Miracle of Sound: Normandy (Mass Effect 2)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

ImprovizoR:
Simply amazing. Another hit. I love it.

Will you consider writing a Deus Ex song one day?

Already planning it, just have to finish Human Revolution first :)

I think this one is even better than "Commander Shepard". I'm just a sucker for songs with beautiful lyrics, and this one certainly deliver. Great work as always MoS, here's looking forward to your next work. Ah, quick question thought, is there a way for me to download any of your songs? Perhaps you have a album in the works?

So amazing. I'm not really that huge of a fan of Mass Effect, but this song moved me. Really, Really well done.

MiracleOfSound:

Juan Regular:
From a pure songwriting perspective, this is by far your best song. Nice job.

Thanks, I'm quite happy with the structure, took me a long time to get it right!

And it shows, though I have to say that every single time I hear the second part of the verse, when you sing "The tiniest flicker on the edge of the sky", I always expect a change in percussion. Don´t know where that comes from.
But anyway, it´s a great song. A real shame Bioware just had to move your GC appearance to 1pm.

It is awesome on a whole other level this song can apply to The Invasion of Normandy during World War 2.

I was lucky enough to spot the preview you showed along with the great interview you gave.

I'm only listening to it second time round now, but it's absolutely wonderful... It really captures the depth of the engagement Mass Effect can have on you as you play it. There's so much soul to it, and it shows through every part of the song.

While the video is making me want to mess Collecters up something vicious, the song is making me want to tread the lonely void, to see a sky light up by a newborn star, to fight for the weak and lost.
To give my life to Normandy.

Magnum Opus, Gavin!

Awesome song - great lyrics, great music and great video work from Russ.

Dr. Pepper Unlimited:

warfjm:
I suddenly want to play Mass Effect even though I never had the desire to before. That's how good this song is.

That's exactly what I was thinking. It makes me want to go out and buy it now, heh.

This is probably your best song ever, Miracle. A personal favorite of mine as well. Wonderful work!

Dudes, go do it. Really, stop whatever else you're doing and just go play the game already.

It's awesome.

Sperium 3000:
I think this one is even better than "Commander Shepard". I'm just a sucker for songs with beautiful lyrics, and this one certainly deliver. Great work as always MoS, here's looking forward to your next work. Ah, quick question thought, is there a way for me to download any of your songs? Perhaps you have a album in the works?

He's on iTunes and BandCamp! I think there's talk of an album alright but you can get all his tracks here. I think it'll be two weeks till Normandy becomes available, but it's worth the wait if you ask me.

http://miracleofsound.bandcamp.com/

This is an awesome and beautiful song! I've been listening for the last hour, and will sure listen to it more :)

Amazing song, can't wait until it's on bandcamp for download. Really captures the depth and serious side of ME2. You do amazing music and videos, is there any way you can sell the videos also on bandcamp? I know that I and many others would gladly pay for the ability to see the videos on ipads and the like.

Awesome song. Like, really awesome. Just really great to listen to.

Wish I could say more to make myself look smarter, but all I can really get out is "THIS SONG GOOD! YOU AWESOME! I LIKE COOKIES! RAWR!"

Hopefully it's enough.

MiracleOfSound:
Normandy (Mass Effect 2)

We gave our lives to Normandy.

Watch Video

i cant believe it how is it your not famous already all your songs are great and i for one will be buying more on Itunes speaking of which how long till this one hits the store?!:)

Littleman64:
It is awesome on a whole other level this song can apply to The Invasion of Normandy during World War 2.

That's exactly what I have thought =)

epic guitar riff at the end of the chorus man, brilliant distortion.

what are the chords?

Keep Rockin'
[The]Rock

Wow, one of the best songs so far in my book. Really, really liked this one, it was suitably epic, without being overly dramatic.

Makes me want to go back to ME2 and play it again. If only there were more than 24 hours in a day...

Sperium 3000:
Ah, quick question thought, is there a way for me to download any of your songs? Perhaps you have a album in the works?

The album is on the way, but for now you can get them on Itunes and Bandcamp :)

[The]Rock:
epic guitar riff at the end of the chorus man, brilliant distortion.

what are the chords?

Play a B power chord and keep a finger on the higher B note as you move from B to E, G, A

Ranubis:
You do amazing music and videos, is there any way you can sell the videos also on bandcamp? I know that I and many others would gladly pay for the ability to see the videos on ipads and the like.

The Escapist will be releasing a DVD in September with all of the videos!

TimeLord:
This needs to be the credits music for ME3 ;)

agreed, once more you've produced something spectacular Gavin, tip of the hat to you!

MiracleOfSound:

Play a B power chord and keep a finger on the higher B note as you move from B to E, G, A

so, B, B/E (or E/B, I can't remember how it goes), G, A?

