Trailers: Batman: Arkham City: Gameplay

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Batman: Arkham City: Gameplay

12 minutes preview of [i]Batman: Arkham City gameplay.

Watch Video

"Two guns, bitch!"

That was pretty awesome (the trailer, and that line), but I think I'm going to get a bit tired of Catwoman's constant puns.

Fogold:
"Two guns, bitch!"

That was pretty awesome (the trailer, and that line), but I think I'm going to get a bit tired of Catwoman's constant puns.

Yeah, catwoman is really annoying and its ruining my enthusiasm for this game :(

Damn, he didn't take a single hit. He's good at this game.

This is in my already extensive list of promising games.....also someone has to say it so I'll just get it out of the way *ahem*
"I'M BATMAAAAAAN!!"

Glad to see the combat is just as awesome as before.

"Press x to kick arse"

Well, this was awesome. I love this kind of hilariously funny (and completely unrealistic) fighting - Ryhzuo put it the right way. Although they were "cheating" on the combo count once in the video ;)

And Luke Skywalker as the Joker continues to be a genius - that voice acting alone made the first one a great game.

I only have money and time for Skyrim, I only have money and time for Skyrim...dammit.

Catwoman was kind of annoying, IMO, but her fighting style fit perfectly with the rest of her.

So every goon is voiced by John DiMaggio? It's Yakuza all over again.

lobster1077:

I think you'll find it's Steve Blum

Oh man. I know it's a really pedantic critism, but why do all the goons flop to the floor once they're defeated? I don't understand why they can't just hit the ground in a realistic fashion, is that truly too much to ask?

Seems they didn't upgrade the fighting mechanics, not even for catwoman, I R disappoint.

But they also didn't fuck up the working formula, which is rare these days, I guess I'll pick it up once the price drops a little.

Is it strange that I didn't find Cat woman attractive until after she made her first groan-inducing pun? Or should I say moan inducing pun? (no, no I shouldn't.)

Not a huge fan of Catwoman; playing as her seems cool, but I think her continuous puns may get a little annoying...
Still, glad to see they haven't changed too much since Arkham Asylum. I am looking forward to this game!

"Are you a fan?"
"No."

Combat still seems dull, but the exploration seems a bit more free which is good. Catwoman is interesting but some of the dialog is terrible, which basically it has to be at some points else it wouldn't be a game based on comic books.

Of course! I should've guessed they were looking for _____________. It all makes sense now!

Holy fucking trailer batman

Also too many puns..........

Anyone else think BM walks like Darth Vader?

Fogold:
"Two guns, bitch!"

NINJA'd by first comment>>"
Her puns seem so... forced and not fitting.
At the end it seems like bat vision still looks better than regular vision (gameplay wise obviously). Didn't they say they would fix it?

"Two guns, bitch!" was God damn badass. I think only "I'M BATMAN!" can top that.

Geo Da Sponge:

lobster1077:

I think you'll find it's Steve Blum

and that makes me happy.

Seriously, I love Blum Voice.

*sigh*

I would be all over this game...

... if it was about something other than a body-builder in a fursuit

Although, even then, that godawful dialogue would quite possibly be enough to put me off.

ryai458:
Anyone else think BM walks like Darth Vader?

Good thing or bad thing?

And agreed, Catwoman needs to use less puns, because 12 minutes in and I was already tired of it.

Anyone else disappointed that over half of the goons in the courthouse fled when batsy made his appeal?

synobal:
Combat still seems dull, but the exploration seems a bit more free which is good. Catwoman is interesting but some of the dialog is terrible, which basically it has to be at some points else it wouldn't be a game based on comic books.

I don't really get that kind of reasoning. Why should bad writing and dialog be an inseparable part of comic books? Most comics in Europe (Asterix, Tintin, Spirou...) have excellent writing and dialog, the over-the-top macho bullcrap is pretty much exclusive to American superhero comics. Watchmen had great writing too, and the Dark Knight, being based on the same comic as this one, didn't have to be full of groan-inducing puns and one-dimensional characters. I don't see any reason why this game shouldn't have adult storytelling and complex characters. It's pretty frustrating, to say the least, since the gameplay looks like one of the prettiest things I've ever seen.

They have a lot of work to do with the graphics, I think. The faces look worse than Asylum. But it does look rather fun. Just a bigger version of the previous games, it seems...

Game looks incredible.

On a side note, that last take down she did was clearly intended to look sexual.

Vkmies:
They have a lot of work to do with the graphics, I think. The faces look worse than Asylum. But it does look rather fun. Just a bigger version of the previous games, it seems...

Yeah, the faces and for example TwoFace's hand looks really rigid.
I like the new cape animations, although it looks like it's made from a plastic material now, but it looks more like a cape and not...well a strip of fabric.

Real nice gameplay, I don't mind the puns that much, still wondering why Catwoman doesn't lower those goggles in any situation, but whatever. As I was watching I thought "Look that guy is gonna throw a chair on BM, wouldn't it be cool if you could throw it back", a second later that happend, awesome.

Objection! *shoots Batman*

Ah that was awesome, it basically solidified Two Face's coolness, seems a bit of a shame to have to own him after he delivered such epic lines

Now i need to play the Ace Attorney games again goddammit!

Fogold:
"Two guns, bitch!"

I think they are Purrrrrfect ;)

OT: Game looks amazing! Roll on October! xD

By the way, is it just me, or is the combat really funny? :') all the stuff that happens in the fight sequences, it's kind hypnotizing xD

jovack22:
On a side note, that last take down she did was clearly intended to look sexual.

The last take-down, eh?

You mean the last take-down as opposed to, oh, say... every single word she said and every single movement she made?

And bear in mind that we're talking about a shapely young woman in a skin-tight black leather suit, complete with cleavage window and matching whip. So yeah... I know quite literally nothing about Catwoman, but I think I can say with some confidence that the sex appeal thing in kinda central.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. Heh.

Son of a Bitch Steven Blum.

Why does he show up in EVERYTHING?

Puns are fine, but would she really say them while tied up over acid? Bit stupid. Maybe its because she was confident about her situation so it didnt bother her? I dont know. Either way, like Bales growly batman voice, to much of it ruins what could have been good.

Game should be good if its like the original. Liked the art style of the goons, they took that cheezy design and made it looked great. :-)

Being forced to play as Catwoman for 10% of the game is a bit of a letdown. Don't want to play Catwoman in a BATMAN game. In fact, I'm not really interested in playing a Catwoman game either.

Game developers should poll some game design concepts to the public before implemeting them. I would like to see the results of a public poll regarding whether or not players would be intersted in playing Catwoman in a Batman game.

I don't recall any player demand to play as Catwoman in the next Batman game after Arkham Asylum came out.

And once again the Batman is the blandest character in his own game. Such a shame. And he can be so awesome you know, just read The Dark Knight Returns. He can be as mad as the rest of them, instead of a stoic martial arts robot.

Ah well, the rest makes up for it. That combat makes my mouth water once again. Not to mention the city itself, the bad guys, friggin' everything.

By the way, anyone noticed the two weird voice glitches in that trailer? Like they played a bit in reverse?

Fursnake:
Game developers should poll some game design concepts to the public before implemeting them.

So that every game can be based around majority opinion? Considering the most popular games at the moment, I think that's a terrible idea.

Cowabungaa:
And once again the Batman is the blandest character in his own game.

Grant Morrison should have written the game. I guarantee that would be far better than anything Paul Dini could ever put out these days.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here