Daily Drop: GameBoy

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

GameBoy

They don't make them like this anymore.

Watch Video

They're really hard to find! Why did you hit it!

The crowbar always makes my day better.

Noooo! Why?!?!
Don't break it!

Toasty Virus:
They're really hard to find! Why did you hit it!

I have one, had it since '90. I think it still works too. You know back in the day they made these things more robust and don't even get me started on the game quality compared to modern games......(old person rant edited for space).....

I wanna see them drop a Gamecube. Morgan Von Webb would be happy to see her experiment verified.

Also, that vid made me feel old. Simply cause I knew what that was and had one at one point, and kids today have no idea what one of those are.

I think they should commit to the total destruction of every item that pass the ladder test. I want moar!

You're gorram right that was a failure! It didn't have Shaq Fu in the cartridge slot, I'd venture to say that's barely even a GameBoy without Shaq Fu.

Needless to say, that thing was built to last though..

i cried at this

Does it still work after that?

^Agreed. I have to ask. Did it still work after the initial drop?

Third time's a charm, if the console still works could you give us a post or maybe show it working/not working in a later video?

Think it was probably not working before they even dropped it, they have used items before mostly cus they where already bricked or otherwise non functional.

But what do i know?

Was that the Gameboy from that LRR sketch "A Stitch in Time" from nearly a year ago?

Also, I guess you gotta EXPECT the crowbar if you know about this:

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm about to quote Men in Black II:
Jay: Didn't your mama give you a Gameboy?
Kay: WHAT IS A GAMEBOY?!?

And what the hell is that item for tomorrow? A tape dispenser?

EDIT: By the way, I'm not the only one who noticed Alex had to use BOTH hands when taking the crowbar to the GameBoy, am I?

Man that thing is resilient.

No wonder mine never broke. O.o

Please tell me this was a broken one you guys destroyed....

emeraldrafael:
I wanna see them drop a Gamecube. Morgan Von Webb would be happy to see her experiment verified.

Also, that vid made me feel old. Simply cause I knew what that was and had one at one point, and kids today have no idea what one of those are.

I'm 17 and my Gameboy with Pokemon Yellow was my best friend as a kid :D

Anyways, back to my original point...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

It's the only way to express my feelings :'(

Wow the Gameboy was strong...And you monsters! Why would you hurt my childhood! 0_0

YOU monsters!!!

Gotta love nintendo engineering

they should have shown it still worked after the crowbarring because i'd bet money that it still does, i swear those brickboys could survive reentry and impact

They really don't make them like that anymore. Though I wonder just how much it cost to get that, and I think that another hit right in the middle of the screen was needed, to get some real parts flying

Evil the White:
Snip

It was a nice hit, but I really kind of expected a "Once More" to finish it off.

First I was like "What blasphemy is this?!"
But then I remembered that the thing is made from Nintendium.
It propably still worked even after the crowbar hit.

Nintendo consoles are notoriously difficult to break. I've seen a GameCube still functional after being cut IN HALF.

That is one tough piece of hardware. They should have a sledgehammer for a fallback.

DJPirtu:
First I was like "What blasphemy is this?!"
But then I remembered that the thing is made from Nintendium.
It propably still worked even after the crowbar hit.

Pssht. Crowbar isn't near enough to stop a Game Boy, I mean those things can take high explosives:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBeTXPaewMo

Poor Gameboy Pocket. This is what I like about Nintendo's handheld systems. They can take a couple of drops and still work. But I never bothered to drop them on purpose or from the same height as DD.

Oh man that was brutel! How could you? That could of been worth alot more in the future!

Made with nintendium.

Fact: Game Boy= bad ass

said it before, say it again

you can not destroy forged nintendium

you just can't

Not enough carnage!

If you're going to destroy childhoods, destroy them good.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here