[The]Rock:

MiracleOfSound:

Er, I dunno the exact notation to be honest, you just play the power chords but keep a finger on the 'B' note above them, so the 'A' chord is actually an Asus9, and the E is, I think an Asus4!

MiracleOfSound:

[The]Rock:

MiracleOfSound:

Er, I dunno the exact notation to be honest, you just play the power chords but keep a finger on the 'B' note above them, so the 'A' chord is actually an Asus9, and the E is, I think an Asus4!

So it's just all those chords with a B root?

Okay, I've just grabbed my guitar and worked it out:

e|-------------------------------------------------------|
B|-------------------------------------------------------|
G|-------------------------------------------------------|
D|--4---4---------------------------2--2--2----------|
A|--2----2---2---2---2----2--2---0--0--0----------|
E|------------0---0---0----3--3----------------------|

I can't write the timing in, but it's pretty simple if you just listen to it for a bit.

okay I've figured out the whole song now,
Verse: B, G, E, A
Pre-chorus (We will see this burden through): G, A
Chorus: G, A, B, F#
Riff bit:(as above) B, E, G/B, A

power chords through the whole thing, that's why I didn't write chord qualities.

[The]Rock:

power chords through the whole thing, that's why I didn't write chord qualities.

Seems pretty close. The F# in the chorus though is an F#minor and the others are major. I did power chords and also a layer of open chords over them.

Also, the A is an Asus9

MiracleOfSound:

[The]Rock:

Seems pretty close. The F# in the chorus though is an F#minor and the others are major. I did power chords and also a layer of open chords over them.

Also, the A is an Asus9

Cool, so I was really close.

I put them as power chords 'cause it's easier to work out (and I'm horrible at guessing chord qualities, ask my VCE music teacher)

Also, it's not bad for 20 mins work, is it?

Terrific !
Suddenly i've felt like watching Firefly once more. I wonder why. :)

Leaning more towards corny then moving but still a good one. Something about the back up singing to yourself with yourself with the auto tune just throws it off for me. But Im not here to just hate, cant get enough Mass Effect songs just lovem. O and super props for the Tali shots in the vid, I love her character and design overall so always happy to see her around.

I have to admit, after just playing the first two mass effect games this is a very powerful song with a moving video. The second this is on Itunes I will start throwing my money at you.

If this isnt in the next game at some point I am going to be seven different kinds of angry.

Darthbawls77:
Leaning more towards corny then moving but still a good one. Something about the back up singing to yourself with yourself with the auto tune just throws it off for me.

Sorry, you're very wrong there.

I do not, and will never, use Autotune.

I despise Autotune on principle and refuse to use it in my work. My voice is my voice, no crutches.

Where exactly did you think you heard it?

Said it before, will say it again: Amongst your best work Gavin, can't praise you enough. Really glad to see all this work paying off for you :) Desperately hoping Bioware pay attention to that petition, it's the least they could do to reward you. Hell, I feel like starting another one to get Normandy as the credits song now! :D

how appropriate, i finished ME 2 for the first time early this morning.

Wow, just wow.

While I'm not a big fan of the direction they went in with ME2 (gameplay wise) I must say that this song captures the essence of the series and storyline perfectly. Bioware should take note and contact Miracle Of Sound about using this somewhere in Mass Effect 3.... it's just that awesome...

I rarely comment in response to this feature and I had to do it here.

MiracleOfSound:

Darthbawls77:
Leaning more towards corny then moving but still a good one. Something about the back up singing to yourself with yourself with the auto tune just throws it off for me.

I despise Autotune on principle and refuse to use it in my work. My voice is my voice, no crutches.

Listening to it again I guess its just your back up singer or some other digital thing, its the part where you sing, "We give our lives for Normandy." And I didnt mean to come off rude or mean, I like your stuff. I just wish you wouldnt respond to things I say so mean teacher like,"Sorry, you're very wrong there," lol. I wasnt calling you out buddy. You did the BEST batman song Ive ever heard I could never hate! Much love!

Darthbawls77:

Listening to it again I guess its just your back up singer or some other digital thing, its the part where you sing, "We give our lives for Normandy." And I didnt mean to come off rude or mean, I like your stuff. I just wish you wouldnt respond to things I say so mean teacher like,"Sorry, you're very wrong there," lol. I wasnt calling you out buddy.

I think that must be my venomous hatred of Autotune and my annoyance at the mere suggestion of me using such a thing coming through... I'm quite opposed to that, it's like aimbot for singers. was not trying to be mean to you :)

I can tell you the exact way the vocals were done in that part though..

One low vocal and a higher harmony on the 5th note, each one double tracked. I sang it 4 times, in other words. Then I added compression (which is a way of keeping it at the same volume) and a Delay (echo) effect to give the spiraling feel. It's that simple!

Would it be out of the relm of possibe to see an acoustic version of this in the future? I feel like the writing would support it beautifully.

MiracleOfSound:

Darthbawls77:

You just became my favorite artist of all time..

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.