Trailers: Burnout CRASH! Announcement Trailer

Aww, yes! A new Burnou--

"Uses Kinect."

For the love of all things holy, that best be the optional kind of Kinect use.

Burnout Crash will be followed by the several following titles:

Battlefield Shoot

Need for Speed Vroom

and FIFA Claim-that-the-minor-brush-was-crippling-when-you'll-not-even-have-a-bruise-but-you-want-that-asshole-yellow-carded-by-the-ref.

Well this seems to fix the major problem i had with Burnout Paradise i.e. you weren't allowed to boost off a corkscrew ramp, smash through a billboard, land on a fuel-truck and burst into flames. Cos that's what burnout is all about!

LOL! Kinect, the only reason you "CRASHED"!

So if it lists "Cartoon Violence" on its ESRB rating, does that mean it's not going for realistic graphics?

So I assume, based on the title, that the Burnout series has finally lost all pretence of being a racing game.

This is getting a PC release later, right? C'mon, racing is kinda niche, you need all the cash you can get. ;)

I really hope this series doesn't crash because of this game.

....That was pathetic. I apologize. Man, these are the times I wish HankMan was still around.

sravankb:
I really hope this series doesn't crash because of this game.

....That was pathetic. I apologize. Man, these are the times I wish HankMan was still around.

I know, right? It's not the same without Hankman's puns that sound like John Stewart, due to his avatar...

Well, I haven't bought a Burnout game since Burnout Revenge, so I guess I'll be skipping this. I didn't hear too many great things about Paradise, so I didn't even bother getting it. Great, we've got a lackluster Burnout title and a lack of Hankman...

UNHchabo:
So if it lists "Cartoon Violence" on its ESRB rating, does that mean it's not going for realistic graphics?

Unfortunately that seems to be true.

It's not like the 3rd person Crash Mode of previous Burnout games, it's looks like it will be a overhead view 'cartoonish' game.

I wish they would just re-release all the Crash Junctions from the previous games, they were easily the most fun you could have with a group of friends, one console and one controller.

EDIT: Bloody Ninja'd dagnabbit...

UNHchabo:

Aye, it would appear that is the case:

Apparently it's the reason Crash mode was kept out of Paradise. Hopefully there's more to it than what's shown above, because I don't think throwing micro-machines into each other will have quite the same satisfactory lunacy akin to other Burnout games. Maybe I'm wrong, either way.

I was hoping and praying for this to be a Crash bandicoot games (since we havent had a crash console game since 2008)
I was sad when it wasnt.

So they have finally gotten around to making the game that fans wanted two games ago. It's a shame that you can find some acceptable traffic-magling flash games for free online already.

well that was the worst trailer of my life...

But I still love and play paradise. It's so amazing and pretty and nice.

Okay, I'm completely and utterly unimpressed. Not to mention, the cartoon aesthetic and overhead perspective ruins every last thing I enjoyed about the franchise. Seriously well played, Criterion. Now you look like complete sellouts.

uh...uuuuggggh...Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggh.

Ya know, last generation I loved the Burnout series. Why can't it just go back to that? I'm going to go slam my head into a wall then strap some explosives to a hot-wheels track.

I now know why they released a trailer without any gameplay footage... it's bloody awful.

This isn't the Crash Mode from Burnout that fans of the series remember, they're just using the name to cash in with a Facebook type game.

Apparently Criterion purposefully left the Crash Junctions out of Burnout: Paradise because they were saving it for this, which sounds like just about the worst piece of PR bullshit I've every heard about a game.

I'm sure I wasn't the only fan who got excited when they heard the news that EA/Criterion had registered the Burnout: Crash name, and judging by the ratio of 'Likes' to 'Dislikes' (79:1460) on that Youtube video, I'm sure I'm not the only fan who's had those hopes dashed by this gameplay footage.

Burnout already died for me when Revenge came out, because Revenge was a fucking travesty. I didn't bother even looking at Paradise until it was available for free recently on the PSN. Paradise was ok actually, but I've already completed almost everything and the online gets old fast when you're playing with randoms who either can't be arsed with challenges, are completely incompotent at challenges, or keep leaving all the time, causing the challenges to be cancelled halfway through.

This though, this... monstrosity, is just the end for Burnout now. Nobody is going to buy this.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here