Trailers: Catherine: Katherine or Catherine? Trailer

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Catherine: Katherine or Catherine? Trailer

Would you choose Katherine or Catherine?

Watch Video

and not an clip of gameplay was shown.. Way to be Atlus. I know so many people that hyped for this game, and they're all for the wrong reason.

Skopintsev:
and not an clip of gameplay was shown.. Way to be Atlus. I know so many people that hyped for this game, and they're all for the wrong reason.

Really? The only people I know who are hyped are people who (like me) went on Youtube and watched gameplay footage and the Japanese trailers (with subs) months ago.
OP: It is going to be a lot of fun. I suspect a lot of replay value. Both from the story and the puzzle sections on different difficulties.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

And not a single breath. That guy has some serious lungs in him.

Oh, I thought the game was having transalation issues.

dududf:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

And now I know what it's like to be ninja'd.

On the trailer itself, I want this game even more now. I was thinking that the English dubs wouldn't be as good as the Japanese, but Atlus seems to have hired some quality voice talent.

I'd probably still prefer the Japanese, but I'm a weeabo like that. Maybe it'll be an option?

Do you even have a baby in that ice cave?

Meow meow meow meow I want meow mix meow meow meow meow.

And by "meow mix" I mean semen.

What I'm getting at is that the line was super catty, and Catherine seems to be a bit of a whore.

Seriously though, how does this guy ditch the hotter, sane one, for the less attractive and obviously clownshit one? Is this supposed to be General Hospital with block puzzles?

... And... It's a puzzle game apparently. XD

In any event, that was really, really messed up.

This looks awesome as hell. Even if it somehow isn't fun, the story looks enjoyable enough.

P.S. Thanks

I'm still not sure about this game, but Atlus hasn't disappointed me this far.

Professor Lupin Madblood:

dududf:

On the trailer itself, I want this game even more now. I was thinking that the English dubs wouldn't be as good as the Japanese, but Atlus seems to have hired some quality voice talent.

I'd probably still prefer the Japanese, but I'm a weeabo like that. Maybe it'll be an option?

Nope. I can't find the article (it was on Japanator), but they said no subs. They are actually syncing up the lip movements of the animations just for the dub. And this is the Persona team. They have a history of no subs. Also, you will recognize a few actors if you have played Persona 3 and 4. Catherine is Rise. Katherine is Yukari. Vincent is Kanji.

I seriously can't wait until it comes out, Atlus never dissappoints. The VA's are actually pretty fitting for their characters I find, I can't wait to see the other characters.
WAIT IS VINCENT REALLY KANJI? ... Hah. This is hilarious in hindsight.

RedEyesBlackGamer:

Professor Lupin Madblood:

dududf:

Nope. I can't find the article (it was on Japanator), but they said no subs. They are actually syncing up the lip movements of the animations just for the dub. And this is the Persona team. They have a history of no subs. Also, you will recognize a few actors if you have played Persona 3 and 4. Catherine is Rise. Katherine is Yukari. Vincent is Kanji.

Thank you for the information, good sir.

Of course, now all I'll be hearing every time Katherine speaks is Yukari telling me "I won't lose!"

[quote="dududf" post="6.296166.11700302" And not a single breath. That guy has some serious lungs in him.[/quote]

We'll girls must like him for his singing talent.

OT: This looks more and more like a bad anime/hentai that simply can only be played on the 360/ps3

I, I don't know what to say. This is a puzzle game, and from what I've seen of the game-play not really up my alley normally. Not because it's a puzzle game mind you, but because a lot of people have been saying it's the soul crushingly hard variety of puzzle game, and those don't appeal to me as much as say, things like Portal or Professor Layton that you can relax to.

All of that being said, the story in this looks balls to the wall nut-farm insane with a dash of crazy sauce and a cherry on top. This appeals to me greatly.

So conflicted...

......wuh?

Ok, I know I'm not entirely familiar with this series, but that trailer explained almost nothing about the game, and what little I got seemed hard and scary. I means seriously, having to try and deal with the relationship of two girls, one of which is pregnant, the other a nymphomaniac? Look, I like a challenge as much as the next guy, but that is on the level of trying to stop the tides from coming in with a spoon!

I'm torn as to whether to get this game myself, truthfully I have some concerns due to the simple fact that when it was originally teased there was a huge demand to bring it to the US, and then it's finally revealed that it's a block puzzle game.

I'd much rather see a new SMT game myself, and I hope if this fails it doesn't hurt Atlus' desire to bring more games over to the US.

I am the only one who inextricably links that music to hyperspace jumps? Probably.

There seems to be an abundance of Katherines here.

I still can't focus on anything besides his shirt. RA<3E.

Well, I'm EVEN MORE psyched for this now.
If it comes out in the UK, anyone know if it is? I would think it is, and if not I suppose I can import.

I have never seen so many text-screams in on thread...wow. And so stoked to get into this game. Story, gameplay, Atlus...freaking yes, man.

