Trailers: Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One - Gamescom Trailer

Why don't these guys have their own cartoon yet?! :)

Having just joined the fanbase of this series, wanting to play more of their games...I might check this out. Though, with what looks to be mandatory 4p action, I have to say--I do despise that particular trend. Most of my friends have fairly different tastes in gaming, and it's quite hard to get those that are into it all in one area. And so help me, if it's strictly online multiplayer? I'll never look at it twice.

hipster666:

because kids will be their main audiance and you know how unpredictable they can be(how long did Invader Zim last again?)

It's the plumber! GOTY 2011 confirmed. :p

Okay no sorry, that's got to be Saints Row The Third, but second place is still really good Insomniac!

this looks awful, not sure why

RabbidKuriboh:

Perhaps because the same ideas were used in such lovely games as Shrek 2 and The Chronicles of Narnia. Four-player tag-team games typically don't work.

I'm a fan of Ratchet and Clank, but this worries me. It could be good, but it makes me wonder why they didn't make a more traditional sequel.

As a long time fan of the series since the first game , I'm not really looking forward to this one.

the game focuses on cooperative gameplay , which is a problem to me since I'm a lone gamer , and I don't like to play Online multiplayer in games too often.

even if the AI is controlling the rest of the three characters , I still won't gonna dig it too much.

it'll be a hard choice to skip this one since I haven't skipped any of the R&C games before , even the ones on the PSP , so I'm probably gonna consider getting it used instead.

Die hard R&C fan. I also solo play

I am an adult and don't have friends to come over and sit in front of the TV like I did when I was 12.

I am a tad worried - but holding out hope.

hipster666:

Because cartoons based on videogames are usually either (a) amongst the worst cartoons ever made (see Mario, Sonic, Zelda, Darkstalkers) or (b) instantly cancelled (Viva Pinata, Earthworm Jim, Sonic SatAM)

Stilkon:

RabbidKuriboh:

Perhaps because the same ideas were used in such lovely games as Shrek 2 and The Chronicles of Narnia. Four-player tag-team games typically don't work.

What about Left 4 Dead?

I love the Ratchet games but I'm not too excited for this game. I'm a bit of a loner and while multiplayer has worked in the past for the franchise (see Ratchet and Clank UYA), I just don't find All 4 One very appealing. The art style, such a focus on co-op, stuff like that. If it does turn out to be a solid single player experience, I'll fetch it eventually (for sure not full price). I want to support the franchise, but even if it does well I doubt Insomniac will be coming back to Ratchet any time soon (judging by how ACIT tried to bring an end to the main story). Resistance and Overstrike will be taking a lot of their focus.

On that note, I'm still waiting for at least UYA's multiplayer to come as DLC or something. I heard that was really fun (even though UYA's single player could stand on it's own).

Something seems off about it but i cant figure out what.

Nice to see Insomniac doesn't drop its franchises like naughty dog does...
They confirmed they aren't making any new jaks.

Hey it's Deathspank in a Sci-Fi setting.
Can't help but notice that the trailer feels more like a Trailer for a Movie than an game. Think it's the game developers hinting very hard that they want to make an animated feature film of this universe?

This almost makes my list of "Games to Finally Get a PS3 For", along with inFamous 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, God of War 3 (or 4, if that comes around), and Uncharted 3.

I think Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One looks great! I think it will be very entertaining for both kids and adults. It kind of reminds me of "The Tick's" humor. I'm sure there will be families across the nation enjoying this on their big screen tvs and surround sound stereo systems. Looks very entertaining!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here