Trailers: Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Cities

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Cities

Developers provide details on how the cities of Detroit, Montreal and Hengsha will appear in Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Watch Video

Wow, Detroit looks better in the game than it does in real life.

Fursnake:
Wow, Detroit looks better in the game than it does in real life.

But that's not really so hard now is it?

ZINNNG!

Please, please, please be good.

That looks insane. You can clearly see the love these guys poured into their game - can't wait to play it!

This looks SO yummy... I really want to play it now. :P

I've been to Montreal......come to Halifax instead.

i want this game so bad. i love the first one and have been replaying it a few times since i heard it was coming out. if this game sucks it will be crushing, luckaly it seems to be good

That was a bit deceptive; I was hoping they'd talk about what inspiration they drew from each city rather than just how they re-imagined them.
And seriously guys, could we please stop the Detroit bashing?

Solid "A" for design. Jonathan Jacques-BelletĂȘte should be proud.

Soooo... Can I have the game now? The whole freezing myself in carbonite thing is looking pretty tasty

Speaking as a Canadian who feels that our country is snubbed by game creators all the time, seeing Montreal as an in-game locale makes me REALLY happy. :D

Kimarous:
Speaking as a Canadian who feels that our country is snubbed by game creators all the time, seeing Montreal as an in-game locale makes me REALLY happy. :D

Something tells me you are not from the western provinces. :)

Could we put a bit more yellow in there?

I mean it all looks nice and immersive as fuck but really, color pallets, use 'em.

Cleril:
Could we put a bit more yellow in there?

I mean it all looks nice and immersive as fuck but really, color pallets, use 'em.

I really like the black/yellow contrast thing they've got going. It feels fresh. Somehow.

And I'm looking forward to this. I need RPGs to play until Skyrim comes out and takes up the rest of my life.

They took Blade Runner and essentially turned it into a prequel for an awesome series. This may yet be a perfect marriage. At least stylistically.

Anyone else preordering this *just* for the soundtrack?

It's so pretty i might buy the game and just.... watch.

Don Reba:

Kimarous:

I live in BC. Why do you say that?

Kimarous:

It's also cool that the main developing team/studio is Eidos Montreal.

And their offices must be pretty close to where I usually walk 'cause I've seen some of their employees out on the street on several occasions.

Kimarous:

Don Reba:

Because there is Bioware in Edmonton and EA Canada in Vancouver. Also because Quebec attracts game developers with massive tax credits while itself receiving equlization payments. In general, though, Canada has world's third largest game industry. How can you feel it being snubbed?

Don Reba:

Kimarous:

Don Reba:

Because there is Bioware in Edmonton and EA Canada in Vancouver. Also because Quebec attracts game developers with massive tax credits while itself receiving equlization payments. In general, though, Canada has world's second largest game industry. How can you feel it being snubbed?

I meant that Canada seems to be largely ignored as an in-game entity. The only two games where I can recall Canada/Canadians ever being acknowledged are Call of Duty 3 and Champions Online.

Kimarous:
I meant that Canada seems to be largely ignored as an in-game entity. The only two games where I can recall Canada/Canadians ever being acknowledged are Call of Duty 3 and Champions Online.

Oh, I see. Sorry for misunderstanding. I thought Assassin Creed's Jade Raymond was pretty clearly labelled as Canadian. :)

Blade Runner / Ghost in the shell all up in this bitch. Here, Edios, take my money!

I want this to be good more than I've ever wanted a game to be good before. I hope they know what they're doing with the third-person bits, the cover system, and the yellow.

I must say, I didn't expect to see midgar.

At first I read Mary DeMarie as Mary DeVeere, and was like O.O "Kathleen has a sister in game development?!!
I thought she looked and sounded kind of similar to Kathleen too. :P
Can't wait til the 23rd of August. :)

Frenger:
Blade Runner / Ghost in the shell all up in this bitch. Here, Edios, take my money!

Yeah, I'm getting a strong Blade Runner vibe and that is certainly not a bad thing.

I've got very high hopes for this one.

I highly recommend preordering from g2play. 50% discount.
Can't wait for the game.

The Blade Runner vibe is actually not all that original. Syd Mead - the man who designed Blade Runner's apperance - is one of the forefathers of modern concept art and an inspiration for a great many people in that field. Still, Deus Ex looks splendid.

Babitz:
Can't wait for the game.

I don't mind paying for a good game. And if it turns out poorly, I won't buy it at all.

Detroit. No matter what decade you put it in it still looks like crap.

I've seen the leak. Its yellow space station wherever you go.

I hope they included areas outside of the metropolis, like a farm or small russian cottage village. Hell, I wish there was a waterpark level. Just something to break the repeat of office, factory, laboratory, apartment rumba. Deus Ex had plenty of those.

Don Reba:
The Blade Runner vibe is actually not all that original. Syd Mead - the man who designed Blade Runner's apperance - is one of the forefathers of modern concept art and an inspiration for a great many people in that field. Still, Deus Ex looks splendid.

Babitz:
Can't wait for the game.

I don't mind paying for a good game. And if it turns out poorly, I won't buy it at all.

Well, I meant it for people who want to preorder it. Since everyone was amazed with the preview and the leaked version, I'd say it's a pretty safe bet. When everyone loves a game on /v/, that says something, damn it.

0_o Montreal is in the game? My home city is a location to visit?!

.......Oh hell yeah.

Frenger:

Shit... thats all I need to hear. Wheres the cheque book?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.