Trailers: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Trailer

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Trailer

The classic first-person shooter is back with an all new arsenal!

Watch Video

Weren't there a couple of other multiplayer shooters coming out soon? Huh, I honestly can't remember...

Okay, I kid, but in that trailer I saw not a single instance of iron-sight aiming, or strawberry jam smeared on the screen. Thank you Valve, you're not off the hook for Ep. 3 yet, but you're certainly forgiven for Steam's Australian price gouging.

Cross platform gaming, Valve will need to give something really op to the console gamers to compensate for the pinpoint accuracy of the mouse and keyboard ones.

EDIT: Thinking about it, they may just tie the xbox and ps3 players, thats way simpler..... i think for balance issues.

All I care about is the bot support. When all else fails, at least let us play against some intelligent bots. The old bots are from Condition Zero and are rediculously predictable and accurate.

I don't play CS online as often as I used to so I wont be as sad about the new weapons and such but I still just want to play against clouds of zeros.

bigmen0:
Cross platform gaming, Valve will need to give something really op to the console gamers to compensate for the pinpoint accuracy of the mouse and keyboard ones.

They get a partial aim bot and 50% stronger weapons, PC gamers also have to play with their hands tied together. I still think I could beat most console gamers on those terms :p.

bigmen0:

Well, the PS3 version will apparently support a keyboard/mouse setup. So there's that.

Will be interesting how they balance controllers vs. keyboard/mouse though.

It almost looks like a hoax.

On the other hand i can't wait to hand those xbox players a wooping with my mouse.

TheRealCJ:
but you're certainly forgiven for Steam's Australian price gouging.

I still hold them accounatable for that. What gives them the right to sell games to us WAY more expensive then in America when we have a higher dollar and as it is digital there are no greater transport/shipping costs to pass on?

It looks a little clunky as is, hopefully it wont look like that when the final product is shipped.

Well, I'm interested. May be good. We'll see.

Lim3:
It almost looks like a hoax.

On the other hand i can't wait to hand those xbox players a wooping with my mouse.

TheRealCJ:
but you're certainly forgiven for Steam's Australian price gouging.

I still hold them accounatable for that. What gives them the right to sell games to us WAY more expensive then in America when we have a higher dollar and as it is digital there are no greater transport/shipping costs to pass on?

Actually, it's the australian retailers that made it that way. they complained that it wasn't fair to them because they couldn't compete with those prices.
Good thing the retailers in Israel never heard of that, because physical copies here are also expensive.

So this means even more people are gonna call me a CHEEAATHAAR because I can aim?

Improvements I saw:
Graphics
Maybe menu's They were new at least

The rest:
Same old, basically. Same maps as before, same gameplay as before, same guns as before as well no doubt. Same everything apart from a graphics upgrade. It's like they're following the trend of the other shooters. "Upgrade graphics a little, new 5 hour single player campaign, new skins, then sell it as a totally new $60 game."

So really, did we need a new game to just upgrade visuals, have new menu's, and have it cross-platform? This is just valve milking what was once the success of CS classic imo. Even CS: Source couldn't get the success that CS classic had, so I doubt CS: GO can get things any better.

That being said, it's a very good thing that Valve doesn't follow the current trend of aiming down a sight and 'realistic blood'. And that they instead stuck to their winning formula of crouching to aim better, and no blood smeared across the screen. But 'using the same formula that worked before' doesn't count as something exciting to me.

Doom972:

Actually, it's the australian retailers that made it that way. they complained that it wasn't fair to them because they couldn't compete with those prices.
Good thing the retailers in Israel never heard of that, because physical copies here are also expensive.

Really? I didn't know that. That's screwed up, they charge more then double the US for harcopies of games. What's the point of competition if they make one supplier charge more instead of the other retailers dropping their prices to compete.

Lim3:

Doom972:

Really? I didn't know that. That's screwed up, they charge more then double the US for harcopies of games. What's the point of competition if they make one supplier charge more instead of the other retailers dropping their prices to compete.

My thoughts exactly; It's not Steam's fault for pricing things accurately when Australian retailers are getting screwed over.* They should be doing something about it, not blaming it on another service that actually wants to bring accurately-priced quality to the world.**

Still, the game looks good and I'll probably buy it. While I do wonder about the cross-platform gaming and how they're going to balance it, no doubt it'll be good. They have DotA2 for practice in that department!

*Excuse my language. :D
**Arguably.

sanquin:
Improvements I saw:
Graphics
Maybe menu's They were new at least

The rest:
Same old, basically. Same maps as before, same gameplay as before, same guns as before as well no doubt. Same everything apart from a graphics upgrade. It's like they're following the trend of the other shooters. "Upgrade graphics a little, new 5 hour single player campaign, new skins, then sell it as a totally new $60 game."

So really, did we need a new game to just upgrade visuals, have new menu's, and have it cross-platform? This is just valve milking what was once the success of CS classic imo. Even CS: Source couldn't get the success that CS classic had, so I doubt CS: GO can get things any better.

That being said, it's a very good thing that Valve doesn't follow the current trend of aiming down a sight and 'realistic blood'. And that they instead stuck to their winning formula of crouching to aim better, and no blood smeared across the screen. But 'using the same formula that worked before' doesn't count as something exciting to me.

Dude this is Valve we are talking about, I'm sure they have more in mind than just updating the graphics and the visuals and the menus.

Just trust em a little. It doesn't really matter if it doesn't meet the success it's predecessors, people will still play it. i know i will.
but thank fuck it's about time a game that doesn't involve aiming down iron sights come out. as well as that blood on the screen shit.

Soooooo... it's going to be another graphical update to De_Dust then?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here