Trailers: WWE '12 - Character Creation Trailer

WWE '12 - Character Creation Trailer

Build your own wrestling champion in WWE '12.

Watch Video

I used to love these wrestling games, but they always seem to be lacking story and graphic wise though..

Once you played through with one or two wrestlers, there are only really minor changes in the story line next run through. That kinda kills the game a bit, no need for 40 wrestlers if they all have the same storyline..
Graphically they do not seem to have advanced since ps2, and the audience/crowd are always the same flat people with small arm movement..

Why do they never port these across? :(

I haven't played a wrestling game since the old '64 days. This character-creation looks pretty hardcore though.

Looks pretty extensive. The nostalgia fairies are now calling on me to dig out my old Playstation and hit up some SmackDown 2.

I hope THQ realise the VAST majority of the created arenas that people share online are just going to be the old SmackDown and the classic WCW arenas.

Also, by the sounds of it they've added a few more announce-names, rather than just 'the superstar' and 'the monster', etc.

These games are getting to be like the madden series with minor changes in each progressive game. the only changes tends to be roster related and the storyline in the game lags the main storyline in the actual show by 6 months at minimum.

Hell, I might get this game just for the customization and creation. More games need this. Why are sports games the only games with decent character (Appearance) creation save for Saints Row 1/2? I've never played one where you have so much control over what your character looks like. Also wonder if you can import your own pictures for what looked like a tattoo creator.

I havent played a WWE game since Day of Reckoning for the Gamecube, I haven't watched wrestling in a few years but have been thinking about getting one of the games.

The_root_of_all_evil:
Why do they never port these across? :(

I'm guessing it's the fiddly control system they've put in now but you could use the mouse for the majority of the interactions.

OT: Interesting, plus the "Create an arena" mode looks like it could be fun. I'll probably end up getting this, I normally end getting WWE games at a later date.

Reaper195:
Also wonder if you can import your own pictures for what looked like a tattoo creator.

They've had that in since the SmackDown vs. Raw 2009. They called it the Paint Tool, and you could use it for tattoos, shirt designs, all sorts.

Corpse XxX:
Graphically they do not seem to have advanced since ps2, and the audience/crowd are always the same flat people with small arm movement..

That's because super detailed crowds take up valuable resources. Why waste resources on something that you won't be paying attention to?

OT: I actually have SvR11 paused behind me in the character creator. I'm finally finishing up the last of my wrestlers and they have to go and show me how much better they could be.

I hope they add a name system like in UFC2010. It has a huge list of first and last names to pick from that the announcer will actually say.

Stammer:
I haven't played a wrestling game since the old '64 days. This character-creation looks pretty hardcore though.

Wrestlemania 2K? I got that on a whim and liked it a helluva lot. Got my friends into it once I showed them the character creation (and waiting the good 20-30 mins per person for them to explore every option/costume/move), and the ribbing about pro wrestling decreased slowly.

After I got rid of my N64 due to a need to move cross-country, I haven't touched another wrestling game. I'm in agreement, this one might be alright with the character creator.

It looks like they've added a lot this year to the creation modes. I'll probably get it just for the roster update anyway just so I can repeatedly beat up Daniel Bryan.

Still does not look better than No Mercy.

looks like wwe fans finally might get a game that isnt just a copy of the previous years with an updated roster....... hopefully

This makes me so glad that I haven't played one of these since 2006, 'cos now I'm genuinely excited. Plus wrestling started becoming interesting again and much less pussified than it has be for the past couple of years.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here