Trailers: Dragon's Dogma Trailer

Dragon's Dogma Trailer

Dragons have returned to the world and brought all manner of beasties with them.

Watch Video

Noone seems to be interested. If this was getting released on PCs, I'd feel bad for the developers.

I have a hard time judging this game, to be honest. Doesn't look to be quite as awesome as a Witcher 2 or Dragon Age, but it still as some potential. Ah well, at least the developers are smart enough to release it in Q1 2012, instead of trying to compete with games like Skyrim and the console version of the Witcher 2.

Capcom.... Street Fighter and Monster Hunter, everything else eludes them. Really all I'm seeing is an over the shoulder monster hunter, however that is not a bad thing, if they can pull it off.

This is one of those games that I'd really like to like.

However, the gameplay demos I've seen all looked unpolished and rather unimpressive.

What I really want is a Shadow of the Colossus/Monster Hunter hybrid: A game filled with cool bosses, only action instead of puzzle based. I was hoping Dragon's Dogma would be just that, but the trailer leads me to believe it'll be closer to Dragon Age. I suppose time will tell...

After watching the revelant part twice im sure the crimson dragon in the trailer is a shout out to Monster Hunter's Crimson Fatalis.

Anyway i hope this delivers what i can expect from the people who made DMC 3 and 4.

This actually looks pretty interesting to me. The trailer was pretty boring, so I only watched about 2/3 of it, but what I saw was nice.

That game actually looks freaking awesome. It's an open world co-op fantasy adventure, loot fest. I will be getting it. The music after the 2 min mark in that trailer is laughably cheesy and bad though hehe.

SoopaSte123:
What I really want is a Shadow of the Colossus/Monster Hunter hybrid: A game filled with cool bosses, only action instead of puzzle based. I was hoping Dragon's Dogma would be just that, but the trailer leads me to believe it'll be closer to Dragon Age. I suppose time will tell...

Actually that's kind of what is. A few of my gaming mags have had previews on it, and apparently the majority of what you do is hunt down and kill massive monsters.

The combat against regular foes seemed rather... underwhelming, to say the least. They seemed to shrug off sword blows...

..meh

why cant anyone ever make a RPG game where you fight alongside dragons instead of aginist them..

chickenhound:
why cant anyone ever make a RPG game where you fight alongside dragons instead of aginist them..

I wish they would do that as well. Though in the latest trailer for Skyrim they talk about bad dragons and imply (additionally) that there will be good dragons.

chickenhound:
..meh

Play Dungeon Keeper 1. Dragons are one of your most powerful allies. Frankly I always cheer for the monsters.

P.S. More RTS/SIM than RPG.

I'm not usually big on classic fantasy stuff, but my word, this looks great! Quite frankly, from what I've seen so far, this game interests me a lot more than Skyrim.

It looks like it could be REALLY awesome or really NOT awesome, from how little ive seen im leaning towards the latter, tho i hope i get surprised because it does look quite pretty.

Tha trailer falls apart as soon as that really weird, weak-voiced theme song thing started. What was the deal with that? Maybe I'm making a big deal out of nothing, but using the title of your games in the theme song of the trailer with that really weird female singer (she just sounds so out of place in this, like we're watching a Final Fantasy game trailer) seems so out of place and just wrong.

PlasticTree:
I have a hard time judging this game, to be honest. Doesn't look to be quite as awesome as a Witcher 2 or Dragon Age, but it still as some potential. Ah well, at least the developers are smart enough to release it in Q1 2012, instead of trying to compete with games like Skyrim and the console version of the Witcher 2.

I think everyone's still going to be playing Skyrim by "early 2012."

Ot: Have to agree with most of the people here and say the game looks kinda average. Potential to be quite interesting and good, sure, but with several months to go there's a decent chance that it'll chance by then. Hoping that it'll be good, even if I don't own a console myself.
At least different characters are confirmed - didn't show much of the over-voice acting this time, either.

This looks EXACTLY like the Lord of the Rings: War in the North trailers, except from the fact that instead of a giant eagle there's a giant gryphon.

Oh well, might still look it up anyway.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here