Trailers: Warhammer 40k: Space Marine - "I Am War" Cinematic Trailer

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Warhammer 40k: Space Marine - "I Am War" Cinematic Trailer

Captain Titus and his Ultramarines must retake a forge world from Orks and Forces of Chaos. For the Emperor!

Watch Video

Amazing looking trailer.
Ok, the plot doesn't come across like something from Gaunt's Ghosts or the Uriel Ventris series, but it still seems pretty interesting.

Slightly sadened by the lack of playable techmarines (ave mechina!) but the campaign, and the so far revealed multiplayer makes this game look great. Stomping around as a 7ft2 tall armour clad warrior looks exactly as I imagined it would when I first started reading 40k books and painting the models way back 11 years ago. I am very happy.
Can't wait for September the...whenever. 10th?

Dear god I hope this sells well...

Good sales = Sequel + Bigger budget.

I want Eldar as a playable race!

I came. And already preordered!

I was expecting a beautiful PlasticWax trailer but sadly I got more info on the story. Not that it's a bad thing!

I should also note that there's a Blood Raven at 0:24

I don't like being the resident whiner but.... don't those graphics look a bit dated? I'll still give it a shot if the game's good, regardless of the graphics but one expects more in that regard a for such (relatively) high profile game

Can't wait for this, been wanting a decent 40k shooter since Fire Warrior!

6th of September cannot come nearly fast enough!

I...I...I think I need to change my shorts...

GamesB2:

YES.

Eldar are the best. Everyone knows that.

This looks surprisingly good though, although it could still suck. Must see gameplay!

TheRightToArmBears:
YES.

Eldar are the best. Everyone knows that.

This looks surprisingly good though, although it could still suck. Must see gameplay!

Yes, yes they are.

Also:

That looks just so lovely. And oh look, me birthday is September 10th... I know what I'm asking for.

I know there isn't much to go on with the short trailer, but it does seem that they did a fine job with the Space Marines and their voices, making them sound like they're from a golden age roman epic.

Captcha: Easy as cake.
Silly captcha, it's easy as pie

Meh. I haven't really bothered to check out info on this game, but the trailer just makes it look like a generic action movie. Also, not that I'm a graphics whore or anything, but some parts of the video would have made me think that this game uses Dawn of War 1's graphics engine if I had only seen a screenshot of them.

friedo.obrain:
I don't like being the resident whiner but.... don't those graphics look a bit dated? I'll still give it a shot if the game's good, regardless of the graphics but one expects more in that regard a for such (relatively) high profile game

I'm willing to cut Relic some slack. They aren't exactly known for their 3rd person shooter development.

Gasaraki:
Meh. I haven't really bothered to check out info on this game, but the trailer just makes it look like a generic action movie.

A lot of game trailers have that problem. Starcraft 2 comes to mind.

Gasaraki:
Also, not that I'm a graphics whore or anything, but some parts of the video would have made me think that this game uses Dawn of War 1's graphics engine if I had only seen a screenshot of them.

Dawn of War 1? Are you sure about that?

I don't think it's going to be the "BEST GAME EVARR," but as long as it's fun to play and does the Warhammer 40k universe justice, I'll be happy.

So, how long do people reckon before the expansion with playable chaos forces come out?

Neverhoodian:

Gasaraki:
Also, not that I'm a graphics whore or anything, but some parts of the video would have made me think that this game uses Dawn of War 1's graphics engine if I had only seen a screenshot of them.

Dawn of War 1? Are you sure about that?

Yeah, upon re-examining the video I realize it might not have been the greatest representation of the game's graphics, considering it's fairly low-res.

Vault Citizen:
So, how long do people reckon before the expansion with playable chaos forces come out?

its called the multiplayer and its already there

its weird how well that trailer seems to sync up to the song in this video

like not really fit the subject matter but... I dont know, it just seems to work in a really weird way

Vault Citizen:

Never. THQ are now going to fan-jerk Spess Muhreens for eternity.

Also, trailer is terrible. I reckon a 65 on Metacritic.

It would be SO much better if they had used almost any Chapter besides the Ultramarines. Those guys might have had their days with the Battle for Macragge and being the Chapter with the Primarch who wrote the Codex Astartes, but I find them to be so very, very bland.

THQ/Relic, if you ever read this, for the love of the Emperor, pick something like the Dark Angels, Blood Angels or Space Wolves if you do a game similar to Space Marine in the future. Give the characters something more than limited character development with which to work, by using a Chapter with a flaw.

Nouw:
I was expecting a beautiful PlasticWax trailer but sadly I got more info on the story. Not that it's a bad thing!

I should also note that there's a Blood Raven at 0:24

Aww fuck me... there is too.

I hate the Blood Ravens!! Such a cop-out Chapter!

Fortesque:
Aww fuck me... there is too.

I hate the Blood Ravens!! Such a cop-out Chapter!

