Trailers: Burnout Crash - Gamescom Trailer

Burnout Crash - Gamescom Trailer

How big of a pile-up can you make?

Watch Video

Hurray another burnout cash grab. Seriously though, while I have loved some of the ones I've played, they shouldn't be knocking them out so frequently.

I feel this would be best as a browser game, not a console release (even if it is XBLA/PSN)

Dumbfish1:
Hurray another burnout cash grab. Seriously though, while I have loved some of the ones I've played, they shouldn't be knocking them out so frequently.

You make it seem like they release one every year. They've got 8 titles across ten years. Their bigger titles have had a three year development time, which I think is pretty good when you compare it to Need for Speed, which has put out two games a year for the past three years.

I won't argue that it isn't a cash grab though, it seems a bit cheap. I'd rather an actual racing title to something that seems destined for XBLA/PSN.

Dumbfish1:

What?!
The last Burnout was Paradise (a few years ago) and that didn't even have crash junctions.

I'm glad to see crash junctions return but this looks like it was made for the GBA. I wanted to see the crash junctions from last gen but with more complicated intersections with more cars and more spectacular explosions.

I'm still giving this a shot but I can't help but feel a little worried: finally bringing crash junctions to this gen and it looks like GTA1? Okay, but it better be good.

Dumbfish1:

Err...When was the last one? I thought the last one was Paradise, which came out in 2008.

Regardless, I wish they had kept Crash Mode as an integral part of the series, rather than making this top-down Ecks Blah game. I can't see paying money for this, especially when it's only boasting like six locations (and it ooks like they mean "intersections").

looks retarted.
plus, the crash stuff in previous burnouts was never really great (or am I the only one who thinks that?).

Zachary Amaranth:

Regardless, I wish they had kept Crash Mode as an integral part of the series, rather than making this top-down Ecks Blah game. I can't see paying money for this, especially when it's only boasting like six locations (and it ooks like they mean "intersections").

Yea, this looks like a $10 tops; $5 if it really is only 6 intersections.

stef1987:
the crash stuff in previous burnouts was never really great (or am I the only one who thinks that?).

You might be. Everyone I know loves them. It was what kept me interested in the Burnout series.

Why would pay to get the crash mode with worst graphics and more flashy lights?

Lame.

Ok in an effort not to get a low-content post warning;
The last Burnout game, Paradise City, was pretty good but i really felt it was missing the ridiculously fun games where you boost down a hill, corkscrew off a ramp and smash into a bus. And then explode! But this seems to be taking a bit too many steps backwards. I mean, who erally wants a top-down version of burnout?

stef1987:
looks retarted.
plus, the crash stuff in previous burnouts was never really great (or am I the only one who thinks that?).

You're not.

I always preferred the Road Rage mode myself.

Well at least we got the new carmeggeddon going for use cause this is utter trash... Great way to pull the burnout series backwards. Should have been made for the ipad cause that's the only use i can see for it.

GonzoGamer:

Yeah, my interest in this game has steadily gone downhill the more information has been released. I'm having trouble seeing this as their next project after Paradise. Paradise was flawed, but ambitious. This is flawed and OMG RU SERIOUS?

You might be. Everyone I know loves them. It was what kept me interested in the Burnout series.

Seriously, this was one of my favourite aspects of the series.

Zachary Amaranth:

GonzoGamer:

Yeah, my interest in this game has steadily gone downhill the more information has been released. I'm having trouble seeing this as their next project after Paradise. Paradise was flawed, but ambitious. This is flawed and OMG RU SERIOUS?

Seriously, this was one of my favourite aspects of the series.

Actually, I think that the last thing Criterion did was a Need for Speed title so this isn't the only thing they've been working on since Paradise. That would be an even bigger travesty. I'm trying to remain (very) cautiously optimistic. On one hand, the crash junctions are my favorite part of the Burnout Series, on the other hand, every bit of info I find on this title dampens my anticipation a bit. If it was just the visual/perspective change, I would've been fine with that (I don't think it's a great idea but worth a shot) but the crashes seem...what's the opposite of spectacular?

GonzoGamer:

Actually, I think that the last thing Criterion did was a Need for Speed title so this isn't the only thing they've been working on since Paradise. That would be an even bigger travesty. I'm trying to remain (very) cautiously optimistic. On one hand, the crash junctions are my favorite part of the Burnout Series, on the other hand, every bit of info I find on this title dampens my anticipation a bit. If it was just the visual/perspective change, I would've been fine with that (I don't think it's a great idea but worth a shot) but the crashes seem...what's the opposite of spectacular?

Unspectacular?

>.>

They do look pretty bland.

And yeah, they did NFS. I'm not sure that makes it particularly more tragic, but it does make it more frustrating to see a Burnout title that's nothing but a souped up Wiiware game.

I think the video make have been the most damaging part of this yet. I kept picturing the game as still being more exciting than this. Even with a top-down perspective. The Screnshots weren't exactly great, but they still left more to the imagination.

I do WANT to like this game, it being a Burnout title and all, but it's kind of hard to keep positive.

This is the sequel we've been waiting for?

It doesn't even look fun in an arcade perspective.

Zachary Amaranth:

GonzoGamer:

Unspectacular?

>.>

They do look pretty bland.

And yeah, they did NFS. I'm not sure that makes it particularly more tragic, but it does make it more frustrating to see a Burnout title that's nothing but a souped up Wiiware game.

I think the video make have been the most damaging part of this yet. I kept picturing the game as still being more exciting than this. Even with a top-down perspective. The Screnshots weren't exactly great, but they still left more to the imagination.

I do WANT to like this game, it being a Burnout title and all, but it's kind of hard to keep positive.

Is "Unspectacular" a word? ... It works.
I know what you mean. The last Burnout game I really liked was Burnout Revenge and that was actually a while ago.
Wha Happened?!

stef1987:

the crash stuff in previous burnouts was never really great (or am I the only one who thinks that?).

The only game in the series I've played is Burnout 3; I definitely want to get the later installments in the series though.

My favorite part is Road Rage, but the Crash Junctions were really fun. While Road Rage and the various race modes are fun for getting your adrenaline pumping, there's something almost zen-like about making a "perfect crash" that makes it an excellent game to play at night when I'm trying to calm down before bed.

This game looks less fun though, since it doesn't look like the cars can tumble end-over-end, or use an explosion to hop over one car to hit another. The crashes also look less visceral.

Hahaha, seriously?
What am i supposed to play this on, my Gameboy Color? The PSP Burnout games looked WAY better than this, and they were in 3D.

Hang on, I've already played this. It's called Grand Theft Auto 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here