Show About Games Show: Dragon Ages & Double Jumps

Pages PREV 1 2

Overanalizing the Obvious! My favorite scene.

I didn't really enjoied the first half but still a nice job.

The best part was the censoring of google.

Love the "Can I join your guild?" bit. Just the way she said no. XD

Also, that guy walked out of the women's/disabled washroom. Nice touch.

I agree that the writing is really really weak. Or I am really really dense at getting jokes. Just because you make references doesn't mean it's funny, unless you find family guy funny.

Swifteye:
I like how every video there's half the comments like "this is great you guys are where you need to be!" and the other half is "You are bottoming out I don't think you are very good" is it quite possible that they are doing everything right and that sketch humor is very very subjective? So far they aren't any better than any other show which decided to do sketches (and I've watched quite a few) so that's pretty good in my books seeing as it's filling a hole that wasn't there before.

Isn't Loading Ready Run sketch comedy also? Except maybe the 'actors' are more likable. I'm probably completely biased from watching desert bus for hope though.

But there wasn't any hole that wasn't there before if you look at it subjectively. Oops i mean objectively.

My favorite part of this episode was the I-Ninja clip they played in the Double Jump skit. Love to see that game getting some love.

This was one of the better episodes imo. I mean, there have been better sketches but I liked all 3 sections of this episode so, looking at the whole package, this one fares quite well. The ridiculousness of the first sketch, the sight gags in the third sketch and the second sketch was a sort of "guess the punchline" game. There's still improvements needed but I laughed enough times to warrant the 5 minutes of my life that it took to watch this. I more or less like this show and that's why it hurts me when it falls flat. Keep trying guys, there's some good stuff in here but you just need to identify what's actually good and what's holding you back.

It keeps getting better, guys. Great show.

Double jumps really have become a default for most games today. From the top off my head i can't really think of any games that only let you do a single jump, as i can think of it's no jumping at all(Zelda), or it's a double jump(pretty much anything), maybe even more.

As for the show itself i didn't really appreciate the Dragon Age thing, but i did like the Scribblenauts and Analyzing the Obvious ones.

All three parts this time had their moment: Got excited on the Nurf DND Opening, liked the Scribblenauts Middle Part, and lol'd at the Over analyzing the Obvious End. Good work!

The nerf guns bows! They do nothing!

Great one, guys.

I loved the seccond one

the first one was... nerdy and kind of lame, but in a cool sense...

*double jump!*

JoelChenFA:

Swifteye:
I like how every video there's half the comments like "this is great you guys are where you need to be!" and the other half is "You are bottoming out I don't think you are very good" is it quite possible that they are doing everything right and that sketch humor is very very subjective? So far they aren't any better than any other show which decided to do sketches (and I've watched quite a few) so that's pretty good in my books seeing as it's filling a hole that wasn't there before.

Isn't Loading Ready Run sketch comedy also? Except maybe the 'actors' are more likable. I'm probably completely biased from watching desert bus for hope though.

But there wasn't any hole that wasn't there before if you look at it subjectively. Oops i mean objectively.

Oh my. I forgot all about that loading ready run show.

Common Sense? What is that? HEHE!! Sometimes I feel this is the norm in the world today.

Also, "No, there is no party." "Was that a double negative?" I was beaming there. :D

The episode gave me some chuckles. It was enjoyable and an improvement from the last episode.

Yet you still are not there, this has quite alot of potential but you will just need to spend a bit more time on writing and improving the quality of acting. Still, I can see this series getting somewhere!

JoelChenFA:

Swifteye:

See, this is the thing. I don't like LRR. I enjoy ENN, but I don't like Unskippable or the LRR sketches. I never enjoyed Doraleous and Associates or Gamedogs either, but enough people enjoyed them for them to continue on this site for some time.

I enjoy this show though. It's not laugh out loud humour, but there's usually enough to make me smile.

Humour is subjective. Just because someone personally didn't enjoy something doesn't mean it needs improvement or changing. It just means it wasn't made for that person. Maybe they'll enjoy the next one. Or if not, then maybe they should watch something else.

And now for the adorable, yet tragic, side effects of not being able to double jump in reality.

Once again one part is lame/creepy and the other is comical XD this show is bipolar! i love it!

The Scribblenauts scene was the first to actually make me laugh.

I find this show a little corny ... but I also like it a lot. I particularly like the "Overanalyzing the Obvious" segment. The tone is just perfect.

There have been a lot of comments on how you guys should just focus on shorts. While I agree that they are your strong suit, I don't think you should leave out longer skits if that's what you want to do. Just because it's one of the weaker points of your show it doesn't mean that you have to omit them completely from your writing process.

Watching your longer skits, It seems as if you have multiple people influencing your overall writing of them. This is not necessarily a bad thing. The reason why I think that is because they seem very random as far as the jokes are concerned. Keep in mind that when you are writing a longer skit the idea is the same as with your shorter skits. You want to focus on the punch line and everything that is said (or done) should build up to the best joke that you can come up with for that scene. Random quips can be effective to keep the momentum of your comedy moving until your punchline, but they have to do with the overall theme of your skit for any one to get it (or carry your skit until your next joke).

I hope I'm not being a dick here. I'm just trying to be constructive with this post. oh yeah, if you want to emulate an action sequence using nerf guns you can do it, but if you want to do it effectively you'll want to make sure that your protagonist doesn't get shot with them. Think of it this way, how many action movies have you seen where the protagonist gets hit with an arrow three times before they before they kill someone with a sword? I wouldn't be so critical if this was youtube, but you guys kind of beat out other people's submissions to be featured on The Escapist.

guise709:
good stuff love the double jump part.

Agreed!

Reminds me of why my martial arts instructor stopped teaching kids.
"How do we shoot fireballs?, do spinning whirl kicks?, double jumps?"

The stupidity got to much for him.

I liked the first one best, maybe just because the knowing ridiculousness of everything was perfect for my sense of humour :D I thought the actual technical timing was above normal for that one too. Particularly liked how the guy was excluded in the last shot and then the camera moved to make the punchline. Maybe the acting wasn't quite so brilliant but self-aware comedy is the hardest of all comedy and even professional actors often dodn't do it well

Love that girl pointing accusingly in that last skit. :D

Good stuff, guys!

Such a great episode! Keep up the great work! The double jump bit was pretty dang funny, I also liked the scribblenauts cthulu :)

I liked your timing on this episode

Double Jumping and Cthulu made me laugh, but the first sketch was a little... typical I guess. I did laugh at the sword getting stuck... ahh to be an amateur role-player.

All and all good episode.

that was...pretty good, imo :)
I liked the Cthulhu scribblenauts thing best
also, I wouldn't be surprised if EA DID ambush fans during the DA2 launch XD

I had the exact same armor when I was a kid. Loving it.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.