Trailers: Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D

Take control of a number of Resident Evil characters and fight off the undead.

Watch Video

Looks awesome. Its great to see a demo for the other resi 3ds game is included...Its becoming a tempting buy now.

hummm and the controls are not going to suck why?

Huh. That is darn impressive. I didn't realize the DS would be able to make a game that looked THAT good, I was just thinking of it as a DS with 3D.

And when I get a 3DS this will be a game I buy along with it.

Anybody know if it's gonna be a full priced game?

Also is there a list of confirmed playable characters, like apart from what they showed at the beginning? No Leon seems... odd

Dammit Nintendo, I didn't think I was going to want a 3DS but CAPCOM decided to make awesome shit for it....

Graphically, it looks amazing. Not at all excited about the controls/fucking sitting on the shoulder camera.

Looks solid. The customization and extra abilities surprised me a bit. I really did not think Capcom was going to do anything with the game at all.

kaioshade:
Looks solid. The customization and extra abilities surprised me a bit. I really did not think Capcom was going to do anything with the game at all.

Same here. I was worried that it would just be a copypasta of the RE4 and 5's Mercenary modes, but it looks like Capcom is pretty dedicated to adding on plenty of good stuff.

I might actually have to get this now... after Ocarina of Time, of course.

Ah, finally a 3DS release that isn't Nintendogs.

In all seriousness though, looks good. Playing as HUNK would be a rare luxury for me, I think.

Mahorfeus:

kaioshade:

Same here. I was worried that it would just be a copypasta of the RE4 and 5's Mercenary modes, but it looks like Capcom is pretty dedicated to adding on plenty of good stuff.

Wait what? Is this for real?

Radoh:

Mahorfeus:

kaioshade:

Wait what? Is this for real?

Ocarina of time is getting an enhanced 3DS port in June. It is official.

kaioshade:
A snip for the road

Ocarina of time is getting an enhanced 3DS port in June. It is official.[/quote]

Excellent, maybe now I'll be able to beat it.

Looks awesome. The only thing keeping me from buying it is the time limit. I HATE games with time limits.

So they are turning that shitty mode from re4 and 5 into a whole game now?
Cause no one played those to progress through a story or what?

9_6:
So they are turning that shitty mode from re4 and 5 into a whole game now?
Cause no one played those to progress through a story or what?

Because they couldn't write good or serious story and decided "Fuck it, we are just going to make it an arcade game and save us big bucks on the story department."

So is this the final game in the original continuity?
I know its probably non-canon.
Im asking if this is the last game in the original series tho, before the reboot I've been hearing about.

That was actually very impressive. When the video first started I thought to myself, "They're showing us footage from some other console, right?" Because all the other 3DS games I've seen so far looked like crap to me. Granted, I've only seen The Sims 3 and Nintendogs for the 3Ds, so what do I know, eh?

LadyMint:
That was actually very impressive. When the video first started I thought to myself, "They're showing us footage from some other console, right?" Because all the other 3DS games I've seen so far looked like crap to me. Granted, I've only seen The Sims 3 and Nintendogs for the 3Ds, so what do I know, eh?

You also have to take into account that this is blown up to fill your computer screen it looks even better in it's native resolution

and Resident evil revelations Looks even better than that

Ahh thank Christ you showed it was on the 3DS. At first I was about to rage since I got it confused with Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City and was like "WTF? Where the fuck are the zombies? What happened with Raccoon City? Fuck this RE4 bullshit!"

Anyway, looks okay but since I hate the RE4/5 style I won't be touching it with a 10 foot pole.

;_________________;

Why do they do this?
Ruin every little bit of love I have for this game.

They take the best part of RE5 and kill it with DLC, I paid for the game already! And now you make me pay again because RE5 mercenaries died due to mercenaries reunion DLC.

Now more of this DS buggery? Quit your cash farming Capcom, you're losing fans here.

edit:
Is HUNK like in RE4?
Headshot
stun
NECK BREAKER!
NECK BREAKER!
NECK BREAKER!
x134 combo!
/edit

First I will await a slightly cheaper 3DS. Next step is to buy games that will keep me busy. Finally wait for this mini game to come down in price and I'll maybe pick it up for 20 quid.

So Chris, Jill, Claire and HUNK shown. I'm guessing Wesker is an unlockable. But who will the other four be? My bet is on Leon showing up in one. Hopefully Barry to! "I have THIS!"

Assuming those lame-ass costume variants aren't in the game, I think the roster will be as follows:

Chris
Jill
Claire
Leon
Krauser (less broken than in RE4, hopefully)
HUNK
Wesker
Ada
Rebecca/Barry (?)

Nice to see Chris's body proportions look a little less ridiculous this time.

waiting for this game to come out before buying a 3ds

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here