Trailers: Asura's Wrath - Story Trailer

Asura's Wrath - Story Trailer

Asura has quite the anger problem in the latest trailer for Asura's Wrath.

Watch Video

While some elements of this game has intrigued me, there's always been something about it that seemed outdated and halfassed. That's especially true for this one.

Seriously the "princess" is even sealed in some sort of cyber crystal by some guy that bears more than a passing resemblance to Ganondorf. Besides, Asura's eyes seem to be bulging out of his skull at all times, and most of the dialog is delivered like the actors kept missing their cues.

Voice acting was 'meh'. (They don't know how to scream, dammit!)

Looked cool otherwise. Preferred the battle trailer, though. This just made me think 'BUDDHA KRATOS'

My first thought was 'how can a man which looks like he was chisled out of stone managed to have sexual intercourse with a flesh lady and have genetic offspring?'. Then I remembered the Greek mythology with the womanising Zeus...

scw55:
My first thought was 'how can a man which looks like he was chisled out of stone managed to have sexual intercourse with a flesh lady and have genetic offspring?'. Then I remembered the Greek mythology with the womanising Zeus...

He was more of a rapist than a womanizer, but I don't think he ever raped someone as a statue. Mostly just animals and I think a tree once.
Kinky bastard.

Anybody noticed there was no sound?

Just dialogue?

Gunjester:
Anybody noticed there was no sound?

Just dialogue?

Thank you for pointing that out first. I was going to but I saw you did it already. Well I'm still going to get this since it does look good to me but I still wonder why there's no sound effects for anything.

This seemed kinda spoiler-tastic for a trailer. oh well its still in my list for games to look out for in 2012.

How can a single game look so good, and so horribly bad at the same time? I want to play this cause it looks like some awesome GoW style action, and yet I cringed through most of this trailer. Just horrible. No wait, horribly cool. No, now it's just horrible again. :(

They're really giving away what seems to be a lot of info on the story with all these trailers....

ciancon:
They're really giving away what seems to be a lot of info on the story with all these trailers....

I don't understand why there's any exposition at all. A previous trailer put a great deal of emphasis on making people understand with your fist, so I figured they'd go with that.

I'm hoping for a nice story, though this is Capcom we are talking about...

I really like character design on the other hand.

Those eyes... what are they?! It's like a separate demonic entity in there...

Interesting setup, piss poor sound design, let's hope the end product does a little better.

Asura has quite the anger problem in the latest trailer for Asura's Wrath.

Anger problem? That would be a valid comment on any other trailer, but in this one he was framed for the murder of his political leader, his wife was killed, and his only daughter was kidnapped, and HE was killed!

Yeaaaah... I don't think one would chalk it up to anger problem after that.

Zlay:
I'm hoping for a nice story, though this is Capcom we are talking about...

I really like character design on the other hand.

Capcom is just publishing, dude. The ones actually behind the game are the guys responsible for the .Hack series.

80Maxwell08:

Thank you for pointing that out first. I was going to but I saw you did it already. Well I'm still going to get this since it does look good to me but I still wonder why there's no sound effects for anything.

Might just be an issue with the trailer that the developers didn't notice before release?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here