And, just because I want one more:

dududf:

J-meMalone:
If it comes out in the UK, anyone know if it is?

We'll have to wait for it to be picked up by another publisher, how fast that happens (if it happens at all) will likely depend upon how well the game sells in America.

Do you even have a baby in that ice cave?

How ironic; Catherine is probably a succubus and I read a medieval description that stated sex with a succubus was like "penetrating an icy cavern". If I'm remembering correctly they are also incapable of having children

FredTheUndead:
Seriously though, how does this guy ditch the hotter, sane one, for the less attractive and obviously clownshit one? Is this supposed to be General Hospital with block puzzles?

I'm suspicious this weakens the whole conflict, too, but I might be wrong given what I saw in a preview of the English version (which I can't link to because I forget where it is). Vincent is really uncomfortable with responsibility and Katherine is pregnant and wants to get married. He's also in his 30's and the borderline ghoulishly childish Catherine might make him feel like he doesn't have to worry about aging, I guess.

The Random Paradox:

J-meMalone:
If it comes out in the UK, anyone know if it is?

We'll have to wait for it to be picked up by another publisher, how fast that happens (if it happens at all) will likely depend upon how well the game sells in America.

Oh joy, looks like I'll be importing, impatient little me.

On a side note, love the Psychonaughts avatar. "Hello fellow road crew worker. Welcome to the road crew."

BehattedWanderer:
I have never seen so many text-screams in on thread...wow. And so stoked to get into this game. Story, gameplay, Atlus...freaking yes, man.

dududf:

All of which is me.

(I intentionally left the quote of me in there for more added screams <3)

dududf:

BehattedWanderer:

dududf:

All of which is me.

(I intentionally left the quote of me in there for more added screams <3)

Your breathy capacity leaves me breathless.

Oh great, the two thing I hate most, RomComs and creepy Dating Sims have made their ugly nest in one game.
Oh well, everyone is over 18 this time at least...

Dansrage:
Oh great, the two thing I hate most, RomComs and creepy Dating Sims have made their ugly nest in one game.

The game is largely about the conflict between Katherine and Catherine over Vincent, but I don't think that makes it a dating sim. Who Vincent ends up with in the end probably relies on the position of his morality meter, but that's adjusted mostly by questions posed to Vincent at the end of the puzzle sequences.

I don't know how you're seeing any "Com" in here. This trailer is full of tension, anger, and screaming.

Am I the only one who thinks Vincent looks like a fish when he yells?

Fronzel:

Dansrage:

The game is largely about the conflict between Katherine and Catherine over Vincent, but I don't think that makes it a dating sim. Who Vincent ends up with in the end probably relies on the position of his morality meter, but that's adjusted mostly by questions posed to Vincent at the end of the puzzle sequences.

I don't know how you're seeing any "Com" in here. This trailer is full of tension, anger, and screaming.

Looked more like comedy to me, that quirky, annoying kind of comedy present in Sitcoms.
It might not be a dating sim per se, but it is a relationship simulation. Maybe it's just me, but any elements of simulating romance beyond basic RPG elements comes off as desperate and creepy, such pandering is insulting. Even in games like ME2 where it's secondary and optional it comes off as creepy and out of place.
It doesn't break any barriers for me as some people seem to describe, it's not challenging my concepts of sexuality or anything of the sort, they gear these games towards negative stereotypes to take advantage of gamers.
"People who play videogames don't have sex lives and are desperate, so lets release a game with pre-order panties."
Anybody who buys into it just makes the rest of us look bad.
This is a puzzle game, absolutely nobody is interested in the gameplay, they're just looking forward to unlocking shower scenes and engaging in simulated pillow talk.

Dansrage:
snip

I don't disagree with you but I'm still interested in the game, I guess some of "us" do fit into the stereotype.

Dansrage:
"People who play videogames don't have sex lives and are desperate, so lets release a game with pre-order panties."

You're right, who could resist pre-ordering a game that come with these irresistible articles?

Atlus are marketing geniuses.

Dansrage:
This is a puzzle game, absolutely nobody is interested in the gameplay, they're just looking forward to unlocking shower scenes and engaging in simulated pillow talk.

True, I don't think anyone is interested in the gameplay. They're interested in a story written by the people who did Persona 4, similarly liked more for its story than its gameplay (meh meh JRPG).

And if there are actual tits in this game or anything, they're not letting on. You'd think someone in the marketing department would be trying to use them to sell copies. But the trailers all have a menacing, uncomfortable tone. Compare to Bayonetta or Tomb Raider before that series was driven into the ground or that big-tit ninja game coming out for 3DS.

Really - I had to sit through an advert... to watch a trailer?...

I am disappoint

Wait a sec... Did I just hear "Pictures at an Exihibition" in the trailer? (Hut on Fowl's Legs if memory serves) Can't believe I remember that...

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here