Trailers: Supreme Ruler Cold War

Supreme Ruler Cold War

Heat up the cold war in this strategy title from Paradox Interactive.

Watch Video

I'm sorry for sound like a douche here but wow! that just looks awful! I cannot see any fun in that, I like strategy games, but this just looks BLEH!

A lot of people wont like this sort of game. Paradox makes their strategy games for megalomaniacs and micro-managers. I love Europa Universali 3 and still play it. If this game is anything like it, it will probably be grand.

To think in a game that has "SUPREME" "WAR" and "RULER" in the name looks so lame is just not rad.

I've played Supreme Ruler 2020, and if this is anything like the last one, it's...a big time mixed bag. Either you love doing everything in your country or you love doing nothing. There's no real middle ground, you can let the computer play the entire game for you, or you can control every single unit among the thousands in your military. Control your complete economy, and every single aspect of your research.

Or you do nothing.

Supreme Ruler as a series is a 'meh' game. If you like Tactical strategy on a global scale, you might like it. But I keep coming back to 2020 thinking 'maybe this time it'll be better...like Victoria or Hearts of Iron' but it never really is.

I have the impression that ability to bring nuclear holocaust will be somewhat boring

Oh, my... Numbers... Flags... HEXES... Everything I've ever wanted in a strategy game!

...No, I'm not being sarcastic. I genuinely weep that my computer is so old that it surely won't run this.

James B Hamster:
Oh, my... Numbers... Flags... HEXES... Everything I've ever wanted in a strategy game!

...No, I'm not being sarcastic. I genuinely weep that my computer is so old that it surely won't run this.

No worries. Even my toaster could run this game just fine.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here