The Un-Sexy Dating Game

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Therumancer:

The point isn't so much that this product in paticular is especially obscene, but the trend it's trying to start. Nobody is saying it's out to mind control the mainstream into becoming interested in this kind of thing, so much as it is to establish a prescence for this kind of thing to be accepted so it can creep into the mainstream.

The problem is, that "This kind of thing" is not actually in the game. You read something a game's premise, and you ASSUME that it's fetishistic (even if very softcore). We, on the other hand, read the actual game, and believe that the disabilities are not played fetishistically in any way, they are just present, as you would expect disabled people to appear in any piece of realistic fiction. The plot doesn't put ANY emphasis on disabilities. Not just little bit of focus, but NONE. It's categorically opposed to the concept of fetishizing disabilities.

Therumancer:

Also trying to declare anything someone says that you don't like is a "conspiricy" is ridiculous, and tempts me to just ignore what that person has to say. Especially when your talking about things like marketing, or a small group of people trying to break through with niche products, or promote certain alternative lifestyles. In general a real "conspiricy theory" has to operate on a much higher level and wouldn't have such a transparent motive.

A real conspiricy theory is more along the lines of saying that efforts are being made to cover up Princess Di's death and the specific details thereof. It by definition grows to include thousands of people but can be usually traced back to a handfull of ringleaders, and typically involves more questions than answers, such as why someone would bother to begin with. It's just like alien cover up conspiricies, any justification from "public panic" or whatever is ultimatly pretty weak.

No, that's just the common pop-cultural stereotype of conspiracies. By definition, any two or more people conspiring (making a secret plan) together, is a conspiracy.

And you theorize, that in this case, there were a dozen "ringleaders", the developers, who deluded thousands of fans on their website, and tens of thousands of readers, into thinking that they are reading a heartwarming romance story that's protagonists happen to be disabled, that while they were secretly disability fetishists, who wanted to spread their fetish. And none of the readers realized this "transparent motive", but you did just by looking at it's premise.

I'm sure the game is great. I've played through a good portion of it, and actually found it enjoyable. I like how the girls are personified as human beings, rather than, well, yeah, you know. I've played some other VNs.

I couldn't finish it though, because of personal matters. I'm in a stage in my life now where I'm dealing with a lot of new experiences with women in real life, and I'm sure playing Visual Novels at this point is only going to confuse me or mess with my expectations/understanding. People who've both dated and played VNs probably know exactly what I'm talking about. Not even close to being the same >_>

Loop Stricken:

Ponies too. It's odd that playing this game and watching the ponies has pretty much annihilated my old anger management issues.

And they created mine. Surfing pony and KS threads, and getting angry at people for trying to tell me that I'm wrong about my claim about why I'm watching it, and for questioning my sexuality, is my new guilty pleasure.

Halyah:
Name me some then. I have a interest in the genre, but I've never looked much into it and don't really know where to even start. Mostly because I need it to be in english or I won't understand it.

Strange, your avatar seems to be from the Heaven's Feel route of FSN, and that wasn't animated.

Anyways, what Mathak said, plus "Ef: A fairy tale of the two" for it's gorgeous visual arts, and "G-senjou no Maou" as a clever crime mystery. ("Ever 17" is still the cleverest mystery story ever, though).

antipunt:
I'm sure the game is great. I've played through a good portion of it, and actually found it enjoyable. I like how the girls are personified as human beings, rather than, well, yeah, you know. I've played some other VNs.

I couldn't finish it though, because of personal matters. I'm in a stage in my life now where I'm dealing with a lot of new experiences with women in real life, and I'm sure playing Visual Novels at this point is only going to confuse me or mess with my expectations/understanding. People who've both dated and played VNs probably know exactly what I'm talking about. Not even close to being the same >_>

You're probably right there. Still, I'm working in an environment where there is a curious absence of women. the IT business in the netherlands seems to have less women in the IT than most other countries, but that's only from what I've heard.

anyway, on-topic: I've played this game and it definitely touched me. Of course, it's more indulgent to me, but I wanted to know what it would feel like. I'm also not sure if this 'helps' my perspective: I'm diagnosed with autism.

What I mean is romance. I'm not very good with the whole social aspects of, well, humans. So I'm interested in what it meant to like another person in a special way. However, even after having played the game, the question remains largely unanswered. But I feel like it changed my perspective, especially when it comes to me personally.

