Trailers: The Secret World - Savage Coast Preview

The Secret World - Savage Coast Preview

Preview of The Secret World's 'Savage Coast' location.

Watch Video

I'm still not sold on the idea of The Secret World. From what they've released so far, it looks like it will have some very interesting design choices, as well as an "innovative" character creation system, but until I see more details about the classes and locales, I'm not jumping for it.

It also feels like, no matter how good this game will be, that it'll be compared to the KOTOR MMO, and the massive fanbase around Star Wars will decide quite handily which of the two games will be played more.

The trailer was nice though. Better than most of the other trailers released this week.

Team Hollywood:
The Secret World - Savage Coast Preview

Preview of The Secret World's 'Savage Coast' location.

Watch Video

As much as I want to try this game (and looking at Age of Conan, it's likely this will be free-to-play at some point), this video makes me wonder, pretty hard:

When are we going to find a way to get past the, "World-ending monsters loitering in a parking lot, waiting for you to come kill 10 of them" model of world-building?

So.. They stole the trailer from Alan Wake? I mean it's got the same voice over its set in te same village and it even got the same bloody lighthouse.

Gameplay looks entirely different though.

Chronologist:
I'm still not sold on the idea of The Secret World. From what they've released so far, it looks like it will have some very interesting design choices, as well as an "innovative" character creation system, but until I see more details about the classes and locales, I'm not jumping for it.

It also feels like, no matter how good this game will be, that it'll be compared to the KOTOR MMO, and the massive fanbase around Star Wars will decide quite handily which of the two games will be played more.

Two things: - Classes: This game will have none. Any skill point you earn can be invested in any pool of abilities. You can see part of that here in a three part gameplay demonstration.

- Funcom has always been big on story, Age of Conan would've basically beaten The Old Republic to the story driven MMO punch by at least three years if publisher Eidos (a part of Square-Enix) wasn't so stingy with the budget and pretty much forced the game as an early alpha build. So I hope for their sake that this time they can realise their dream without a skinflint publisher holding them back... EA has deep enough pockets I would imagine.

That said, I am positively excited for this game and can't wait for the game to hit an open beta stage.

That was almost interesting.

But then some monsters turned up and people started shooting them with guns. Any interest promptly disappeared.

That forest was not pitch black.

Hello Raiden...didn't think i'd hear your voice as a narrator.

Only for PC did they drop Xbox?

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.