Trailers: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine - "Our Weapons" Trailer

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine - "Our Weapons" Trailer

Sometimes it's all about superior firepower.

Watch Video

Sometimes I find myself feeling a bit sorry for video game voice actors.

I mean, imagine being expected to deliver lines like that without laughing your head off.

Zhukov:

I mean, imagine being expected to deliver lines like that without laughing your head off.

You kind of get used to it.

And if you're signing on to voice act anything Warhammer 40k, any voice actor worth a damn would prep themselves to say cheesy lines without laughing and kind of get in the "Warhammer 40k mode."

EverythingIncredible:

Zhukov:

You kind of get used to it.

And if you're signing on to voice act anything Warhammer 40k, any voice actor worth a damn would prep themselves to say cheesy lines without laughing and kind of get in the "Warhammer 40k mode."

Like Painkiller in 3rd person. Fun as hell to play, but the story is laughably pathetic.

Before I even watched this video, I was expecting:

"Our two main weapons are fear, fear and surprise!"
"And high caliber bolter shells..."
"Our three, three weapons are..."

Etc.

Anyone else twitching in the corner waiting for this game? I rarely get worked up about a new game but this is one of those cases.

Hold on, it says 40,000 years in the future. Wouldn't that make this Warhammer 42K?

I thought the job of halting the enemy of mankind was for the Imperial guard, then have space marine strike at the heart of what survived the rain of artillery fire.

iniudan:
I thought the job of halting the enemy of mankind was for the Imperial guard, then have space marine strike at the heart of what survived the rain of artillery fire.

I thought the job was for the imperial guard to die in mass quantities so that the Space Marines could A| Get there on time and B| Have a more suitable battlefield to fight on top of

Percutio:

iniudan:

I thought the job was for the imperial guard to die in mass quantities so that the Space Marines could A| Get there on time and B| Have a more suitable battlefield to fight on top of

What do do you think the imperial guard on the front line do ? Try to hold the enemy in place so the artillery can rain on thick enemy formation, while the imperial front line is most likely caught in friendly fire. And the destruction caused by the artillery is the suitable battlefield for the Space Marine, since it will have leveled most structure and vegetation.

Jodah:
Anyone else twitching in the corner waiting for this game? I rarely get worked up about a new game but this is one of those cases.

*Twitch*

One more week... just one more week, and we get to purge the alien and kill the heretic. Up close and personal, in all the blood-soaked glory of war. :D

iniudan:

What do do you think the imperial guard on the front line do ? Try to hold the enemy in place so the artillery can rain on thick enemy formation, while the imperial front line is most likely caught in friendly fire. And the destruction caused by the artillery is the suitable battlefield for the Space Marine, since it will have leveled most structure and vegetation.

The expected lifespan of your average Imperial Guard trooper, once they hit ground-side, is about 15 minutes.

Looks all the best kinds of glorious, seems it as a bit of hype to live up to.

Hero in a half shell:
Hold on, it says 40,000 years in the future. Wouldn't that make this Warhammer 42K?

hahaha!

basically I give the same response to this that I give to the people who got all fussy about how the year 2000 wasn't the start of the new millenium. A resounding "ugggggnnnnnhhhhhh gaaaaawd" followed by a loud sigh and a slumping of the shoulders and head.

Is the tagline really worse than planet of the apes?

Planet of the apes horribleness:
It may be our world... but its their PLANET.

sheesh. terrible.

New tagline? THIRTY EIGHT THOUSAND YEARS IN THE FUTURE....
nah.

One week and I can unleash TEH EMPRAH'S FUREH!11!11one!!11! on the foul greenskins and the damned heretics!

I thought the Adeptus Mechanicus were the only ones who can halt the enemies of mankind?

Hero in a half shell:

Considering the Empire's amazing ability of keeping record of, well, anything, the date has probably a margin of error of +/- 10000 years anyway.
2000 years more or less aren't even worth mentioning.

i collect space marines and have every warhammer game ever made so how can i not get this can't wait to show them Orks whos boss and them heretic chaos who is superior, i'm pumped for this damn them imperial guards getting there ass kicked by orks and needing space marines to bail them out.

Jodah:

You and me both brother-hurry the feth up September 8th!

Corporal Yakob:

Jodah:

You must be in Europe eh? I get it the sixth here in the States. I plan on waiting outside the Gamestop I preordered at and exacting Holy Retribution upon anyone in front of me. The Emperor Protects!

Jodah:

Corporal Yakob:

Jodah:

You must be in Europe eh? I get it the sixth here in the States. I plan on waiting outside the Gamestop I preordered at and exacting Holy Retribution upon anyone in front of me. The Emperor Protects!

Australia actually, I'm going to sprint all the way from my house to the local EB Games and get the game first thing on the release day-"Oh come on! Surely I deserve a discount for knowing over a dozen Imperial prayers!"

For the Emperor!

I wonder how long it took for that narrator to say "we are space marines" with a straight face.

Corporal Yakob:

Jodah:

Corporal Yakob:

Australia actually, I'm going to sprint all the way from my house to the local EB Games and get the game first thing on the release day-"Oh come on! Surely I deserve a discount for knowing over a dozen Imperial prayers!"

For the Emperor!

Ahh yeah. I knew one (Australia or Europe) was getting it the 8th and the other was getting it the 9th. Just couldn't recall off hand.