And because of that, I'm going through a phase. I'm pretty sure people around the age of 15-25(that's what I got from the KS forums) might be affected in the same way it affected me.

For instance, it got me thinking about what I want to do as a job in my life. It also made me set a goal, although I tend to still be passive about it(I.E not doing anything about it).

Now that I look at this, it seems that I'm just trying ramble but stay on-topic. I had something in my mind about seeing how my perspective would influence my thoughts on the game, but I didn't work that out.

Anyway, if you go to the KS forums, people there tell how they felt and are quite open(IMO) about how the game affected them.

alright, so now about Shizune... She's an odd story to say the most. The sticking point for me was the comfort scene... That made no sense to me. But there are people arguing that shizune is probably the hardest route to 'get'. There's a lot of subtlety going on in that route. At least, that's what those people dig out of it.

Personally, I'd rather go with Lilly. Even if it manipulated me or anything, that's the kind of story I just like.

This actually looks really interesting, unfortunately attempting to launch the game is giving me all kinds of crashes and errors v.v. Ile have to take a stab at fixing that another time.

Alterego-X:

Halyah:
Name me some then. I have a interest in the genre, but I've never looked much into it and don't really know where to even start. Mostly because I need it to be in english or I won't understand it.

Strange, your avatar seems to be from the Heaven's Feel route of FSN, and that wasn't animated.

Anyways, what Mathak said, plus "Ef: A fairy tale of the two" for it's gorgeous visual arts, and "G-senjou no Maou" as a clever crime mystery. ("Ever 17" is still the cleverest mystery story ever, though).

I am a casual fan of the fate stay night stuff sort of. Most I know of it comes from the psp game though and not from the visual novel as I never saw or read it sadly. Don't know where to find it in english.

Halyah:

Alterego-X:

Halyah:

I am a casual fan of the fate stay night stuff sort of. Most I know of it comes from the psp game though and not from the visual novel as I never saw or read it sadly. Don't know where to find it in english.

It's not officially released in english, so you might either have to order it from Japan and then apply the fan translation patch to it from mirrormoon.org, or if you wouldn't insist on paying for the priviledge of cracking games that aren't even published in our country... Well, I guess you could figure out how to eroge download on your own.

Mathak:

Quick ref guide to good VNs:
[Edit: pic uploaded too small, just posting a few from the list]
Yume Miru Kusuri - Quite similar to KS, including the protagonist being a ponce
Ever-17
Fate/Stay Night
Planetarian
Saya No Uta

Also good:

http://narcissu.insani.org/
http://cradle-song.com/ - Only a preview out atm

>Not Monster Girl Quest

Shame on you.

Loop Stricken:

Abedeus:

Loop Stricken:

What, you mean... tolerance? That disabled people are just people?
God that's a terrifying thought.

Preposterous. Next you'll suggest we try to look past their disabilities and treat them like everyone else.

You're just a sick fetishist... with a fetish for being tolerant!!!

Ponies too. It's odd that playing this game and watching the ponies has pretty much annihilated my old anger management issues.

But that's not the place for this! I've been bad! I need to be punished!

... you know that really funny image of Hanako giving Hisao that letter saying she should be spanked? Well I've got about 25 tabs open here trying to find it, and I cannot. So just imagine I put that here, and laugh at my wittiness.

I shall add to this group since i do reviews of these games myself
Kanon
Clannad
Tomoyo After It's A Wonderful Life
Little Busters
Umineko
Higurashi
Dacapo I-III
Stein's;Gate
Chaos;Head
All of these are excellent games/visual novels in their own right and anybody should play them if you get the chance just ask me how.

Grey Day for Elcia:
It's difficult to take your efforts in character depth and development seriously (as already laughable as they are) when the words are being squealed and chirped out of a schoolgirl with either massively oversize breasts--not unlike those you would expect to see on a radiation poisoned stripper--or a flat chest seemingly designed in just enough of a sexual fashion to get the paedophiles excited.

Hmm...
I hadn't seen the sex scenes yet, but i thought the breasts didn't look too big or too small.
What tipped me off a bit, is that many of the girls looked like 12, but that could be the anime style of the game and at least lily looked like she was up to her age.

