Trailers: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Launch

Operation Flashpoint: Red River Launch

Four men work together as one unit to wage war in Operation Flashpoint: Red River.

Watch Video

Nice "tracer rounds." If you wanted to make a Star Wars game, you should have made a goddamn Star Wars game. Not an Operation Flashpoint scaled down 16 times that's an embarrassment to the brand name you acquired through litigation, and a script that could have been done by the best political satirists of 4chan.

Waaaiiiiiit a minute. I played this last month whys this trailer coming out now? ~_O

Also COD on hardcore mode is more realistic (And way more fun) than Red River.

.... But it came out a while ago in the UK!!! I saw it just the other day in GAME for £19.99, Unless Codemasters love England that much we got it long before the yanks?

maturin:
...and a script that could have been done by the best political satirists of 4chan.

Wow Could not have said it better myself.

also When you say that I ain't getting it!

terror_ninja:
Waaaiiiiiit a minute. I played this last month whys this trailer coming out now? ~_O

lukey94:
.... But it came out a while ago in the UK!!! I saw it just the other day in GAME for £19.99, Unless Codemasters love England that much we got it long before the yanks?

Codemasters is in Warwickshire, so yes, the game saw a European release over a month ago. It's coming out in the US in 3 days.

What would really be impressive is for something to be released in Australia first. Miracles do happen, though. ;D

I may pick this up when the price drops to around $9.99 (like three years after release). If it's anything like the first one, it will be nothing but a disappointment. If I decide to get it, it will be out of complete boredom and because my curiosity got the better of me.

I'm expecting this game to include the following:

- Crappy BF2 healing system complete with the VERY SAME healing symbology.

- Poor character animations.

- A large open world that is unable to be fully utilized because the game punishes you for going off-mission.

- The inability to, "Free look," independently of where your weapon is pointed.

- The inability to turn your head while in a vehicle.

- "Laser" tracers.

- Crappy story.

- Disappointing ending.

- HORRIBLE AI

I think I have covered most of it. Dragon Rising (not worthy of the name Operation Flashpoint) was a steaming pile of crap. I'm not sure why they would be releasing another game, and it is extremely unusual since the first game did not do nearly as well as they had hoped. They stopped supporting it VERY quickly.

Just google, "Sion Lenton." One of the first hits you will see in auto fill is, "Sion Lenton is a lair." He hyped up his game and failed to deliver. What a joke!

I REALLY hate the new OFP. Codemasters suck. Thankfully I never actually bought the game but rather play them at my friends place when he got it. COD trash really.

Good thing we still have BIS keeping what made the original great with the Arma games.

What Codemasters should be doing is trying to make another partnership with BIS. They are failures as game designers, you see, and should go back to riding off other people's work.

Flaming aside, I really think that they should take Arma 2 and go under the hood to pare it down and put a lite version on consoles, like with OFP Elite. I think it's possible. You just make highly-detailed, smaller maps like Zargabad or Proving Grounds, take out the jets, streamline the controls and limit the entities. (Not all the way down to fucking 60! on your piece of shit drag-racing engine, though.)

Last game was a buggy mess so will pass on this. There is only one rule to these games when developing them, if you make a game where you can be killed in one shot, make sure the AI and collision detection is broken.

Think i will stick to Ghost Recon.

kitsuta:

terror_ninja:

lukey94:

Codemasters is in Warwickshire, so yes, the game saw a European release over a month ago. It's coming out in the US in 3 days.

What would really be impressive is for something to be released in Australia first. Miracles do happen, though. ;D

^ I live in NZ and I played it ..last month or the month before so it must be out in Aus....

terror_ninja:

kitsuta:

^ I live in NZ and I played it ..last month or the month before so it must be out in Aus....

Oh dang! It must be, yes. Wikipedia doesn't mention an AU release date so I figured it wasn't scheduled yet.

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.