Trailers: SSX: Roots

SSX: Roots

SSX returns to its roots.

Watch Video

No game footage? Weird trailer.

Please-don't-mess-it-up-please-don't-mess-it-up-please-don't-mess-it-up-please-don't-mess-it-up-please-don't-mess-it-up-please-don't-mess-it-up-please-don't-mess-it-up-please-don't-mess-it-up.
Seriously, the series hit a peak at SSX 3, and it couldn't climb any farther because it wasn't sticking to what it can be. SSX on Tour is an example, it kind of left that style that SSX, SSX Tricky, and 3 all had. So I am crossing my fingers like crazy for this to come out like the first 3 did.

Vanbael:
Please-don't-mess-it-up-please-don't-mess-it-up-please-don't-mess-it-up-please-don't-mess-it-up-please-don't-mess-it-up-please-don't-mess-it-up-please-don't-mess-it-up-please-don't-mess-it-up.
Seriously, the series hit a peak at SSX 3, and it couldn't climb any farther because it wasn't sticking to what it can be. SSX on Tour is an example, it kind of left that style that SSX, SSX Tricky, and 3 all had. So I am crossing my fingers like crazy for this to come out like the first 3 did.

I agree with this so hard, it hurts.

I absolutely loved the SSX games, SSX3 was my absolute favorite (I'm actually replaying it now). SSX: On Tour, while not as good as the previous ones, still had some elements that were pretty nifty. I really have no idea what they plan on doing with the new SSX, but I pray that it's going to be just as awesome as it's roots.

SSX3 HD Remake? Please?

... weren't they working on deadly descents or something? what happened to that?

I was hoping for a mixture of the SSX gameplay formula, and the slavery series "Roots". I believe it would be much more powerful of a gaming experience than this douche baggish sk8r boy garbage.

Yea what in the fuck is with the whole "Lose powers go back to x" BS lately?

PS: EA don't fuck it up. Every snowboarding game since SSX3 has sucked ass, it would be nice to own a snowboarding game that wasn't wank.

Floppertje:
... weren't they working on deadly descents or something? what happened to that?

SSX: Deadly Decent was their previous working title. They've since moved to a library aggravating but not reboot title of SSX.

so it's the same game? alright, DD looked good to me.

It's a good sign when a trailer for a franchise I love makes care so little about it's new game.

That being said it can't be worse than On Tour, so I'm remaining optimistic.

Hey, what happened to EA Sports BIG?

sxx tricky was the best for me. the first (for me) always are

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or