Therumancer:
This has been mentioned for a while, and really on a lot of levels it reminds me of Edward Lee's "The Teratologist" which is pretty much a gross story about this rich guy having sex with deformed people, or forcing other people to do the same. There is a plotline behind this, having to do with the guy setting out to offend god enough in order to force him to come down to earth, but that's really besides the point here.

In this case however the visual novel isn't trying to be gross about it, it seems mostly to try and legitmize a specific fetish, casting it in the light of a pretty much "by the numbers" romance where the deformed or crippled girls are all cute (allowing for the stylized artwork), and the plotline by all accounts seems to reek of normality for the sake of trying to sell the subject matter.

On some levels it seemed like "Children Of a Lesser God" when I first heard about it, until I realized the extent of some of the "problems" involved for some of the characters.

I'll be blunt, other than being a bit creepy, I can't say I see anything especially wrong with this, however I *DO* suspect that we're going to see this snowball into some incredibly depraved stuff. Whenever a taboo/fetish starts to appear on the market for the first time, it's done slowly to see normal and as natural and positive as possible, and then starts to increasingly go off the deep end as the mask slips. The general acceptance of this work is probably going to start a snowball rolling where within a decade we're going to see manga/hentai/etc... that makes the descriptions in the above Edward Lee story seem tame in comparison. By all accounts there isn't much graphic sex in this graphic novel, but how long is it going to take before we start seeing how people can use specific deformities sexually or find was to force themselves on those deformities...

Don't get me wrong, this fetish isn't "new", really very little is, it's just new that it's trying to force it's way into the mainstream. Having sex with freaks and such (sex dwarves being the stereotype) being one of the big "harem stories" about decadent kings, nobles, and rich merchants.

Seriously, I mean ... what? This shit is reminiscent of Time Cube. I can't even begin to comprehend the mental gymnastics you must have been going through when you did this. Even by your own strange, strange standards, this is pretty fucking crazy. So, uh, well done. Clap clap and all that.

"So far, so eroge, so what?" you might say, all the while chuckling to yourself over your witty bon mot as you sip from a fine Merlot. "This sort of game often has a bit of rumpy-pumpy, in-and-out action. Why, should I, a sophisticated Gameur, care about a sordid little dating simulator?"

I didn't think a British accent could be conveyed through text. I was wrong.

Therumancer:
This has been mentioned for a while, and really on a lot of levels it reminds me of Edward Lee's "The Teratologist" which is pretty much a gross story about this rich guy having sex with deformed people, or forcing other people to do the same. There is a plotline behind this, having to do with the guy setting out to offend god enough in order to force him to come down to earth, but that's really besides the point here.

In this case however the visual novel isn't trying to be gross about it, it seems mostly to try and legitmize a specific fetish, casting it in the light of a pretty much "by the numbers" romance where the deformed or crippled girls are all cute (allowing for the stylized artwork), and the plotline by all accounts seems to reek of normality for the sake of trying to sell the subject matter.

On some levels it seemed like "Children Of a Lesser God" when I first heard about it, until I realized the extent of some of the "problems" involved for some of the characters.

I'll be blunt, other than being a bit creepy, I can't say I see anything especially wrong with this, however I *DO* suspect that we're going to see this snowball into some incredibly depraved stuff. Whenever a taboo/fetish starts to appear on the market for the first time, it's done slowly to see normal and as natural and positive as possible, and then starts to increasingly go off the deep end as the mask slips. The general acceptance of this work is probably going to start a snowball rolling where within a decade we're going to see manga/hentai/etc... that makes the descriptions in the above Edward Lee story seem tame in comparison. By all accounts there isn't much graphic sex in this graphic novel, but how long is it going to take before we start seeing how people can use specific deformities sexually or find was to force themselves on those deformities...

Don't get me wrong, this fetish isn't "new", really very little is, it's just new that it's trying to force it's way into the mainstream. Having sex with freaks and such (sex dwarves being the stereotype) being one of the big "harem stories" about decadent kings, nobles, and rich merchants.

You make a good point in regards to the disabled young women drawn in a sexualized manner, but from the little research I've done on this form of storytelling, the art work tends to generate that sort of aesthetic. Not that that makes it okay in its own right, but at least its coming from a stream of art appeal.

