Trailers: Lollipop Chainsaw - Halloween Trailer

Lollipop Chainsaw - Halloween Trailer

Use your chainsaw to rip through your enemies.

Watch Video

Well I was just about to give it my full support, but then they said the B word... oh my golly that is just so improper and sexist.

Mr.K.:
Well I was just about to give it my full support, but then they said the B word... oh my golly that is just so improper and sexist.

I get how it can be considered offensive, but I don't understand how you consider it all-out sexist. It's the same principle as a woman calling a man a 'bastard', or a 'prick'. In all fairness, if a girl was coming at me with the intent of cutting me in half with a chainsaw, I'd probably let a few gender-specific obscenities words loose.

I'm not entirely sure what I just witnessed.

Mr.K.:

I love you so much right now.

OP: Game's definitely looking interesting.

Really, really, really hate the NA trailers for this.
The JP one has all of the needed footage, I don't understand this obsession with saying edgy things like
"This game doesn't have any but I'm going to say 'Sex' in a put on manly voice because it's what AMERICA wants and they can't figure out the cheerleader in this video was designed entirely for sex appeal without explicit instruction that that is in fact what has happened here in this video! Now hold onto your seat belts while I also tell you about all the BLOOD because we know you haven't actually been watching it all already and we can't be tacky enough!"

What is this I don't even?
Edit: If you zoom in really far it almost looks like a monochrome hyper low res image of some palm trees...

I think is a brilliant trailer, very Grindhouse style :D

Looks kinda boring to be honest. Nothing I haven't seen before. Oh well, I might be wrong.

Looks OK, but I would play it purely because its the guy that brought us No More Heroes.

Mr.K.:

You watch your language, for pete's sake!

I can't believe you just said "sexist."

I'm not sure if I can even rent this game with a straight face... but I'll damn well try. :D

For some reason, seeing the words "FUCKIN' BITCH" flashily appear when that zombie guy yelled them out made my day. Was that wrong for me to say that?

A cheerleader, sucking on lollipops while chopping up hordes of the undead with a chainsaw...

Yup, sounds like Suda.

Mydnyght:
For some reason, seeing the words "FUCKIN' BITCH" flashily appear when that zombie guy yelled them out made my day. Was that wrong for me to say that?

Protip: That's actually one of his attacks.

I down right giggled when I saw the words 'fucking bitch' come out from the zombie guy.

I don't care if the game turns out to be crap, it's so absurd I have to play it.

Mr.K.:

Well, it's all just a metaphor for the struggle of womyn everywhere, you know?

I definitely can't wait to buy this game. I wonder if Juliet will have some goofy unlockable costumes?

Feylynn:
Really, really, really hate the NA trailers for this.
The JP one has all of the needed footage, I don't understand this obsession with saying edgy things like
"This game doesn't have any but I'm going to say 'Sex' in a put on manly voice because it's what AMERICA wants and they can't figure out the cheerleader in this video was designed entirely for sex appeal without explicit instruction that that is in fact what has happened here in this video! Now hold onto your seat belts while I also tell you about all the BLOOD because we know you haven't actually been watching it all already and we can't be tacky enough!"

I completely agree with you on this, but in the NA trailer's defense it does give an almost grindhouse-like vibe to Lollipop Chainsaw. For some reason I'm not bothered by this. If you thought that was bad, you should see Funimation's face-palming marketing on Sekirei.

Oh Suda you nutter :D Never stop what you're doing.

Nice to see the voice actor from the Grindhouse trailers is getting work.

DannyJBeckett:
I get how it can be considered offensive, but I don't understand how you consider it all-out sexist. It's the same principle as a woman calling a man a 'bastard', or a 'prick'. In all fairness, if a girl was coming at me with the intent of cutting me in half with a chainsaw, I'd probably let a few gender-specific obscenities words loose.

I do believe he's referencing to the sexist bollocks that cropped up around Arkham City because the henchmen in that game kept calling Catwoman a bitch.

OT: Looks like crazy fun, though I really don't want to be seen walking out of the store with a game like that...

Prof. Monkeypox:
Nice to see the voice actor from the Grindhouse trailers is getting work.

HAHA

That was my first thought.

OT: This looks.... well I don't know what it looks like but I'm probably going to end up getting it anyway.

I think this has serious potential, I've liked Suda 51's previous projects, and I'm liking the very grind-house vibe he's going for. But I am a little worried about how he seems to be un-ironically objectifying the female body pretty damn blatantly, the whole thing just seems to scream "We don't expect anyone but heterosexual males to buy this game, so we aren't even going to try to appeal to anyone else".
Now, there is one way all this can be forgiven, if Suda 51 makes a followup project where the protagonist is a half naked man, to balance out the half naked woman, now we're objectifying everyone, fair is fair guys.
And no, I'm not just saying that because I'm bisexual.

Exactly the level of maturity I was expecting. Thank you Suda.

Well... I don't know what this game is, really. There have been more violent games before, more crazy games before, and more "sex" before (seriously though, if it's only referring to the main character's outfit with that, there have definitely been sexier protagonists before).

And as a game to just waste time and have fun with, Saints Row The Third looks like a much better candidate.

TAKE ALL MY MONEY NOW!

I was expecting the announcer to proclaim 'From the creative genius of Russ Meyer: Chainsaw Lollipop!'

Dissapointed =( Although I guess she is about 18 cup sizes below his expectations.

Mr.K.:

On topic: Looks a bit too silly for me. Although, imagining essentially the same game with a male cheerleader instead, I realise I'd be quite interested in that. Ha. I'm such a bloody hypocrite.

day one buy! i just love Suda51 and Grasshopper Manufacture games!

redneck_ant:
I think is a brilliant trailer, very Grindhouse style :D

That's what I thought. They really nailed it as a Grindhouse spoof, even the voiceover guy sounds kinda like the guy in their movie trailers.

Also, it looks like tons of fun.

Gman's uncle:
I think this has serious potential, I've liked Suda 51's previous projects, and I'm liking the very grind-house vibe he's going for. But I am a little worried about how he seems to be un-ironically objectifying the female body pretty damn blatantly, the whole thing just seems to scream "We don't expect anyone but heterosexual males to buy this game, so we aren't even going to try to appeal to anyone else".
Now, there is one way all this can be forgiven, if Suda 51 makes a followup project where the protagonist is a half naked man, to balance out the half naked woman, now we're objectifying everyone, fair is fair guys.
And no, I'm not just saying that because I'm bisexual.

Well, there are two ways of looking at Suda's games. It's either a clever parody of traditional video game values, or it's just exploitation of said values. Maybe it's not entirely one or the other. I do think that he is trying to make a point with the games he make, but it probably goes over most people's heads. And I'm not entirely sure he cares.

Okay, wow... that's just very... unique :P

In all seriousness, this might be bags of hilarious fun or end up supercrappy.
Time will tell! :)

It seems another one is departing on the S.S Quirky!

God damnit, Suda 51, don't ever change. For every overly serious game we have, we need your insanity to remind us how bizarre and fun games can be.

Mr.K.:

Well they only used it once so it retained its impact.

At least they weren't using as punctuation al la a certain open-world, flying-rodent, vigilante, detective game in the news recently.

XD this looks like the kinda stupid fun we don't have enough of

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here