Daily Drop: Cola

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Are you kidding me? That was quite obviously a failure.

Pop, soda, cola.
So many different words for the same thing...

Regionalisms are far out.

Graham_LRR:
Guys I... wasn't surprised. I've done that before by accident.
It was the spray flying at the computer where I was sitting, off camera, that elicited the "holy shit".

But nobody reads these anyway :(

Oh cool. Not only was my explanation kinda close but the fact that you'd even take the time to tell us what happened is awesome. Thanks, man.

PS: Since you might actually read this, I miss Phailhaus. That is all.

Imper1um:
Actually, Coke is remarkably easy to clean up, if it doesn't dry. I actually use it as a cleaning agent for some tough stains.

what the ****?! really? on what stains?? this sounds like either mad genius, or you get kicks out of getting people to make big sticky messes

This makes me want to go play Garry's Mod to strap cola cans on people's feet and watch them breakdance.

sgwee:

Imper1um:
Actually, Coke is remarkably easy to clean up, if it doesn't dry. I actually use it as a cleaning agent for some tough stains.

what the ****?! really? on what stains?? this sounds like either mad genius, or you get kicks out of getting people to make big sticky messes

Perhaps they mean club soda?...That's the only carbonated drink I've heard of that doesn't cause a sticky mess.

So anybody else notice that the exclamations made on the normal camera didn't seem to sync up with the sound of it during the high speed video? Maybe I just caught it wrong but it seems like Graham yelled out after the can had landed, but in the slow motion video the yell started far earlier.

That was pretty entertaining. A bit disappointed that they didn't decide to use their generic "Cola" brand cola, though.

Heh. I'm still giggling about the slow-mo censorship. MMmmmmmmrrrrrrooooooommmmm *booooooop* grrrrrrrawwwwwwmmmmm.

Fun fact: I actually had to use Coca-cola this morning to clean off the inside of a telephone that had corroded batteries in it. Ate through that strange chalky residue like it was nothing.

aashell13:
Diet coke + mentos + drop. please?

I'm jumping on the band wagon in support of this idea!

I loved this video, I was really hoping something like this would happen but didn't expect it to be so perfect (or to happen on the first drop).

praetor_alpha:

CrystalShadow:
Eh... Wow. I guess that didn't go as expected.

Still, dropping a can of cola? Do you have any idea of the pressure inside a carbonated drink? It's quite literally a mild explosive if mis-handled. XD

On the other hand, the way this is shot somehow makes me think of product placement. XD.

Yeah, but I don't think that will happen. Companies probably wouldn't like to show everyone how fragile their cheap Chinese shit really is.

Except that Coca-Cola is canned locally and they don't exactly design the cans to be concrete cracking projectiles. Besides, Chinese Coca-Cola cans look a lot different.

Score one for Pepsi.

Coke lovers are dogs.

i don't quite understand why that would be a problem... electrical equipment getting some coke on it? i guess it would suck to get it on the lens but i dunno

I love it when you filme your reactions! Good one, guys (although I knida wish you had used the crowbar or dropped it again, even though the mess would increase a lot. XD)!

I know it's late, but did anyone catch the freeze-frame?

DSFARGEG

That can is fizztory!

Nojh:
So anybody else notice that the exclamations made on the normal camera didn't seem to sync up with the sound of it during the high speed video? Maybe I just caught it wrong but it seems like Graham yelled out after the can had landed, but in the slow motion video the yell started far earlier.

I noticed that, too. They probably couldn't slow down the audio any more than that without it passing out of audible sounds and into vibration.

Graham_LRR:
Guys I... wasn't surprised. I've done that before by accident.
It was the spray flying at the computer where I was sitting, off camera, that elicited the "holy shit".

But nobody reads these anyway :(

Ah! I was wondering what the surprise was about. Obviously, the computer survived, since I assume it was the one used to edit these.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here