Trailers: Batman: Arkham City - Joker Trailer

Pages PREV 1 2

daxterx2005:
So at first I thought Joker just got some weird redesign, but then Harley said "You know Mr.J is sick"
Whats jokers illness in this game?

In Batman Arkham Asylume, he takes a major dose of a modified venom - a drug used by bane - to become a huge, 10 feet tall killing machine and try and kill Batman.

While Batman defeat him and the Joker return to his much less impressive frame... one can assume that he's under withdrawal from the drug or even just that his body is under 'shock' from the massive transformation that just occurred (and then reverted) in such a short time period.

daxterx2005:
So at first I thought Joker just got some weird redesign, but then Harley said "You know Mr.J is sick"

Side effects from a combination of using the Titan serum and a subsequent beat down from Batman in the first game.

Daystar Clarion:
You know, if I didn't already know that Harley had a different voice actor, I would have never noticed.

I didn't know they had changed voice actors and I couldn't tell at all. Must this game look so awesome. I want it now! Gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme!

MDSnowman:

SnakeoilSage:
Whether playing him for laughs or for scares, Mark Hamill was, is, and will always be the best Joker in my humble opinion.

When I hear the joker in my head it is ALWAYS Mark Hamill that I hear.

Of course! Even Heath Ledger (God rest him) kept his Joker to a single note. It was creepy, scary at times, but it was always played to menace people.

Hamill's Joker could be both comically funny and s***-your-pants scary: he seemed to have a laugh for every mood the Joker was in. And he could drag the laughter out from a quiet giggle all the way to a full-throated cackle without taking a breath. Whenever you read the comics and you see the Joker surrounded by "HA HA HA" text, you just know he's laughing the way Hamill does

It's sad to see Hamill stepping down, but you have to admit you can hear his voice starting to struggle with the effort of a full-throated laugh. He can't pull it off the way he could in the 90's.

Still, he's like the Fred Murcury of insane laughter.

Tarkand:

In Batman Arkham Asylume, he takes a major dose of a modified venom - a drug used by bane - to become a huge, 10 feet tall killing machine and try and kill Batman.

While Batman defeat him and the Joker return to his much less impressive frame... one can assume that he's under withdrawal from the drug or even just that his body is under 'shock' from the massive transformation that just occurred (and then reverted) in such a short time period.

Frost27:

Side effects from a combination of using the Titan serum and a subsequent beat down from Batman in the first game.

Thanks guys

daxterx2005:

Putting in Pre-Order today, massively excited about kicking arse as Robin! :-D

Use_Imagination_here:
SHUT THE FUCK UP AND TAKE MY MONEY AND HOUSE AND FAMILY AND FREEDOM! *ahem* Anyway, it really looks like they improved the horrible boss fights. And the writing. ANd everything

...That's it, I'm breaking in there and stealing a copy, WHOS FUCKING WITH ME?

Oh nice of you to offer but you see, there's one little problem with that....I already stole a copy.

*mark hamill joker laugh*

Team Hollywood:
Batman: Arkham City - Joker Trailer

At this point I would think that Batman would fear bats less and clowns more.

Watch Video

Yeah, imagine if that'd been the case from early on then? What kind of superhero would we have been left with?

OT: Arkham City, AC Revelations, Saints Row: The Third, Uncharted 3. How should i prioritize. Some will have to wait until they can lay under a christmas tree.

Why do all DC games have to look so ugly?

I think I miss the film noir/art deco-ish style of the Batman animated series. It was so clean and stylish.

theashigaru:
This game had me when I found out that the voice for Harley Quinn is the same as Twilight Sparkle.

What has been read cannot be unread.
Dammit, dammit, dammit.

Every time they release a new trailer for this game I jizz tears of happiness. :'3

I just don't get over Harleys design... i mean, it's just so unlike her original design. I mean, yeah, the nurse outfit in Asylum kinda made sense but... what's so wrong about the harlequin outfit?

Alright, for the record: Batman just got kicked in the face by a giant, one armed clown with a sledgehammer, and STILL managed to look badass. Is there nothing this guy can't do?

I hate Harley Quinn's voice, man.
But either way, Arkham Asylum was a pretty good game. I might get this.

theashigaru:
This game had me when I found out that the voice for Harley Quinn is the same as Twilight Sparkle.

*MASSIVE DR. PEPPER SPITTAKE OF DOOM*

WHAT?!?

Actually, that's kind of scary. Add to the fact they just compared the ending scene of the latest MLP episode with the end of A New Hope...with Hamill as the Joker...

Excuse me...I need to go see a doctor about a blown mind.

Odds are Joker will appear to "die", and then probably a stinger at the end of the game will show him alive and well. Shame though, since this Mark's final time as him. But he's gonna give his damndest, I'm sure.

Kopikatsu:

I really, really wish I could see Joker's voice actor when he does the whooping laugh.

For you my good man,

Apparently he is also a turtle on Whinnie The Pooh...wow.

OT: This looks amazing, glad Harley's voice hasn't changed that much either, even with the new voice actor.

Cannot. Wait. Any. Longer!

I hate double posts -.-

theashigaru:

And Bubbles from the Power Puff Girls!

..............It's in safe hands :')

Sniper Team 4:
Alas, Mark Hamille, the world will weep after this game because Joker is gone forever. Very sad indeed. Still, looks like he's going out with a bang.

Also, did Batman just...kill someone? Can you survive a fall from that height after being knocked unconscious?

Also, did he just slice a goon with those things he absolutely never uses?

Mark Hamill's voice in this is just absolutely perfect!

I am so happy that I have already paid off this game. I just can't wait to get my hands on it. It's gonna be awesome.

SomeBritishDude:
Mark Hamille. No one holds a candle to his Joker. Sorry Heath but this guy IS the joker.

In my opinion, Heath Ledger is the live action Joker and Mark Hamill is the Voice of the Joker. No one can ever compare to their performances in my view. As for which one is better, the answer is "yes".

Honorable mention to John Dimaggio for his Joker voice. He did really well.

now for awhile iv been sort of hung up that arleen sorkin wasn't doing the voice of harley Quinn but when i saw who the replacement was Tara Strong i was hopeful shes a good voice actor but i didn't know if she could pull off harley, needless to say after i herd her with harleys Vally girl accent knew she nailed her perfect and am more exited then ever for the game

(shame about mark not voicing the joker anymore thohe...)

I'm dying to know, just why did Sorkin not return? Did she fall ill? Was there some dispute?

I just remembered the woman doing Harley Quinn had to back out at the last minute. Had I not known/read that a couple months ago here on the Escapist, I honestly couldnt tell the difference between the voice actresses.

This is another game that is on my long list of games to buy.
I can't wait to battle against all the villians that will be appearing.

Whats the song that kicks in about 1:00?

Only thing I'm worried about is the soundtrack, heard 3 songs so far.

All really really bad

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.