Escape to the Movies: Your Highness

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Your Highness

MovieBob ponders whether adding stoners to D&D makes for good comedy.

Watch Video

I think I might see "Arthur" this weekend, instead...

But I'll watch this on DVD.

And everything I've seen about Thor makes it seem like it won't suck.

But you can make a good trailer for ANYTHING.

Now I just really wanna watch Hercules

Yeah I wouldn't even rent this, looks SO bad, also I WANT A RAINBOW FIRE SWORD!

Oh god this looks awful. I feel bad for you, Bob.

"The Bourne movies would have been a lot better if you replaced Matt Damon with a little girl."
FUCK YOU BOB!
Okay Natalie, Now you've made-up for two of the prequels.

Wow seems like a very great week for new movies.

As for this movie itself, I'll probably skip it and wait for on DVD. Looks fun and I like the actors, but the price of tickets these days...

Hercules throwing a bear into space?

that's all I got to hear. Thanks for the movie recommendation.

Gotta get Hercules on dvd!

Nope. Don't care. I don't care if you praise it to the level of watchmen. I'm not watching Hollywood purposefully fucking over the middle ages.

but on board with hanna. Ha, Matt Damon as a little girl. Yep, that's about right, hopefully less shaky cam.

For once, I actually enjoyed your crazy tangent. That movie does indeed look hilarious. Hercules, that is. Not "Your Highness". That looks retarded.

I saw the red band trailers, and it looked like they swear ALL THE TIME....and it's supposed to funny. For example, this little dialoge:

Lowly, Mistreated Sidekick:....It's my birthday today.
Danny McBride[1]:......Fuck that.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE HE SAID THE "FUCK" WORD!!!!!

I don't know, this just looks like a deeply, deeply stupid movie to me.

[1] Or whatever his name is

I cannot for the life of me understand why Bob would spend his time tripping over a semi-recommendation for Your Highness when he could have spent it talking about the intense piece of awesome that is Hanna.

so, am i the only one for whom the video is broken?

Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle is still the epitome of stoner comedy for me, so I think I'll give this a pass. I can't stand James Franco and I really don't want to have to look at that other guy the entire time.

"OK, let's see where I really left off on these videos."
*goes to page 2*
*sees the last vid from page 1*
Whoa, it updated on meh! Front-page comment tyme is GO!

Glad to be visiting this section again.

Hercules looks like a movie you would watch if you were on something trippy.

Bob you already ended early when you put that Hercules 1983 B movie thing. Soo review comedie is hard. Uh. Did not know that.

coming soon to a theatre near you! it's! BEEEEAAAAARRSSSSS IIINNNN SPAAAAAACE!!!!!

Susan Arendt:
Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle is still the epitome of stoner comedy for me, so I think I'll give this a pass. I can't stand James Franco and I really don't want to have to look at that other guy the entire time.

Hmm well I won't suggest Pineapple Express then (It's way more awesome than Harold and Kumar though)

OT This looks pretty good to me. I will have to settle for this in the absence of Eastbound and Down season 2. sad panda.

You know is that me or there actually very little fanasy/adventure movie that are good?

I think it has to do with the exposition and inconsistence that a magic base system are easier to mishandle in a movie than in book, because of time limit and a variety of other factor.

Oh, a stoner movie. I HATE stoner movies. And I actually thought this looked promising too.

thecoreyhlltt:
coming soon to a theatre near you! it's! BEEEEAAAAARRSSSSS IIINNNN SPAAAAAACE!!!!!

I would totally see that.

Can just hear the movie preview guy's voice: 'He thought he had eliminated it, but as the frozen bear swung by the sun it was imbued with radioactive powers. Now Hercules must go into space to face his greatest enemy before it returns to burn the world. In Theatres this summer it's Hercules 2 BEARS IN SPACE!'

Onyx Oblivion:
I think I might see "Arthur" this weekend, instead...

But I'll watch this on DVD.

And everything I've seen about Thor makes it seem like it won't suck.

But you can make a good trailer for ANYTHING.

Yes, case in point-SKYLINE

Frozen Donkey Wheel2:
For once, I actually enjoyed your crazy tangent. That movie does indeed look hilarious. Hercules, that is. Not "Your Highness". That looks retarded.

