CoD games, really.

Played for 20+ hours then gave up on multiplayer FPS entirely. Probably the only boring game I played in the CoD series. However, I have to say that for the first play-through of the single player component, it was great, too bad I already knew about the story beforehand. Thank you spoilers :(

I haven't played it and I'm not interested in buying it. I'm bored with all the generic CoD shooters.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here