Daily Drop: Rockfish

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Rockfish

Warning: Distended eyeball imminent. Also, scales everywhere.

Watch Video

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwww
That eye was freaky.

Also, 360 next! YES/

eww, watching those eyeballs was mortifying.

Can't wait to see the 360 dropped tomorrow. Hopefully it was one that red ringed and not a fresh xbox.

The eyeball was pretty creepy. o_O

Eugh, I found that pretty hard to watch, but I haven't missed a daily drop yet, so...

wow that was.....cruel. XD

The 360 is far too expensive an object to just break for shits and giggles. Think of all the broke college students who only have a PS3 and occasionally want to play Halo. Think of us!

I was eating breakfast-ish meal when I watched this. It was not pleasing to my appetite.

I wonder if that rockfish was thrill to be chosen to drop for the show. Although the halfway point of the video it had the "I hate my life" type of look on it face.

EYEBALLS!

As cruel as it sounds. How incredible would dropping a live fish be in slow mo.

Maybe dropping it onto an inflatable cushion or bouncy castle or something. but seeing it go all apeshit in slow mo would be intriguing.

That eyeball dangling around after the impact was creepy. I was hoping it would pop out.

And oh man, I can't wait to see tomorrow's drop.

It wasn't very interesting. You could say it 'flopped'. :P

dathwampeer:
As cruel as it sounds. How incredible would dropping a live fish be in slow mo.

Maybe dropping it onto an inflatable cushion or bouncy castle or something. but seeing it go all apeshit in slow mo would be intriguing.

Or even into a bathtub. The mid-air flailing would be the interesting part.

I bet that XBox already is so bricked you could use it pound in tent pegs. Otherwise, they'd have the power turned on.

I must confess, I always thought this was a dumb segment on this website. It got old before it began. It has no thought behind it, and is just a reason to have a good camera.

I never understood how people could be entertained by this.

Then I saw the Rock Fish. Then I saw it's eyes as it hit.

I am now a believer.

Thank you Escapists. I laughed my ass off, and now I will share it with my friends (the video, not my ass) when we gather for our table top RPG game on Saturday.

I am happy to have been wrong. I must now watch all the daily drops to find other gems I have missed.

Urgh that made me cringe and it got worse when it said "once more".

Don't Do it! Don't Do it! Don't Do it! Don't Do it! Don't Drop that 360! (Yes i know the deeds already been done)

As a guy who can't afford a 360 but would do anything to get his hands on one......i wept

.....like a baby.

PETA would like to have a word with you, buying a sea kitten for the sole purpose of waste....

I still can't fully understand why there needs to be so many credits for one guy to drop one thing onto a floor.

You know, LRR, that fish should've been episode seventy-six instead of eighty-six because...

Well...uh,...

See, I was trying to find the Saturday Night Live "Bass-O-Matic '76" sketch (that's why I said 76 for a fish episode), but I can't find the whole thing on YouTube. The closest I could find was this:

EDIT:
Well, it's not on YouTube, but here's the whole Bass-O-Matic '76 sketch:
http://videosift.com/video/SNL-Super-Bass-O-Matic-76?noredirect

That was pretty gruesome, watching that fish wobble and move like that after the drop. D:

Less said about the whole eye thing the better and tomorrow's drop should be very interesting! :D

Read and think before getting all worked up!

But, while visually interesting, this video outlines 2 very big problems in Western culture.

1) We have no problem with wasting important things like food for entertainment

2) That we have no problem with animal cruelty especially for entertainment.

Sure the fish was already dead, but it died just to used as a visual joke. That is a wasted life even if it is only fish life. The fact that the fish looked almost alive as it fell in slow-mo just re-articulated these issues in a more evocative way.

Only in the west are we so spoiled that food can be treated this way. Shame.

Well, that was... appetizing... Definitely what I needed to start out my day.

. . . Out of interest for the "wasted food" comment people are making, surely this is one of the things you'd be able to eat after dropping anyway? Because you certainly wouldn't be eating the skin on it; none of the meat touched the floor. Just fillet, cook well and it's fine.
Other food ones I agree somewhat, but if there's something salvageable to be had from it...

{Now here's hoping someone in the LRR team had the same mindset as me and actually did that after this drop, if not I am disappointed at a waste of such a delicious-looking fish}

'Course none of that's to say it wasn't quite a cruel-looking Drop (that eye is bloody freaky). But still, calling "animal cruelty" on it is going a little far, surely?

The fish looked kinda sad when Paul was holding it.

AntonMTL:
Read and think before getting all worked up!

But, while visually interesting, this video outlines 2 very big problems in Western culture.

1) We have no problem with wasting important things like food for entertainment

2) That we have no problem with animal cruelty especially for entertainment.

Sure the fish was already dead, but it died just to used as a visual joke. That is a wasted life even if it is only fish life. The fact that the fish looked almost alive as it fell in slow-mo just re-articulated these issues in a more evocative way.

Only in the west are we so spoiled that food can be treated this way. Shame.

See, Told ya PETA would come knocking, haha.

Slanzinger:
=But still, calling "animal cruelty" on it is going a little far, surely?

Yep, it is not animal cruelty by any definition. And I'm not just saying that because a rockfish isn't an animal. Anyway, it isn't fish cruelty either.

I wasn't very impressed with it though, and you could say it showed a lack of respect for life and probably was a waste of a perfectly good fish.

This is all academic anyway as soon as that piece of shit console hits the floor. Red ring that, bitch.

The eyes...my god the eyes!

...wasted food? Wash the damn thing off...'s not like they sicked the crowbar on it or anything

and the XBox tommorrow needs the red ring

EchetusXe:

Yep, it is not animal cruelty by any definition. And I'm not just saying that because a rockfish isn't an animal. Anyway, it isn't fish cruelty either.

I wasn't very impressed with it though, and you could say it showed a lack of respect for life and probably was a waste of a perfectly good fish.

...Fish are animals too dude. What I was saying is the fact that if they dropped it live, then it would be animal cruelty. But they didn't. And as the rest of my post said, there's the possibility that the fish didn't go to waste.
At very least, it wouldn't have if I'd been around ^_^

aww poor fishy
his name is Dennis
poor Dennis!
also his eyes! :O

I hope that this video shows everyone here the importance of wearing a helmet when riding a bike or motorcycle.

If your head hits the bare pavement, YOUR eye can do that, too.

Ew. Just ew. Poor fish.

O_O The expression on the thing as it flipped...I will be haunted.

snowman6251:
The 360 is far too expensive an object to just break for shits and giggles. Think of all the broke college students who only have a PS3 and occasionally want to play Halo. Think of us!

Too expensive...because of all the shipping & handling sending them back again and again. :P

Okay, that was weird

This post was originally going to be me shouting "Animal Cruelty!" in a comedic parody of those Youtube morons who decry any video that showcases an animal. Then I read some of the other comments and it ruined the mood. :(

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here