Trailers: World of Warplanes - Gamescom Trailer

World of Warplanes - Gamescom Trailer

Duel and dogfight your way to victory in World of Warplanes.

Watch Video

Need world of spaceships: levelling up from Sputnik to Juno.

Can't wait for World of Warships.

This also looks awesome but unfortunately I'm a terrible pilot so will probably give it a miss.

So if I pay $30.00 I can get a jet,
It costs gold to fire special extra damage ammo,
They probably have a fuel thing to requiring you to either do better in each round or pay money to refuel your high tier planes,
And tier 1 is probably something like a bi or tri plane like a gloster... or worse.

This is wargamming they will find a way to milk you of coin somehow.

Looks cool. But my opinion was seriously hampered by how pathetic the sound design of that trailer was.

PerfectDeath:
So if I pay $30.00 I can get a jet,
It costs gold to fire special extra damage ammo,
They probably have a fuel thing to requiring you to either do better in each round or pay money to refuel your high tier planes,
And tier 1 is probably something like a bi or tri plane like a gloster... or worse.

This is wargamming they will find a way to milk you of coin somehow.

Gold ammo in World of Tanks merely has higher penetration, allowing you to say "piss off" to all the people who've put more time into the game by penetrating their mighty tanks with your tiny little newb guns. It does not however have higher damage so if you're going up against your own tier you should mostly be alright.

Tier 1 will of course be shite, nothing makes people love a game more than being forced to play the slowest, weakest things in existence right when they have no idea how to play.

I doubt refueling will cost $$$, it'll cost in-game currency the same as how repairs and standard munitions cost in World Of Tanks. They might have "magic" fuel that you can pay for which will make you go faster temporarily though.

Anyway I have no idea how they're going to make something like this work. It can't be anything like WoT's annihilation/capture game mode. How low are we going to be able to fly? How will the game handle hitting the edge of the map? I know in WoT there's just an invisible wall but somehow I doubt an invisible wall will be as forgiving for planes as it is for tanks.

At least they've gone and removed the "World War 2" restriction that they have for WoT, so many complaints about wargaming using guns that came later in history etc etc.

This just in, tierX German fighter will be the Me262 with smallest engines,for balance reasons and the Soviet tierX will be the MiG29,since blueprints were totally started in 1945,so it's for historical reasons.

But seriously though,they need to learn how to balance their game and not take big,steaming shits on the community when they offer feedback.

Aces High anyone?

Well im guessing WoWplanes will be f2p like WoT

Trailer fail....

Like most trailers it is an FMV sequence. It tells my only two things, that the game is about warplanes (which I could tell from the title) and that the company knows how to make an FMV sequence. It tells me nothing much about the game and whether it is worth considering.

When will games makers get this through their heads, that the best way to advertise a games is to show us the actual game. GGGRRRR....

Alexnader:

Gold ammo in World of Tanks merely has higher penetration, allowing you to say "piss off" to all the people who've put more time into the game by penetrating their mighty tanks with your tiny little newb guns. It does not however have higher damage so if you're going up against your own tier you should mostly be alright.

Tier 1 will of course be shite, nothing makes people love a game more than being forced to play the slowest, weakest things in existence right when they have no idea how to play.

I doubt refueling will cost $$$, it'll cost in-game currency the same as how repairs and standard munitions cost in World Of Tanks. They might have "magic" fuel that you can pay for which will make you go faster temporarily though.

Anyway I have no idea how they're going to make something like this work. It can't be anything like WoT's annihilation/capture game mode. How low are we going to be able to fly? How will the game handle hitting the edge of the map? I know in WoT there's just an invisible wall but somehow I doubt an invisible wall will be as forgiving for planes as it is for tanks.

At least they've gone and removed the "World War 2" restriction that they have for WoT, so many complaints about wargaming using guns that came later in history etc etc.

Some weapons did have more damage with gold ammo, usually ACPR just did more penetration, occasionally it did more damage in small amounts; however, SPG gold ammo do more damage and much more splash damage.

I have no problem with WoT's tier system only when it was designed to match low tiers with high tiers as if to tell the low tier players, "You played free long enough, pay now!"
I loved the first 3 tiers, they were so balanced with the odd Tier 3 match-up stacked against you with Tier 5s. T4 rolled around and the game was unplayable pitting my 50mm cannon against 75mm up to 152mm cannon'd super tanks at tier 7...

