Trailers: Mario Kart 7 - Features Trailer

Mario Kart 7 - Features Trailer

I hope children don't drown trying to copy the underwater racing.

Watch Video

I hope you can fully disable that motion control nonsense. I've heard you can't for Super Mario 3D Land which is just asinine, and if Mario Kart Wii taught me anything, it's that motion controls should not be used for steering and that the control stick is the way to go.

Looking pretty good! I see the Shy Guy from Download Play will be a selectable character, along with Lakitu and Metal Mario, unless there's a metal box powerup.

Hopefully Emblem customization is back, so I can use this:

Ok, so now the fact that HALF the tracs are rehashed old ones is a FEATURE?!!!
For shame, Nintendo, for shame!!! :'(

mjc0961:
I hope you can fully disable that motion control nonsense. I've heard you can't for Super Mario 3D Land which is just asinine, and if Mario Kart Wii taught me anything, it's that motion controls should not be used for steering and that the control stick is the way to go.

In the former, you're able to use the thumbpad to aim with also, but the motion controls don't stop happening, so, if you happen to be riding a bus going constantly up and down a hill, don't be surprised when you're aiming for Bowser's castle and end up launching yourself into the wall instead, inches from clearing the ledge, followed by dropping into the yawning abyss of fire below.

It'd be really strange if they didn't let you turn it off in the other game, since it represents an entire control scheme, instead of just a targeting system...

Can't freaking wait!

Also, cant seem to post a message on the "Fortune Street - Trailer" so I figured since its kind of related I'd post my message here.

This game looks Mario Monopoly.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here