Trailers: Gears of War 3 - Crescendo Trailer

Gears of War 3 - Crescendo Trailer

The team behind the Gears of War series provide insight on the world and characters in the final entry in the trilogy.

Watch Video

Hmm, this trailer has me quite psyched for this game for some reason. Notice they kept quiet with regards to Gears 3's Carmine brother in this trailer. Guess I'll just need to get the game to find out what happens to him. Given that they're letting the Gears fans decide his fate (and that at the check Cliff also wanted him to go) I'm not holding out much hope.

Being the last game in the series, it would be "nice" to see an unpredictable death of a lead character this time around.

Also, liking the four retro lancers being strapped together to make a turret, as well as the Locust airships. :)

I'm a big fan of gears and am really looking forward to the stories and characters conclusions and everything. The trailer was very cool and interesting but with all that said I have one small thing to say about it. They talk about how everything is going more low tech and the very next scene they talk about how you can run around inside of mechs. It just seemed a bit funny to me. I hope Carmine doesn't die. I wish the game hadn't been pushed back..

Epic studios seems to be living up to its name. This looks epic and I cannot wait until launch.

I would like a not happy ending to the game, COG is no longer existent, so what is left for them?

artanis_neravar:
I would like a not happy ending to the game, COG is no longer existent, so what is left for them?

Absolutely nothing. Most of the civilization was wiped out before the first game even started, the second game ended with Jacinto destroyed and the COG going nomad. Then in the book Anvil Gate, the Lambent hit the surface and start destroying both the Locust remnants and the few COGs left.

And Prescott buggered off somewhere too, the bastard.

Soviet Heavy:

artanis_neravar:

Absolutely nothing. Most of the civilization was wiped out before the first game even started, the second game ended with Jacinto destroyed and the COG going nomad. Then in the book Anvil Gate, the Lambent hit the surface and start destroying both the Locust remnants and the few COGs left.

And Prescott buggered off somewhere too, the bastard.

And there's still one more book to go that details the fall of the Coalition. And that's exactly my point, the whole underlying theme of GOW seems to be fighting against overwhelming odds and losing at every turn, so to have the third game end with all of them alive deciding to rebuild society would just be a let down for me.

As everyone already pointed out, love the whole 'We have low tech--LOOK! A mech suit that you've never seen before!' Where was this when they were fighting against just the Locust? It would have made a huge difference.
Also enjoyed the fact that they were talking about watching these characters grow and following them from the beginning and all that. Okay, that's great. Where the hell was Sam during all this? And Jace (That's his name, right?) It's going to be a little harder to get attached to those two. I know they're mentioned in the other media, but let's be honest: Only a small percentage of Gears players have read that stuff--myself included.
Final thought: Baird. Is. AWESOME! Cannot wait for this game

MarsProbe:
Hmm, this trailer has me quite psyched for this game for some reason. Notice they kept quiet with regards to Gears 3's Carmine brother in this trailer. Guess I'll just need to get the game to find out what happens to him. Given that they're letting the Gears fans decide his fate (and that at the check Cliff also wanted him to go) I'm not holding out much hope.

I'm betting he will live because so many Gears fans I've talked to want him to. He was in the trailer for a split second. Re-watch it--he's the helmet Gear with big muscle arms that's with Marcus and Dom. You only see his back, but he's there.

Wow, so Dom's going to be even more insufferable this time around? Great.

Well look at that, Claudia Black is putting on an Aussie accent this time. It may be the end of the world but at least we have an Aussie there, although Sam is actually Kaskurian. It's amazing that Claudia Black can do English and Aussie accents so well.

Gotta love Baird.

'So, where are we?'

'in the s***, up to here.'

I haven't really been following this game but seeing this trailer made me want it. I loved Gears 1 & 2 and it genuinely looks like the third installment will be the best by far; particularly with the longer campaign, that was really good to hear. I hope that they do actually conclude the story in this game though. I guess that Microsoft will want to cling on to the IP but if Epic gives it a definitive ending then there's not much they can do outside of prequels/ spin-offs.

Sniper Team 4:

I'm betting he will live because so many Gears fans I've talked to want him to. He was in the trailer for a split second. Re-watch it--he's the helmet Gear with big muscle arms that's with Marcus and Dom. You only see his back, but he's there.

Oh yeh, I guess what I meant to say was he wasn't mentioned in the trailer. I do hope he lives, I was one of the ones that voted for his survival, after all.

Trying to think about they'll justify the mech suddenly appearing. Maybe something about how it was developed for use in the Pendulum Wars but proved too unreliable to use. But hey, it's more or less all we've got now, so we're going to have to use it. Something like that, I think.

Anyway, no matter, I don't play the Gears games for such deep rooted consistencies in the history after all :)

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here