Daily Drop: Turtle Bank

Turtle Bank

The shell! It does nothing!

Watch Video

Poor little guy, he seemed so happy.

Also, I was hoping there would be some change in it... but I guess you did that one separately already.

First the fowl in Unskippable, and now the turtle? Noooooo!!

The eyes...they wiggle.
Too bad the bank was empty inside.

Perfect drop angle on this one... you can almost hear the turtle's last thoughts as it falls to the floor. My favorites:
"I'll call it ground! I hope it will be my friend..."
"Hi, floor! Make me a sammich!"

Cool break, but it would've been so much cooler if it had been filled with pennies.

Well that was a decent shatter, the goggly-eyes bouncing about....

WHY, WHY DID YOU KILL A TURTLE?! QQ

I can just see him screaming "oh shi-" before he smashes into the ground

Oof, lots of little pieces flying about! From the eyes spinning off to the biggest piece smashing into the wall... Ouch.

And a flood light tomorrow? Did someone mention one of those things in a previous thread?

O.o why do the faces always have to stay intact??

*Tries to delete frosty, santa, and turtle from memory*

It broke in all kinds of places. If you guys pick it up again, you should do another bank with change in it, like oh say, about 3.50 in change.

A snail/turtle hybrid in super slow-motion. Now THAT's slow!

Poor bank, its broke :(

Another opportunity gone begging!

This piece was just screaming out to have some hard cash in there, for a change in the dynamics. After all, the classical metaphor of someone smashing the piggy bank for the hard-earned change would have been satisfied. Sure, it looked good, but we've seen hollow ceramics here before and yes, every one is different, but something here to influence it was missed.

Okay, I'm calm... it's just I've had dental work today and I'm a little tetchy. Sorry.

Heh, that's right, the shell really didn't do anything. On the other hand, it did break quite nicely O~O.

The wobbly eyes of the turtle were far less troubling, and more amusing, than the wobbly eyes of the fish...

Coop83: Not all the ceramics have been empty - there were at least two cookie jars with cookies in them (the Christmas tree jar even left all the cookies in a neat pile).

This was another one of those items that was adorable and you shattered it to bits! I am le sad. Like Imper1um said, first the chicken, and now this? D:

Good slow mo effect, however. Those poor, poor googly eyes...

I love how strangely meditative and homeopathic this show is ^_^

RIP buddy
(rest in pieces... har har har)

McRiggs:
This was another one of those items that was adorable and you shattered it to bits! I am le sad.

To paraphrase the Ikea guy, "If you feel sorry for this bank, it is because you're crazy! Ceramic turtle banks have no feelings."

Now if only I could apply that logic to at least half the tchotchkes I've got lying around the house...

I would have been more fun if it wasn't empty.

Anybody notice it was a slug, not a turtle? It had eye-stalks. Turtles aren't normally equipped with those, nor are they often tan in color. ;D

dsilvoul01:
Anybody notice it was a slug, not a turtle? It had eye-stalks. Turtles aren't normally equipped with those, nor are they often tan in color. ;D

I'm guessing that because it has four pink feet sticking out from it's shell while it has an engorged stomach that serves as a foot pad, that the bank is some form of snail/turtle hybrid as mentioned above by Folio.

Shoulda filled it with pennies.

Graham_LRR:
Turtle Bank

The shell! It does nothing!

Watch Video

Hmm? Do i see a "Is it a Good Idea to Microwave This?" reference?

Smashy!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here