Trailers: Saints Row The Third - "Walking Apocalypse" Trailer

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Saints Row The Third - "Walking Apocalypse" Trailer

Participate in the the time-honored sport of lucha libre!

Watch Video

...I'm...I'm...WOW. Hulk Hogan is actually pretty good at voice acting, what a shock!

OutcastBOS:
...I'm...I'm...WOW. Hulk Hogan is actually pretty good at voice acting, what a shock!

That was Hulk Hogan?

That guy looks like my favorite Saints Row villain ever, dead serious. And fighting Luchadors seems just about the right level of insanity for this game. Now I definitely know what I'm getting that week.

Looks awesome. Really awesome. Crazy, and awesome.
Can't wait till the game comes out!

CJ1145:

OutcastBOS:

That was Hulk Hogan?

That guy looks like my favorite Saints Row villain ever, dead serious. And fighting Luchadors seems just about the right level of insanity for this game. Now I definitely know what I'm getting that week.

Angel de la Muetre is voiced by Hogan, yup.

Game looks better and better. Just have it run smooth, crash-free and with better controls this time and i might buy it twice *g*

But really: this is how i imagined games way back: Just pure fantasy-FUN. Well not all games should be like it... but it is so refreshing.

This looks mad, and I like it!
I still love the "Power" trailer, fits Saints row too well.

A Luchador gang? This seems like a bad idea, they'll be able to get out of role and continue to enrage and taunt each other.
Wait, I take that back. Go masked men!

Anyone else already crossing out days in the calender?

Why oh why must saints row appeal to me? More games I have to get. Saints row is my flavor of insanity.

One of the gangs in the game, is a gang of Luchadores?
Okay, that's the best.

Anyone else notice the SPACESHIP?!

Shakomaru:
Anyone else notice the SPACESHIP?!

If you've got Saint's Row 2 then go to the Aeronautical Museum (you know the one: it's in Ronin territory. It's one of the strongholds you take over)

Anyway, in the section of the museum still under construction you'll see that same ship in the form of a scale model hanging from the ceiling. Can't find an image of it but it's pretty cool to see that Volition was thinking ahead to the third back while working on the second (then again, they've been like that a lot especially if you've noticed the Ultor stuff in SR1)

As for the video, HELL FREAKING YEAH!

Well thats a day one purchase for me.

And just when I thought Saints Row the third was flying under the radar of everyone here, and being overlooked, here I am plesantly surprised that people are noticing the one game I have absolute faith in to be enjoyable for a long time, and not let me down in any major fashion.

And 'd say my standards are rather high. <.<

But what space ship? The hovering flying dealie that shoots missiles at the luchadores? That's the S.T.A.G. VTOL jet armed with a microwave laser, and missiles. It can move as a helicopter and as a jet.

There's also a S.T.A.G. rocket/hover cycle, too.

And a full blown tank.

Go on. Do some research. Go on. :P There's plenty of gameplay and trailers to view.

But yeah, over Skyrim, and assuredly over any FPS or TPS, Saints Row The Third has my unshakeable faith that I won't be let down. :P

And yes, Hogan does a good job in voice acting Angel, and I look forward to when I get to do some wrestling in the ring.

Shoggoth2588:

Anyway, in the section of the museum still under construction you'll see that same ship in the form of a scale model hanging from the ceiling. Can't find an image of it but it's pretty cool to see that Volition was thinking ahead to the third back while working on the second (then again, they've been like that a lot especially if you've noticed the Ultor stuff in SR1)

Huh, I hadn't noticed that, nice. But I think I recall Ultor actually being a reference to their earlier Red Faction games, in which Ultor is one of the companies in Mars. They've now decided Red Faction and Saints' Row are in the same continuity so it's the same company.

OutcastBOS:

I'm disappointed he didn't order any hams on this trailer.

Saints Row 3
Battlefield 3
Skyrim
My year will be complete!!!

Go Hulk Hogan!

This game is going to be amazing :D

I literally can't wait :O

OutcastBOS:

I'm not too shocked, the dude has been a professional entertainer for like 30 some odd years at least...

Jake Martinez:

OutcastBOS:

I'm not too shocked, the dude has been a professional entertainer for like 30 some odd years at least...

Well, yeah...but most of that was like "WHATCHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!" and this sounds more...subtle? I dunno the words to describe it properly, but better.

Heh heh, Hulk Hogan...colour me intrigued.

did I just see a tank in the trailer? if so yesssss finally can bring full carnage to the streets. I was getting this game anyway but the trailer makes me want it more.

uhhhhh is it just me or does this game look kinda... umm gay... I mean I'm sure it's going to be fun but when I think of tough gangsters... guys in leotards and speedos with pretty pink and green masks don't come to mind lol I just can't take this game seriously.

thats the point you can't take this game serius thats the good thing about saints row

can't wait for this game

themerrygambit:
uhhhhh is it just me or does this game look kinda... umm gay... I mean I'm sure it's going to be fun but when I think of tough gangsters... guys in leotards and speedos with pretty pink and green masks don't come to mind lol I just can't take this game seriously.

Well, it's sort of a good thing you can't. The game isn't supposed to be that serious. It's a game where there's a nutshot button, and you can run around in mascot suits beating people up with giant phallic symbols, and mash stuff up with air strikes, and tanks, and stuff.

If the Luchadores aren't your cup of tea, there's 2 other gangs you're going to be dealing with. :P

But as for being "gay?" Nah. Not in my opinion anyhow. being over the top is part of the charm.

I love the escalation in the gang's themes throughout the three games, I hope the other two gangs are as interesting. Hackers and mobsters I've heard. I wonder how that'll play out.

Quaxar:
A Luchador gang? This seems like a bad idea, they'll be able to get out of role and continue to enrage and taunt each other.
Wait, I take that back. Go masked men!

Anyone else already crossing out days in the calender?

Steam keeps me updated for every hour in passing so I don't need to check a calendar. I do however wait in patience for this to come out. This is my most anticipated game of 2011 by far.

My wallet is going to completley die this year, THANK YOU SAINT ROW!

Ot: Wrestling, this game keeps making stuff more and more fun, cant wait to own that giant douch'e with Hulk Hogan, bwhahaha so much fun!

This footage reminds me a lot of WWF NO MERCY on N64, my favorite game of that console. You got your wrestling in my sandbox shooter.

I think these guys are early encounters in the game, so this video is most welcome to get better acquainted with first steps into Steeleport. Not to mention that boss character. I like his attitude. I look forward to turning it into paste on the sidewalk.

I would say...

...because I think I want to see more media from SR3 like this.

Yes. Yes, I do.

Bosque:
This footage reminds me a lot of WWF NO MERCY on N64, my favorite game of that console. You got your wrestling in my sandbox shooter.

And that doesn't bother me one bit. I hope it stays as an optional event even after that chapter is finished. Lucha Libre for bucks!

Can't this game just hurry the hell up and get released already?!

It's just appealing more and more with every bit of teasing they publish. Definitely gonna get this on day 1.

Agh, this looks awesome. My favourite thing about SR2 was the hand-to-hand combat...and now we get a Luchadore fighting style. Also, spell-check, Luchadore IS a word. Or Luchador. Just accept one of them will you, ya dick?!

I need this game.

VIVA LUCHA!! This character looks rad, reminds me of Maero, who was the best gang boss in SR2 IMO.

I wonder if they are going to show a female protagonist (Or is it antagonist for these games when it comes to the main character?) owning it up over the male one.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here