Trailers: Jagged Alliance Online - Trailer

Jagged Alliance Online - Trailer

The classic turn-based strategy title is back with a vengeance.

Watch Video

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I am rather excited about this.

I used to love this series, and by used to I mean I played number two about 20 times.

I don't know about the quality of this, and the "online" part had me wondering if we're throwing the RPG aspects out the window, but it's nice to see something happening with the IP. Yes Ivan, it's been too long.

Also, I'd speculate anyone going up against Shadow, Scope and Ivan is likely to be occupying those graves themselves.

This amuses me to no end as I was just playing my GoG's copy of Jagged Alliance 1 this morning.

I shall watch this for sure!

So they can do this with Jagged Alliance but have to go FPS with XCOM.

sorry double post

Dawson Parr:
So they can do this with Jagged Alliance but have to go FPS with XCOM.

It is because of the type of game. XCom is about players hunting aliens; JA is about players hunting people. Maybe they felt that ol' whacko Jacko was right and screwing with our IP is closer to pushing us over that line making us into killers from playing their murder simulator. I might throw on some NVGs and set my talents to stealthy and night ops and go break in and kill them in their sleep. Plus it is a different people from xcom and they have been trying forever to get another JA out. They had so many damn problems between studios and IP owners. For a good laugh go look up the wiki stuff on it.

give me info on a non online one then I'll care.

tony2077:
give me info on a non online one then I'll care.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/55740/?snr=1_4_4__105_2

There you go :D

OT: Looks like its using the same system as BaI, but im curious how this is going to work online? Perhaps the pause is global with a cool down bar for each player? or something like Frozen synapse taking turns?

Jou:
It is because of the type of game. XCom is about players hunting aliens; JA is about players hunting people.

And we all know that they don't make games about that, no sir. Nobody has the guts to make a game where you do that.

*checks his watch to see if it's not the mid 1980's*

Plus it is a different people from xcom and they have been trying forever to get another JA out. They had so many damn problems between studios and IP owners.

This part is far, far too true. Also, Guts avatar, applause sir. I think between being a fan of jagged alliance and berserk I have learned a thing or two about patience.

Give this to me right now

Frozen Synapse with Ivan, Gus and Grunty? I'm in.

Ghengis John:
I used to love this series, and by used to I mean I played number two about 20 times.

I don't know about the quality of this, and the "online" part had me wondering if we're throwing the RPG aspects out the window, but it's nice to see something happening with the IP. Yes Ivan, it's been too long.

Also, I'd speculate anyone going up against Shadow, Scope and Ivan is likely to be occupying those graves themselves.

I'm still playing JA2 from time to time, it has some strong mods, even a few total-conversion.

As far as JA online goes... I'm not the biggest online fan, I'm more excited about JA - Back in Action, even if it's only a remake.

My opinion that XCOM and JA should go into the Tactical MMO-FPS world in a different way.

JA: build it on top of the Rainbow Six: Vegas
http://www.strategycore.co.uk/forums/Jagged-Alliance-FPS-t8760.html

XCOM: MMO on top of R6V/Crysis
http://www.crydev.net/viewtopic.php?f=125&t=66790

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.