Trailers: Dark Souls - Prologue Part 1 Trailer

Dark Souls - Prologue Part 1 Trailer

Something spooky this way comes...

Watch Video

do want.
Want moar.
do want more.

Although..I cant tell if that was under or 'in' the dragon..thing.

I cannot wait for this game, but it didn't tell really anything from that. Hope part two will be more clear

Meant to play demon souls.Still haven't because the pal release was a load of poppy cock.
I will probably buy both of them at the same time.
Regarding the trailer, it was bellow average.
Didn't get me excited for a game i would otherwise be pumped for, i'm sure it's
better in Japanese though.

I love demon's souls and I am really looking forward to dark souls...but that video was really really bad.

The light, the dark, the fire to the shut the hell us and play some epic music to someone killing stuff.

When will they realize that a decent localization makes all the difference. This was super cheesy.

I bought the original Demon's Souls in Akihabara and the original Japanese version also used English voice over, and it was pretty clear they got some guy who didn't know what he was doing to write the dialogue, and got amateur foreign actors living in Japan to recite it.

It really doesn't cost that much to go the extra mile and have an actual writer re-write the dialogue instead of just using a translator with no writing background.

Hmm. Lot of negative responses to this trailer. I liked it. I miss the maiden in black's voice though. That lady was just off. I liked how she added to the sense of creepiness that was in the rest of the game.

I think its me and my crazy but I could swear that the dragon at around 38 seconds looks like the dragon from Skyrim

VonBrewskie:
Hmm. Lot of negative responses to this trailer. I liked it. I miss the maiden in black's voice though. That lady was just off. I liked how she added to the sense of creepiness that was in the rest of the game.

She will indeed be missed.

OT: I liked the trailer and I just want part 2 already.

I found some of Demon's Souls dialogue unintentionally hilarious and for some reason im glad that this trailer's giving me a similar vibe

And yea, within the flames were leather thongs forged, to adorn the backdoor clefts of men, women and demonfolk alike...to chafe their Dark Holes, gradually irritating them in increasing increments, sewing the seeds of an eternal conflict founded upon eternal discomfort. No more would salve of sticky white stuff suffice...

For the Age of Grimaces descended upon all...

(seriously, though...REALLY looking forward to this game)

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here