Escape to the Movies: Troll Hunter

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Troll Hunter

You asked for it, you got it - MovieBob reviews Troll Hunter.

Watch Video

looks like an awesome movie.
I shall check it out if I can.

Ask and ye shall receive eh Bob?

Hmm, now I'm somewhat jealous of my Norwegian neighbours. Not sure I'm gonna watch this movie because I'm not a big fan of the whole Blair With/Cloverfield format.

Edit: Insert joke about how we need Internet Trollhunters.

I wonder if they call hunting trolls, 'Trolling' :P

On a side note, this looks pretty damn good

Looks like a kickass flick

It's nice that Norwegian film makers can now afjord to make big movies.
I wonder if they'll make an abridged version

I love when they don't show movies the critics, it's like a big "This will suck" stamp. Makes it easy when deciding if it's worth going to see it. Troll hunter certainly looks like a cheaper and better option.

Man, this movie was a big deal over here when it came out. A great watch and it's awesome to see Bob giving it the recognition it, in my opinion, deserves.

HankMan:

Sure will be a mountainous task.

This looks and sounds sick, I'll definitely check it out if my local cinema puts it on.

Interesting looking movie... however, I doubt it will ever comes out in my region.

Awesome! I was hoping this film would get a US release soon. Can't wait to check it out.

Also Bob, you're not missing much with "Priest". Matthew Buck ("Film Brain") of ThatGuyWithTheGlasses said it was horrible.

oh fuck yeah thats what im talking about!

a real monster movie like cloverfield, now do a dragon movie.

Gads, I really hope this comes to Fantasia 2011, here in Montreal. This movie is total Fantasia fodder. >_<

NinjaDeathSlap:

Terrible, terrible pun :P

OT: I loved the movie. Dunno if they play the movie dubbed or with subtitles but I reccomend it to everyone.

Wait... MST3K vs Gamera? I'm with Bob: DO WANT!

And yeah, this sounds like an interesting flick.

I checked it out on your earlier recommendation - really like it, awesome atmosphere!

God, I didn't really enjoy gloverfield or blair witch project so I tend to avoid these shaky camera movies. I live in europe so maybe the movie will be more present here. I guess in the case I happen to stumbe across it, I might give it a try.
Btw, I like it when you present a quick summary of the research you do around the movie. Keep it up Bob :)

Henrik Stavenes:

NinjaDeathSlap:

Terrible, terrible pun :P

OT: I loved the movie. Dunno if they play the movie dubbed or with subtitles but I reccomend it to everyone.

Yeah I know, but it was there for the taking...

I thought Bob was going to rip open some fanboy trolls or what not... this is a pleasant surprise.

Well, Dead Snow was a pretty cool zombie movie, so this is probably worth a shot.

Also, I love they made a fantasy-monster movie where an atheist actually has an advantage over the monster instead of being the dogmatic denialist who gets eaten.

Nero09:
Man, this movie was a big deal over here when it came out. A great watch and it's awesome to see Bob giving it the recognition it, in my opinion, deserves.

HankMan:

Sure will be a mountainous task.

Are you guys trying to make a pun bomb in all comments? Because I should warn you that doing so can have very explosive drawbacks....wait. Damn.

Nice work, fellow vikings. Although we are on way to winning the Eurovsion song contest.

From Valhalla and back, norweigan brothers!

The whole 'practical approach to troll-hunting' reminded me of Holger Carlsen, the engineer-turned-knight protagonist of Poul Anderson's Three Hearts and Three Lions, what with the UV light and all. Just remember, groping breasts breaks protective barriers!

oh god, Priest. I still can't believe how badly they fucked up that movie especially when its source material is so good despite having a rather simple premise.

Must see this.

Well done review Bob, I'm very glad you seem to be laying off the haterade. I will definitely check this out.

is this movie in english?
also

So wait, Norweigan guys, No Troll Hunter love for your Danish cousins? I wanna watch it too! O:

gizmo2300:
So wait, Norweigan guys, No Troll Hunter love for your Danish cousins? I wanna watch it too! O:

It is out on dvd now (I know since I bought it 4 days ago).

I must convince the local arts-council to screen this somehow. They're showing How To Train Your Dragon, so I doubt this would be too plebian for them.

I love this movie, saw it in cinema on opening day...fantastic movie :3

Troll Hunter looks good. I will definitely make sure to see it.

Also I'm dissapointed with everything bad that I have heard about Priest. Paul Bettany is one of my absolute favorite actors, so I was really hoping for this movie.

Toro probably wouldn't like it for that exact reason. It's digital. He's got a love for old fashioned physical FX. And he's one of the few people I wouldn't want changing their game plan.

I thought Troll hunter was a bit Meh to be honest. It should have been called Troll Murderer really. There was no feeling of threat or danger through the entire thing. Hans just went around mopping them up like they were just minor annoyances.

I was underwhelmed. Expecting a lot more than a simple satire of government official life.

The government ended up being the only actual threat through the entire thing. And even that wasn't handled particularly well.

Goo graphics, good premise, bad direction.

I love being half Norweigian for moments like this :3

Must go up there and see it sometime.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.