Trailers: Prototype 2: E3 2011

Prototype 2: E3 2011

Heller explains his problem with Alex Mercer.

Watch Video

this is actually an old trailer... i saw it months ago on the Prototype fan page on facebook.

in any case...

this is my most anticipated game of all time. above everything. ever.

Approved for all audiences my ass.

In b4 HankMan:
Wow, this looks Heller cool!

I still want Alex to win. That's eventually going to be a hard boss fight for me.

wouldnt mind playing it, prototype 1 was pretty good.

My big hopes for [Prototype 2]:

1: bigger scale locomotion. Bigger jumps, faster running, maybe even wings?
2: Tank mode. I want the ability to just turn into a big, slow moving, unstoppable hulk-thing.
3: More strength. I always wanted to lift up a whole tank and throw it down the street.

Too bad we can't play as Mercer. He seems like a cooler anit-hero than Heller.

Was very disappointed with the first one. It's unlikely I'll purchase this one. Also the new Assassin's creed trailer was so much cooler then this one.

The video looks really disappointing

Yay! Infamous tw....I mean Prototype two.

Heller seems even more unlikeable than Alex, and what is with Alex's voice now?

Still, I'll check it out, I enjoyed the first one for what it was.

Andronicus:
In b4 HankMan:
Wow, this looks Heller cool!

Thank you for showing Mercer

OT: The bit where you throw someone and turn them into a living virus grenade was actually so damn cool. Might have to get this one.

The only thing I don't understand is: Why did [insert whoever made this video] decide to have the Proton Pack charging sound during the Radical Entertainment title at 0:27? All it does is make me realize I could be watching Ghostbusters instead of a trailer of a sequel to a game that I didn't enjoy.

That looks...mediocre, apart from the last 20 seconds it was actually the exact same as Prototype. I'm betting it is almost the exact same as the original anyway, guy with big-fuck-off-arms slices stuff up.

Oh I'm pretty sure Heller will kill many daughters and wifes, too. And then we can have a third game where someone wants to kill him.
It's guaranteed to sell!

well the protagonist of prototype 3 will be the homeless man you pushed away in mission 3 and he is out for revenge because he had some nifty cans in his shopping cart...

Is it just me, or does this look exactly the same? And now Mercer is the (proper) bad guy? How are we supposed to dislike and want to kill him when we spent an entire game as him and saved the city? I am dissapointed. I was hoping the next one would be mercer looking for project Pariah.

Also, I'm really starting to hate Inception...

Meh, didn't like the first one enough to make me want to buy the second.

I'm afraid I have to point out the resemblance between P1 => P2 and MW2 => MW3. Even though this has been in the works for longer, it still doesn't look as graphically, or aesthetically, appealing as most other games these days. Only from these trailers it looks like a rehash of the previous game, only with a different protagonist and a slightly different story.

But I might be wrong.

Catchy Slogan:
Is it just me, or does this look exactly the same? And now Mercer is the (proper) bad guy? How are we supposed to dislike and want to kill him when we spent an entire game as him and saved the city? I am dissapointed. I was hoping the next one would be mercer looking for project Pariah.

Also, I'm really starting to hate Inception...

Yeah I was about to post this, it does look completely identical to Prototype. I only saw one new power used where he threw the guy into the tank and made it explode. Otherwise it's just Prototype with a new protagonist. :S

I'm hoping that's not the case, and that they just somehow royally screwed up making the trailer, because I really liked the first one. If only they'd tightened up the extremely goofy story, and gotten rid of the terrible cutscenes, I think it could be a terrific game. Unfortunately looks like they went for a copy-paste job instead...

I loved Prototype, but this is just....prototype again. Why didn't they keep going with the whole Mercer Pariah thing? That would've been awesome! Also, the slo-mo in this trailer is used waaaaaaaaay to much :p

Wow, they shit on it. For those of us who liked and played through the first game, we want to see the continuation of the story:

You know, after

Now we get to see a new character on the same mission as the old character, but this guy looks like a big enough dick not to care that he is doing the exact same thing Alex did.

I bet that somewhere near the end Heller discovers that Alex wasn't the one who killed his family , but rather an Imposter , you read this first here on the Escapist XD

Also , *BWAAAAAAH* :P

Prototype1:
Mercer:"General [badguy]. You killed me and turned me into this monster. I'm gonna kill you"
Prototype2:
Heller:"Mercer. You killed my Wife. And my Daughter. And you turned me into this monster. I'm gonna kill you."
Prototype3:
Jacobs:"Heller. You burned down my House. And my Car. And you turned me into this monster. I'm gonna kill you."
Prototype4:
Bollocks:"Jacobs. You killed my Dog. And my Hamster. And you turned me into this monster. I'm gonna kill you."

You get the point, yes? XD

This trailer completely fails t grasp my attention.

The problem with this is I'll be rooting for Mercer even though I'm supposed to be hunting him down.....

Anyway, that final helicopter attack was SICK

So...he has all of Mercer's powers, and the ability to turn someone into a virus-grenade? I'm...not impressed with the new guy so far. He just looks like another Mercer. Which means Mercer will own his ass. Or, you know, just freaking eat him.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here