Trailers: X-Men: Destiny - Behind The Scenes Choices Trailer

X-Men: Destiny - Behind The Scenes Choices Trailer

What kind of mutant do you want to become.

Watch Video

I don't mean to sound cynical or jaded, but why does every developer talk about choice as if they are the first to think about it?

"You're most powerful weapon is choice." "Your decions define your character." "The world will change with the choices you make."

It wouldn't piss me off so much if most of them weren't complete bullshit hype that never pan out.

To be honest this game just looks like a child-friendly version of Jade Empire. Which isn't good AT ALL.

CatmanStu:
I don't mean to sound cynical or jaded, but why does every developer talk about choice as if they are the first to think about it?

"You're most powerful weapon is choice." "Your decions define your character." "The world will change with the choices you make."

It wouldn't piss me off so much if most of them weren't complete bullshit hype that never pan out.

I completely agree.
Making choices is good, as it enables the game to become much more endearing, but still, it's been done before.

I don't know how I feel about this game. When it was first announced, they made out that customization would be key...but you can only choose from three character models...and, oh, I do wonder who will be the most popular - not because she's a girl, but because she looks a lot more interesting than the two bland males.

Also, how loyal is this to the comics? I only ask because Nightcrawler referred to Mystique as Raven. It's not biggie but just curious.

JWRosser:

CatmanStu:

I completely agree.
Making choices is good, as it enables the game to become much more endearing, but still, it's been done before.

I don't know how I feel about this game. When it was first announced, they made out that customization would be key...but you can only choose from three character models...and, oh, I do wonder who will be the most popular - not because she's a girl, but because she looks a lot more interesting than the two bland males.

Also, how loyal is this to the comics? I only ask because Nightcrawler referred to Mystique as Raven. It's not biggie but just curious.

I don't think Nightcrawler ever refers to Mystique as mom in the comics so idunno.

choice is good when your options actually carry weight now a days its either Good or Evil and occasionally Neutral but other than minor cosmetic changes its all the same.
How about actually including choices that change the world around you, the story, the enemies and bosses you fight, and not just making it "good or bad" give it substance there are no evil or good choices they only exist to define your character as a person with faults

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here