Trailers: Batman: Arkham CIty - Nightwing Trailer

Batman: Arkham CIty - Nightwing Trailer

Have you ever wanted to play a videogame as Nightwing? Me neither.

Watch Video

I was never a huge fan of nightwing but his animations and combat styles look amazing, I'll give it a spin if i have the chance.

This looks promising. The electricity could be fun to play with.

Oh and trailers need to stop ripping off the Inception music. It is really annoying now.

Nightwing: Because sometimes Batman just isn't brutal enough.

I was a big fan of Nightwing in the comics, especially The Outsiders, but that splits-kick he does a couple of time near the start is a huge dealbreaker, he looks like a tard *sigh*

The animated series skin is nice and all but it looks out of place in the setting of the game.

Arkham City PC release: Nov 15
Nightwing DLC release: Nov 1

So what your saying is that console players will get the first official DLC before I can even play the game on PC at all? I call shenanigans. :(

I dunno, I'd be more inclined to get it if I could free roam as the DLC characters, like you can with catwoman after you beat the game.

I keep asking this question, buuut, how in the hell is he going to glide or reach a gargoyle? Does he know parkour that can break the laws of physics or something?

Sparrow:
I keep asking this question, buuut, how in the hell is he going to glide or reach a gargoyle? Does he know parkour that can break the laws of physics or something?

There's no reason he couldn't be carrying a grapple. Or have a grapple inside one of those sticks. Catwoman already does "glide" just by jumping at the dude.

Sparrow:

I'm pretty sure it's gonna be similar to what Batman beyond has; his suit is probably advanced and has these wings that come out of the arm area which will allow him to glide. Not sure but I think it's something similar. As for grappling, if Robin has a grapple device then I'm sure Nightwing does to. I would like if a comic reader could confirm this for me.

But yeah, Nightwing is awesome; I was always a fan of him, especially since it's the original Robin (Dick Grayson) who went off on his own and became a badass. I have Robin so I am definitely getting Nightwing.

"Trained by Batman" Yep, that's enough credentials for me

I thought the game came out last week why is there a trailer now or is this just more content they left out to charge extra for?

The Gentleman:

How? Was Nightwing a sadistic bastard in the comics or cartoon or something? Imdon't know much about him.

ProtoChimp:

The Gentleman:

How? Was Nightwing a sadistic bastard in the comics or cartoon or something? Imdon't know much about him.

Not really. In the Animated series, they had a serious falling out over a guy who was essentially collateral damage when Batman interrogated him in front of his kid.

According to the Wiki, the Comic book reason was that he started doing some solo work and eventually left over disagreements of practice, but not in the explosive manner that the animated series opted for.

In the game: he uses nightsticks affixed with cattle prods at the end. I would say that is a tad more brutal than Batman punching you in the face.

Uhhh...I've always wanted to play as Nightwing more than Batman, Team!

Flashy.

I have the feeling that Nightwing is going to be my "Raiden". I'll have to keep to myself that I actually enjoyed playing as him.

Wait...

I see Rocksteady is clearly spending all its time and resources "tuning" the PC version.....yup.

The Gentleman:

ProtoChimp:

The Gentleman:

Not really. In the Animated series, they had a serious falling out over a guy who was essentially collateral damage when Batman interrogated him in front of his kid.

According to the Wiki, the Comic book reason was that he started doing some solo work and eventually left over disagreements of practice, but not in the explosive manner that the animated series opted for.

In the game: he uses nightsticks affixed with cattle prods at the end. I would say that is a tad more brutal than Batman punching you in the face.

Wait what do you mean collateral damage.

ProtoChimp:

The Gentleman:

ProtoChimp:

Wait what do you mean collateral damage.

He was essentially a small-time hired hand who took a questionable job with whatever temp agency the named-villains contract out to in order to make ends meet. If I remember correctly, he was just a driver or lookout for the actual actors and managed to get away when guess-who showed up. The main villain escaped and this guy has Batman knocking on his door the next night while his kid is still up to find out where said villain is holding up (he didn't know).

He looks cool and all, but if his methods of travel work like Catwoman, then I might pass. Nothing is more annoying than playing predator mode and trying to land behind the right guy as Catwoman.

Nightwing > Batman. Seriously, the fact that he wasnt in the game already is a shame. Still dont know how he's gonna get around without a cape.

intheweeds:
Arkham City PC release: Nov 15
Nightwing DLC release: Nov 1

So what your saying is that console players will get the first official DLC before I can even play the game on PC at all? I call shenanigans. :(

Tell me about it, I bought it off steam so I could get lego batman for free, and lego games are fun and all....

BUT IT JUST SITS IN MY LIBRARY AND STARES AT ME AND WHISPERS 'PLAAAAAAAAAAY MEEEEEEEEE'

Q_Q

too long of wait.

Team Hollywood:
Have you ever wanted to play a videogame as Nightwing?

Depends. Is there a minigame that involves making out with Starfire?

... what?

(More on topic, I love how they mention his eskrima sticks when he spends the video using them less as eskrima sticks and more as shock prods.)

Shadowstar38:
Nightwing > Batman. Seriously, the fact that he wasnt in the game already is a shame. Still dont know how he's gonna get around without a cape.

QFTFT.

Seriously, Nightwing is a Badass and I would want nothing then to play as him.

Sparrow:

He does have a grapping hook. It in the gauntlets. Just because he doesn't have a cape dosen't mean he can't get anywhere.

It'll probably just be usable in the challenge rooms. Pass.

If there's gonna be any more DLC it better be Jason Todd as Red Hood and or Deathstroke. Huntress or Batwoman would be an acceptable icing on the cake after the fact.

Scytail:
The animated series skin is nice and all but it looks out of place in the setting of the game.

Yeah, but not as much as the animated Batman skin. It's cool in theory, but he's just too shiny and fake looking against the gritty Gotham backdrop. The animated Catwoman skin works a bit better, but it still sticks out too much for my taste.

It probably doesn't help that i've never read a comic book but I have no idea who Nightwing is. I mean i know who batman, Robin and Catwoman are but never heard of this guy before, is he good or bad or phsyco or something?
On a side note: If they're putting in new campaigns can we get a Predator one?

Oh, it seems interesting. I would also like Dick to show up in The Dark Knight Rises.

Jon Shannow:
It probably doesn't help that i've never read a comic book but I have no idea who Nightwing is.

Nightwing is the first Robin. I don't know a great deal about it myself but apparently the first Robin and Batman split up at some point and the first Robin went onto become a solo hero. Incidentally the Robin you meet in Arkham City is the third.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here