Trailers: The Lord of the Rings: War in the North - 'Touchpoints' Trailer

The Lord of the Rings: War in the North - 'Touchpoints' Trailer

Story trailer for The Lord of the Rings: War in the North .

Watch Video

The reason I was excited for this game was because I thought it would take place in places that weren't main parts of the book/movies. Looks like they are just revisiting the same locations, and even some of the same characters in this trailer (I hope these aren't the only locations in the game.)

Oh man, I know its off topic, but this trailer makes me wish The Hobbit were coming out sooner.

when it all trailer music start to sound the same?

Someone talked about this in the front page comments and I kinda agree with them. Why don't they make a full roleplaying game out of this? Though I wouldn't want to see it be like Dragon Age 2 I think the first Dragon Age is a good example of how they could do a Lord of the Rings game. Set it up so that you can create either a human character (maybe from Breeland or Rohan as opposed to just Gondor or something) Elven character, or even a Hobbit and experience a new take on that universe from their racial perspective. Also, it shouldn't take place during the Hobbit or Fellowship/Towers/Return as that's been done to death. Anyone who has read the Silmarillion or Book of Lost Tales knows *a lot* of stuff happened prior and post these events; create a story around that. I think I remember reading that the canceled "White Council" game was supposed to be something along the lines of Dragon Age, but they wanted rather to make a game they could sell to a broader demographic, so we got Conquest, now this. Guess they thought RPGs were still a niche audience.

roguewriter:
-snip-

Well, it is an action-RPG. A more traditional RPG would have been nice, definitely.

Ha ha, orc lost it's head. Anyway, this game is co-op, right? I can never remember, but I think it is. Also, who's narrating that? It doesn't sound like Sir Ian, but someone else whom I recognize and just can't place my finger on.

AlternatePFG:
The reason I was excited for this game was because I thought it would take place in places that weren't main parts of the book/movies. Looks like they are just revisiting the same locations, and even some of the same characters in this trailer (I hope these aren't the only locations in the game.)

I was a bit worried, but basically they're covering the War in the North, which is mentioned in LoTR and happens in the North. IE where the Hobbit takes place. So I guess Bree and Rivendell would still be on route.

I was a bit worried though. Particularly about warning Aragorn, but again that makes sense, because you are going to be a Dunedain ranger probably, and they famously thought the war in the north.

What was more worrying was the Shelob knock-off. But in the end this trailer was created to try and stop people from worrying that they would recognise nothing, so I will give them benefit of the doubt. At least they seem to know their Tolkien

Waaaay too eager to associate itself with the movies.

Interest lost.

You know gyus something really strange bugged me about this trailer, but i can't exactrly put my finger on it.Half way trough i felt like i have already heard that music score, but where...

I think it was in the Starcraft II trailer

To the Person worrying about the " Shelob knock off" You do realize that Shelob isn't the only giant spider in the LOTOR universe. Shelob is one of several descendants of a spider older than Sauron.

Ben Hussong:
To the Person worrying about the " Shelob knock off" You do realize that Shelob isn't the only giant spider in the LOTOR universe. Shelob is one of several descendants of a spider older than Sauron.

Thats right, Shelob was only one of Ungoliant's descendants. The spider that, at some point, nearly killed Melkor.

Not too excited about the game though

Sniper Team 4:
Ha ha, orc lost it's head. Anyway, this game is co-op, right? I can never remember, but I think it is. Also, who's narrating that? It doesn't sound like Sir Ian, but someone else whom I recognize and just can't place my finger on.

Sounds like the Warden, Quincy Sharp, from Arkham Asylum.

Maybe?

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.