Trailers: Darksiders 2 - Extended Announcement Trailer

Darksiders 2 - Extended Announcement Trailer

Death comes to save the world in Darksiders 2!

Watch Video

somehow i find it ironic that DEATH of all people are here to save the world.

Quassimodo:

Ah come on don't be so bias, life can be cruel to.

I really loved Darksidesr, It was my first Platinum Trophy! I hope this one is just as good! Death looks pretty cool.

Darksides was a gem in my personal experience.
Sure, it ....borrowed a lot of game elements from other series, but they were really well executed.
Plus, I'm a sucker for post apocalyptic settings and biblical stories.

So, am I to assume that Darksiders 2 plays during the same period as part 1?
Or, at least, in between the years that War was 'gone'.

Considering:

Quassimodo:

Well, Famine would just go around and make people really hungry...
And Pestilence just gives you super aids...

One would make a really good casual game, the other would make a really good, if not friggen screwed up H-game...

Neither has scythes, so Death won.

War's design in the first game was almost comical. Death, however, is much more apropos. Sort of a (Skeletor - cheesiness + asskicking) formula.

Quassimodo:

Well, with no more mortals to harvest, he'd be out of a job. Guy's just lookin' to keep himself employed- and in this economy, who can blame him?

Death looks like Raziel from Soul Reaver.

Serfix:
Death looks like Raziel from Soul Reaver.

More like the disturbing lovechild of Raziel and that bloke from Splatterhouse.

Visual design still rocks, and apparently so do combat and voice-acting. Count me in for a day one purchase.

Ranorak:
Sure, it ....borrowed a lot of game elements from other series, but they were really well executed.

Considering:

I thought I read somewhere(I think it was Game Informer) that It took place during the first game, though your right that the ending of the first game contradicts that.

Firstly I prefer Terry Pratchett's Death. I would rather play him in a game.

Secondly, will the sequals have Pestilence/Famine (with the Pratchett theme, Kaos)? Cos thoes will be pretty boring to play. It will be like playing a DoT class in an action adventure gamey thing. Then again, killing enemies very very slowly might be entertaining for the sadistic types.

Thirdly, I wish my laptop would run the first one, so I can have a valid opinnion on the sequal.

looks fun...really like the music and Death's voice.

i have heard there will be some kind of talent tree in DS2, focusing on heavy hitting (warrior), fast attacks (rogues), and wrath spells (mage) which sounds nice.

also seeing Death claw-slide across walls looks fun.

I am quite looking forwards to this game. I like the gameplay, maybe because it's "borrowed" from some of my favourite games, but any way.

While Darksiders had its issues (lots of good potential, but seemed to me anyways that it sort of drained away as the game went on), this looks to be a little more promising. While there are still some visual design elements I could do without, alot of stuff has also improved in my opinion for a better looking, or rather more visually appealing game. Plus from what the gameplay on other videos shows, the combat looks improved, nice and fast allowing for a nice feral feel (hopefully cross-weapon combos, or even just the combos in general, are improved)

Reminds me of casey jones from teen age mutant ninja turtles.

http://images-mediawiki-sites.thefullwiki.org/11/2/2/5/49649152181220551.jpg

game looks good thou.

They don't have Famine and Pestilence, they have Strife and Fury.

Watching that gave me chills. Can't wait.

i think it's time to GET HYPED.

Loved the first one and this one has a way better designed protagonist.

I haven't finished the original yet, but I am really liking it, so I want to see what they do with this.

Can't wait.

sooo, are they going to make a total of four games then? :p
i kinda liked the first one. thought only as a short hack and slash thrill. the puzzels were solvable by a baby and the story was as thin as toilet paper. i don't think it needs a sequal.

Tucker154:

Ranorak:

Considering:

I thought I read somewhere(I think it was Game Informer) that It took place during the first game, though your right that the ending of the first game contradicts that.

There's always the possibility that it takes place during AND after the first game.....right?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here