Trailers: Risen 2: Dark Waters: Debut

Risen 2: Dark Waters: Debut

Pirates, voodoo, and a letter feature in this debut trailer for Risen 2: Dark Waters.

Watch Video

Wait... flintlock pistols? When did that particular fantasy setting invent those? Now I'm super curious just when the new game is actually set in relation to the first Risen... especially since I recall the world wasn't fairing so well when that game ended.

Well, colour me vaguely interested.

But... uhh, what kind of game is this exactly?

I'm so gonna buy this despite any negative press just because its a fucking PIRATE RPG!!!!

*Ahem*...ArrrrPG, I mean.

Zhukov:
Well, colour me vaguely interested.

But... uhh, what kind of game is this exactly?

If it's anything like the first Risen, it'll be a disgustingly mediocre action-RPG with broken combat and leveling.

Pirates,dark waters,rise????

Is this a hint towards a Pirates of Darkwater videogame?

I discovered and played the first Risen over the christmas break. Such a fantastic game!! It had a few faults I suppose but honestly it was one of the most fun and engaging RPGs I played in a while. This one looks like fun too.

Wait a second

Risen? As in that game that looked dated as hell on the 360?

THAT GOT A SEQUEL!

What the hell....... I might try it tho...the first needed some work and was weirdly broken sorta...

The animations looked kind of broken and the script was impossibly cheesy, might buy it used at most. Doesn't look that great.

Risen 1 looked pretty good on PC. It made nice use of colours, and was a pretty good RPG, right up until Chapter 3 when it massively took a turn for the worse that didn't improve beyond the end of the game.

EDIT: Also, don't udnerstand how animation is "broken"

EDIT EDIT: Also, it getting a sequel might be something to do with a weekend sale on Steam. It hadn't shipped well until then, but on the weekend sale, it sold 4 times the number of copies it had over its entire 1.5 year lifetime..

I have removed my words from this site.

This looks amazing, the trailer looks like it was cut from a real Hollywood quality film.
Which means the game will suck ass.
Too bad.
I enjoy pirate-like games.

Lt. Vinciti:
Wait a second

Risen? As in that game that looked dated as hell on the 360?

THAT GOT A SEQUEL!

What the hell....... I might try it tho...the first needed some work and was weirdly broken sorta...

Might be because the development team has a lot of credibility here in its homeland Germany and Risen (as well as the Gothic series) was rather successful here as well. I must say that I'm a bit astonished that the trailer was shown in Germany with an English dub though. But aiming for an international audience is never a bad thing, I guess.

The studio seems to have a knack for wonderful games with dated graphics and slight control problems, but I still prefer Gothic I and II to Risen. Risen was rushed after a messy breakup with their long-term publisher over the mess that was Gothic III, maybe that could mean that Risen II will have had more time to grow and mature and be full of win again.

Seriously, spend some bucks on Gothic I and II, you won't regret it (though the English localization is said to be all bad voice acting done by just a handful of actors).

geierkreisen:

Seriously, spend some bucks on Gothic I and II, you won't regret it (though the English localization is said to be all bad voice acting done by just a handful of actors).

Oh the voice acting is definitely terrible, no doubt about it, but it grows on you after a while!

joethekoeller:

Zyst:
The animations looked kind of broken and the script was impossibly cheesy, might buy it used at most. Doesn't look that great.

Don't you think it's a bit weird to judge a games visuals by a completely prerendered trailer, even if it looks bad?

While I'd agree with you if it was the other way around, don't you think it's a bit weird to expect game visuals/animations to surpass those of a pre-rendered trailer?

I have removed my words from this site.

Do want, do want alot.

Just one thing... where the hell is bald but not quite guy and Patsy?
Not saying nosebrace fringe man and White line voodoo chick don't look badass enough.

I saw these http://www.gamesblog.it/galleria/risen-2-dark-waters-03/ and said, WTF is this ugly arsed game.

Then I saw THESE http://inserg.com/games/first-risen-2-screenshots-hd/ and basked in it's splendour.

I liked Gothic and Risen but I still say that the controls and the combat were big steaming piles of shite... Just as well they had half descent gameplay.

joethekoeller:

Vrach:

joethekoeller:

Don't you think it's a bit weird to judge a games visuals by a completely prerendered trailer, even if it looks bad?

While I'd agree with you if it was the other way around, don't you think it's a bit weird to expect game visuals/animations to surpass those of a pre-rendered trailer?

Animations and texture quality? Probably not. But there's a lot more at work in creating the ultimate look of a game and speaking as someone who played the first Risen, the nice lighting, the lush vegitation and the interesting landscape made it eyecandy for me.

Looked like a fish, steered like a cow.

Spangles:
I saw these http://www.gamesblog.it/galleria/risen-2-dark-waters-03/ and said, WTF is this ugly arsed game.

Then I saw THESE http://inserg.com/games/first-risen-2-screenshots-hd/ and basked in it's splendour.

I liked Gothic and Risen but I still say that the controls and the combat were big steaming piles of shite... Just as well they had half descent gameplay.

Thats a big contrast in looks. The second site had HD Images so maybe it looks rubbish on normal tvs.

I haven't even heard of Risen 1 before, but I am certainly going to get this - nothing quite like a bit of swashbuckling.

Huh... decent looking cutscenes... remind me again, who are the good guys?

Risen on PC is actually very very good. Not really their fault that the consoles simply lack the means to run the game at its best.

Anyway, the story looks interesting, and that particular type of fantasy really interests me.

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.