Jodah:

Oh god, I cannot wait for this game. I played the Demo, and it just feels like so much goddamn fun. It's gonna rock.

Same here. I get a mini nerdgasm with each new trailer. It looks like we'll actually get to SEE some space and/or atmospheric battles too. I've never seen that before in a 40k game. Im kind of interested to see what the Imperial Navy is all about.

Ehh, to be fair, this kind of talk is the usual kind of Space Marine hype. The Guard always play second-fiddle in the 40k games (Except Winter Assault, which I loved). That's just the role of The Guard I guess. Do the hard work and let the Space Marines hog all the glory. I just hope they treat The Imperial Guard with respect in this game, and don't like, just have them there to make Space Marines look more badass.

Oh god, I cannot wait for this game. I played the Demo, and it just feels like so much goddamn fun. It's gonna rock.

Oh hell yes. Im actually pretty excited to try out the multiplayer too, and the customization. Im totally going to try and make a Deathwatch Marine for multiplayer. Well, as close to one as I can get with the options they give me. Poor Deathwatch never gets any love. The Gray Knights and Sisters of Battle hog all the spotlight. The Ordo Xenos really needs to get its own army too.

rcs619:

Same here. I get a mini nerdgasm with each new trailer. It looks like we'll actually get to SEE some space and/or atmospheric battles too. I've never seen that before in a 40k game. Im kind of interested to see what the Imperial Navy is all about.

Ehh, to be fair, this kind of talk is the usual kind of Space Marine hype. The Guard always play second-fiddle in the 40k games (Except Winter Assault, which I loved). That's just the role of The Guard I guess. Do the hard work and let the Space Marines hog all the glory. I just hope they treat The Imperial Guard with respect in this game, and don't like, just have them there to make Space Marines look more badass.

Oh hell yes. Im actually pretty excited to try out the multiplayer too, and the customization. Im totally going to try and make a Deathwatch Marine for multiplayer. Well, as close to one as I can get with the options they give me. Poor Deathwatch never gets any love. The Gray Knights and Sisters of Battle hog all the spotlight. The Ordo Xenos really needs to get its own army too.

They might show some respect for the guard. Their commander seems like an important character, and you play as an Ultramarine, one of the very few chapters that actually still fight for what they were created for (protecting humanity) and not just to kill everything while having a hard time standing up with such massive egos. For multiplayer, I'm hoping they have enough customization that I can make a legion of the damned marine.

I want this game so fucking bad!

Also, in case anyone didn't notice, THAT WAS A FUCKING TITAN AT 0:20!!!

I wish they were doing a midnight launch.

I actually tried this back at Comic-Con. honestly? Like it though I will admit that next time I WANT A BETTER ****ING GUN at the beginning of that mission I played...ugh. Let's face it, the few minutes of playtime taught me I need to practice in that game....

It's worth quoting Yahtzee AGAIN in defense of this game:

You are a MONSTER TRUCK that walks like a MAN!

Dear God, the combat is just so damn satisfying. I bet the multiplayer will be as fast paced as all hell too, given the destructive abilities at your disposal. Glorious....

If Titus is captain of the 2nd, what happened to Cato Sicarius?

But on a better note, thoroughly excited for this game. =]

Hyp3roptic:
If Titus is captain of the 2nd, what happened to Cato Sicarius?

Titus became captain of the 2nd after his "commanding officer was killed in battle" (mentioned by one of the devs in a livestream a while back). So, if GW decides to recognize Space Marine as 40k canon, then Cato got his ass killed.

"only one force can halt the anhialation of mankind"

...The Imperial Guard, along with the Imperial Navy, who every day battle and kill more aliens than most Space Marines?

God, this trailer sucked donkey balls. Will someone remind these people they are making a 40k game, not Gears of War?

Jodah:

I very much am, even if I do have to play an Ultrasmurf in the campaign.

Jenx:

...The Imperial Guard, along with the Imperial Navy, who every day battle and kill more aliens than most Space Marines?

God, this trailer sucked donkey balls. Will someone remind these people they are making a 40k game, not Gears of War?

Well it's kind of par for the course to not give the Imperial Guard any credit, isn't it?

Agayek:

Jodah:

I very much am, even if I do have to play an Ultrasmurf in the campaign.

Heh, I'm one of the few that doesn't hate the Ultras. They aren't my top by any means (I like the pre-heresy Death Guard the most) but I don't hate them. I can't find a chapter (in game guild/clan) that will take a Death Guard though so I dunno what I'll be for multiplayer.

Jenx:

Heh, everyone ignores the Imperial Guard. That should be their slogan "All the work none of the credit!"

But yeah, most people focus on the Space Marines rather than the Imperial Guard, Ordo Xenos, Sisters of Battle, etc.

Jodah:
Heh, I'm one of the few that doesn't hate the Ultras. They aren't my top by any means (I like the pre-heresy Death Guard the most) but I don't hate them. I can't find a chapter (in game guild/clan) that will take a Death Guard though so I dunno what I'll be for multiplayer.

I don't hate the Ultrasmurfs so much as I find them incredibly bland. There's just nothing interesting about them. Their philosophy is bland, their chapter history is dull, and their color scheme/emblems are boring. There's really nothing there to like.

I'd much rather play a Black Templar attempting to reconquer the world from the Orks.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here