World of Planes will be nice in that there will not be any bush camping nonsense and AFK players just waiting for the match to wind down before they jumped back on to get the last few kills, etc.

But I am sure that they will weasel in various ways to make some extra coin. I only think this is a bad thing when it unbalances the game.

Cool! They really know how to make good FMVs. I just wish they showed more in-game footage though. I love WoT but, sometimes I grow tired of the rather slow gameplay. I hope this will be medium or fast paced.

Verdilian:
Cool! They really know how to make good FMVs. I just wish they showed more in-game footage though. I love WoT but, sometimes I grow tired of the rather slow gameplay. I hope this will be medium or fast paced.

I'm not sure if a slow flying combat game is possible.

Planes move really fast.

Exocet:
This just in, tierX German fighter will be the Me262 with smallest engines,for balance reasons and the Soviet tierX will be the MiG29,since blueprints were totally started in 1945,so it's for historical reasons.

But seriously though,they need to learn how to balance their game and not take big,steaming shits on the community when they offer feedback.

The Mig 29 is a supersonic fighter, still effective in the modern day. The 262 is no way a match for a Mig 29, maybe a Mig 17, but never a 29.

The T10 American should probably be something like an F-86 Saber and the Russian scaled back to at least a Mig 21.

WouldYouKindly:

Exocet:

The Mig 29 is a supersonic fighter, still effective in the modern day. The 262 is no way a match for a Mig 29, maybe a Mig 17, but never a 29.

The T10 American should probably be something like an F-86 Saber and the Russian scaled back to at least a Mig 21.

Exocet meant to make that unbalanced, because the Russian devs made the Russian line damn good in WoT.

theultimateend:

Verdilian:

Planes move really fast.

I guess you could make the maps really really big... actually I wouldn't mind that.

I'm sure there will be no local server for Oceania/Asia again. I like these games but the pings are just too high.

Oh and I hope they make this one a bit more multi-core friendly.

1) This looks really cool. I wonder what the realism of the flight models will be. Flying a realistic World War 2 era fighter well enough to fight requires either a joystick, or lots of guts (and patience). I hope it's accessible enough that it can gain an audience.
2) Damn those tracers are bright.
3) Everybody in that trailer, but especially the 109 E4 pilots, need to learn to calculate lead and fire in bursts. Those two big 20mm cannons aren't going to do much good once they run out of ammo.

I can't be the only one here who is thinking that Blizzard might have a winnable lawsuit in this; World of Tanks is a different enough name that there's no brand confusion, but "World of Warplanes" sounds really similar to "World of Warcraft." Other than that, a free to play multiplayer dogfighting game sounds pretty cool. I might just break out my old flightstick for this.

I enjoy world of tanks and space sims so this should be fun. I knew i had a joystick for a reason.

Alexnader:

theultimateend:

Verdilian:

Planes move really fast.

I guess you could make the maps really really big... actually I wouldn't mind that.

Ugh, there I go again with messing up implications. And thank you for clarifying what I implied Alexnader. That's the main thing I am worried about, too large maps. Sure, a few would be nice. But, this is world of warplanes, not spy-planes. Wargaming has to balance the map sizes with the number of players present. Though, I can imagine how awesome clan wars would be with a ton of players (around 32 or more) on a fairly large map. Scratch that, I wonder how they'll integrate this to World of Tanks and World of Battleships.

WouldYouKindly:

Exocet:

I take it you haven't played World of Tanks.
Basically,the German tanks we all developed during the war,with the highest tier tank designed in 1942 and built in 1945,while the Russian and American equivalents are all postwar tanks.
Hell,even the T54 they made was Frankensteined with different bits of the tank throughout its lifecycle,so it gets the best armor,a decent,postwar gun and a late 50's engine.

Since this time,the timeline is officially up until the Korean war,teh German will get the shaft in a pretty major way,since they will only have planes which had blueprints drawn up before the end of the war ,while the others will have Korean era planes with technology 10 years ahead,half of which was poached from the Germans anyways.

So anyway I heard WoW was expensive requiring monthly subscription and I dont really like Blizzard. J/K..J/K. It had to be done.

Wait, World of Tanks, World of Warplanes, and World of Battleships. So they divided the MMO Battleground Europe into 3 games and removed Infantry?! Cuz that's what is sounds like XD

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here