Midnight 3DS Launch Underwhelms in New York

Pages PREV 1 2

Kiraxa:
short battery life, crappy launch titles, same shitty touchscreen as the ds which gets scratched to hell in a few hours of use, more expensive than a ps3. I'm surprised they managed to get as many people as they did.

Scratched to hell? What are you using to play games, a fork? I don't have a single scratch on any of my touch screens.

I was at that launch. I has SO much fun - aside from freezing my ass off to take photos and do interviews (none of which the pricks included in their videos) I guess my sacrifice to take off my coat and freeze to answer their questions in full costume wasn't good enough. I'm not a family friendly image for Nintendo. (OH MY, SPANDEX). Only one out of all those interviewers actually used my segment:
Dualshockers interview (2:45)
And thank you very much, Dualshockers.

By the way, I didn't read everything on the first page concerning the system's flaws. I merely skimmed it. But I have to say I am enjoying my 3DS system greatly. The built in software which I expected to not give a rat's ass about, is actually quite entertaining - especially face raiders. My only complaint is the battery life.

But then again, look at the people that have to charge their nifty iphone/android thingies each and every single night due to the horrid batteries (I still use a RazR phone, I'm out of the high tech cell phone loop and plan on staying there). So it will be the same with the 3DS. Charge at night. If I bring mine to school to play on breaks, I'll bring a charger. No sweat really.

I imagine if Nintendo are chasing the casual market, they are exactly the sort of people who don't turn up to midnight launches. Most of them are asleep.

So the 3DS might still do fine, I'd say this isn't much of an indicator

With street fighter as a launch title, I beg to differ. i think that alone is saying something.

Kiraxa:
short battery life, crappy launch titles, same shitty touchscreen as the ds which gets scratched to hell in a few hours of use, more expensive than a ps3. I'm surprised they managed to get as many people as they did.

Perhaps people should stop having their animals claw their system? Mine is over two years old now and there are no scratches on either of my screens. People should learn to take good care of shit they don't want damaged.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here