I saw the red band trailers, and it looked like they swear ALL THE TIME....and it's supposed to funny. For example, this little dialoge:

Lowly, Mistreated Sidekick:....It's my birthday today.
Danny McBride[1]:......Fuck that.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE HE SAID THE "FUCK" WORD!!!!!

I don't know, this just looks like a deeply, deeply stupid movie to me.

Really because in the red band trailer I saw they swore only 6 times.

Motherfucker
Shit
Buttfuck
Fuck (not a joke, just saying what the fuck?)
Shit (not as a joke, something bad happened they say oh shit like a lot of people would)
Shit

Also, I don't think the joke there is that he swore, it's that he doesn't give a crap. Only two of those are jokes where the swear is the joke. Thought they were pretty funny actually.

I'm not saying it's an intelligent movie, it's not. It's really not. But it's not meant to be. It's just meant to be funny.

Could you link me the trailer you saw if you saw it online. I didn't see the joke you're talking about and I could only find the trailer I already saw. Maybe there's a lot more swearing in that one.

OT: I'll be checking it out anyway. I live in Ireland so it's not out until next Friday here but I work in the cinema so I'll see it for free Wednesday. Really looking forward to Arthur. Was hoping. I was hoping Bob would get to that in his recommendations at the start.

Edit, nevermind saw it... There's 3 swears in it. Doesn't seem that excessive to me.

[1] Or whatever his name is

HankMan:
"The Bourne movies would have been a lot better if you replaced Matt Damon with a little girl."
FUCK YOU BOB!
Okay Natalie, Now you've made-up for two of the prequels.

I personally want to see Insidious. Idk Bob said it might be good, however when it comes to action I'll reserve my own opinion. At least I can trust bob on horror.

Migratingchimp:

thecoreyhlltt:

I would totally see that.

Can just hear the movie preview guy's voice: 'He thought he had eliminated it, but as the frozen bear swung by the sun it was imbued with radioactive powers. Now Hercules must go into space to face his greatest enemy before it returns to burn the world. In Theatres this summer it's Hercules 2 BEARS IN SPACE!'

totally epic and worth the price of admissions

Susan Arendt:

Thank you!!! I have yet to see a funnier stoner movie. You are awesome :D

Divine Miss Bee:

Using Chrome, it simply will not play. Guess I'll try IE...
EDIT: NM just had to reload it a couple more times

Madara XIII:

Susan Arendt:

Thank you!!! I have yet to see a funnier stoner movie. You are awesome :D

Best Neil Patrick Harris cameo ever. :)

300lb. Samoan:

Divine Miss Bee:

Using Chrome, it simply will not play. Guess I'll try IE...
EDIT: NM just had to reload it a couple more times

switched to firefox and it was fine. should/how can we tell someone?

Just came from it, and sadly I am disappointed, I laughed my as out when I saw pineapple express, but I only laughed twice watching this movie.

While I 've seen worse comedies, this is just don't deserve a recommendation from me, Sorry Bob.

Aiddon:

Same here man. That review sold Hercules more than it sold the movie to me :P

Hercules threw a bear into space...

I so have to get my self a copy of that movie.

And might check out the other ones mentioned.

Aiddon:

This. It looks trippier than Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Also, i'm going to avoid this movie like the plague. No offense to you Bob, but you have a pretty poor taste in comedy. I saw Hot Tub Time Machine on the TV the other day and it was just awful. Awful, awful AWFUL. The paper gave it one star out of five, but i decided to give it a shot anyway on your recommendation a long while back. Didn't chuckle at it. Not even once. Then there's your praise surrounding the mediocre Paul and while i haven't seen that particular movie, the trailers i did see employed tired old jokes that just never hit home. It felt very disconnecting to see British actors ostensibly play out American jokes and humour. I don't like these kind of "Aw duuuude" 'stoner' movies anyway, and i'll probably like one even less that rips on the whole fantasy trope while trying to be semi-serious. Not to mention i'm getting dreadfully sick of seeing and hearing about Natalie Portman. Don't we have any other young female actresses in Hollywood that are rising stars?

Wait, so Hercules REALLY threw a bear into space???
At first i thought MovieBob edited that last space-scene. Well I'll be damned, what the hell where the creators of that smoking?
Also, Your Highness seems ok, i suppose. Though i haven't actually even heard of it before...
I may go see it.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or