Well depending on the time this game is set, they could still be viewed as heretics. You know what this means! *Revs up chainsaw.

CounterAttack:
It would be SO much better if they had used almost any Chapter besides the Ultramarines. Those guys might have had their days with the Battle for Macragge and being the Chapter with the Primarch who wrote the Codex Astartes, but I find them to be so very, very bland.

THQ/Relic, if you ever read this, for the love of the Emperor, pick something like the Dark Angels, Blood Angels or Space Wolves if you do a game similar to Space Marine in the future. Give the characters something more than limited character development with which to work, by using a Chapter with a flaw.

I think the reason for choosing the Smurfs was because it was the most well-known Chapter, therefore most familiar Chapter for new-comers. I just hope they include my favourite chapter, the Blood Angels, in the next game or at least in a Space Hulk DLC which must happen in the Emperor's name.

CounterAttack:

I think the reason for choosing the Smurfs was because it was the most well-known Chapter, therefore most familiar Chapter for new-comers. I just hope they include my favourite chapter, the Blood Angels, in the next game or at least in a Space Hulk DLC which must happen in the Emperor's name.

I love my Ultramarines. I was pissed that you didnt get to play as them in Dawn of War. They are the pure fist of the Emperor. Untouched by corruption, near pure Gene-Seed.

Plus Marneus Calgar would destroy anyone! They have the best characters. So many games have been won thanks to Calgar, Cassius and Telion. Not to mention that Sicarus is a beautiful model.

Fronzel:

Gasaraki:
Meh. I haven't really bothered to check out info on this game, but the trailer just makes it look like a generic action movie.

A lot of game trailers have that problem. Starcraft 2 comes to mind.

Well I believe that's because both are generic space operas, and space operas usually have cheesy trailers more suited for a generic action movie.They are not made to interest you, but more to catch your aye.It's a standart in this day and age cause cheese and cliches are easily undarstandable by the audiance,but hey I don't mind it as long as the game is good.

Oh and PS: BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!

Long Live the God-Emperor! I cannot WAIT! It looks amazing.

When do I get to be a Necron Lord? Seriously, he's made out of metal that HEALS ITSELF. HEALING METAL.
Also, why Ultramarines? Everyone knows the only chapter Gangsta enough to get shit done are the Salamanders. It's like an entire chapter made out of a fusion of Sam Motherfucking Jackson (I make no apologies for the explicit language there, THAT IS HIS REAL NAME) And Michael Clarke Duncan.

Warhammer gives me a huge raging boner. This is a title I will purchase on release. The CGI and game engine appear to be of higher quality than the Ultramarines movie and I find that odd. Marines are obvious game protagonists-- but really, compared to the Guard, theres very few astartes. I think a future-hell wargame, with the smear-the-horror-in-your-face of homefront meets the Dark Gods of Chaos would be a lot of fun.

Gah! Stop doing this to me, THQ - the waiting's already hard enough!

GamesB2:

Oh hells yeah. However their goal would likely just involve doing some random ass thing because a 'prophecy says so', and while this isn't such a bad thing in itself and would obviously suit with the Eldar (them scheming bastards...) it'd be a bit annoying to see it yet again.

Anyway this trailer didn't really do anything for me, but I'm still looking forward to Space Marine regardless.
Maybe I'll preorder...

Meh, bored of Space Marines. Give me an actually interesting race to play with, like Eldar.

Syzygy23:
When do I get to be a Necron Lord? Seriously, he's made out of metal that HEALS ITSELF. HEALING METAL.
Also, why Ultramarines? Everyone knows the only chapter Gangsta enough to get shit done are the Salamanders. It's like an entire chapter made out of a fusion of Sam Motherfucking Jackson (I make no apologies for the explicit language there, THAT IS HIS REAL NAME) And Michael Clarke Duncan.

Grey Knights, you lose.

GamesB2:

I'd like that too, the only problem is that fluff-wise, it's hard to pull off as a single protagonist because of the Aspect Warrior caste system. Unless, that is, you're a Guardian (Defender with heavy weapon/shuriken catapult or Storm with pistol/CCW), but they're supposed to be shit. Still, it'd be cool to walk around as a Farseer and calmly out-jediing and out-sithing anything from the Star Wars mythos. Now that I consider it, though, best idea would be being an Autarch, as weapon choice makes all Aspects effectively playable.

Anyway, cool trailer, though I can't seem to take it as seriously as other facets of WH40K media (but that's hardly the point, I know).

or at least in a Space Hulk DLC which must happen in the Emperor's name.

They made a Space Hulk DLC, it's called Kill Team and is on XBLA now. It uses the DoW 2 engine and is a fun little 2 stick shooter where you shoot up Orks and Tyranids as one of four Space Marine Classes (Sternguard Veteran Hurah) and can choose your chapter colours too...

White Scars! For the Khan and the Emperor!

Cautious Optimism rising....

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or