The rest of your post is so crazy and warped that I had to read it twice just to make sure I didn't imagine it all. If you're serious about half of this stuff you may need to see a therapist. Or if you are seeing one, well, get back on the meds.

Grey Day for Elcia:
Bland, cliche, generic, predictable, shallow -- these are all words that spring to mind. You have to be an alien not to see every event coming a mile and a half away. The characters almost go out of their way to tick every box on the Japanese character type dejour list and while deformed in some way, every one of them is otherwise 'perfect'--in that creepy dollhouse way. Just in case it wasn't clear enough that this was a video game designed for lonely men, they're all fully prepared and able to whore themselves to whoever clicks the 'be nice, not a cunt' button the most.

Erasing some arms and throwing hot water on your characters doesn't make you creative, it doesn't make your work original and it does nothing to draw the intelligent viewers' eyes from the painfully mundane story. It's difficult to take your efforts in character depth and development seriously (as already laughable as they are) when the words are being squealed and chirped out of a schoolgirl with either massively oversize breasts--not unlike those you would expect to see on a radiation poisoned stripper--or a flat chest seemingly designed in just enough of a sexual fashion to get the paedophiles excited.

I'm sorry you feel that way, allow me to respectfully disagree. The writing in some of the arcs were bad, the student council president's was the worst offender by far, it had no interaction and the most shallow writing of all of them. Which is weird because with how it started it possibly had the most potential.

Go to a good arc now, Emi's arc was unpredictable in almost every turn there was no stereotyping and no perfection to this character. She was flawed inside and out, in other words she felt human. You feel the story is mundane, I feel some of the arcs wrenched my heart almost as bad as a real breakup I once had (notice I said almost) that is true art and bad character development couldn't do that, being able to play at emotions to make you feel something for a fictional character is what I call art. The story was written in a way that the good arcs had all the trappings of a great love story. The characters were deep and feeling and all a few plot points were predictable but far from all of them. I'm sorry you feel that the women's breast sizes somehow put you off but I'm sorry to let you know that the range of breast sizes showed were the same range you will see in real life; flat chested women do exist and so do women with larger breasts, none of them in the game were above or below realistic though.

I have no idea why you feel the characters weren't deep, I will use emi again she was a whirlwind of emotions and unpredictability, just like a real girl. Sorry to break it to you but sometimes girls can be like that. In other words the writing was well done for what it was trying to convey, a high school girl, the characters were believable (except maybe one) characters were developed startlingly well for such an amateur attempt and at the end of the day, after playing through this; I felt like I had grown as a person. I respected people with disabilities more because they used that as key plot point but didn't stereotype or fetishize it or let the characters get defined by it. In fact I feel like I wouldn't be able to "fap" to that because I would be disrespting the story and the characters. I'm rambling now so I'll just leave it at that.

Kahunaburger:
snip.

with Garrus I'm just going off what I remember of ME2..didnt godown that path in ME3..if they did handle it "awkwardly" intentionally or not, I dont think thats such a bad thing

Well, I am now interested in giving it a try. I'm not one normally for dating sims but...I'll try one now and then. This one at least seems different, based on what I've heard.

Ihniwid:

AC10:

Deskimus Prime:

Consider this: the main character is narrating the game from his perspective. He just finished a long stint in the hospital where he admits he did nothing but read a metric shitton of books. The writing seemed like a teenager who reads too many books using slightly inappropriately large words where he didn't have to.

But hey, you gave it a shot, and that's pretty cool of you.

I think this is something many people don't seem to grasp. The game is written using contemporary language from the perspective of a high school student.

I understand the concept. The literary term you are referring to is called the "narrative mode." You can write in the perspective of a high school student and still make it an enjoyable experience.

I think the prime example we all know is The Catcher in the Rye.

In my opinion, the game's poor writing makes it an unenjoyable experience. But this is only my opinion. What I want to make clear, however, is that the decision to deem bad writing as "okay" because it is written in the perspective of an individual who "writes poorly" is a foolish choice indeed.

Well, I'm not deeming the writing as "bad". I guess I'm not scholarly enough to find the writing bad. I actually liked it a lot.

AC10:

Ihniwid:

AC10:

I think this is something many people don't seem to grasp. The game is written using contemporary language from the perspective of a high school student.

I understand the concept. The literary term you are referring to is called the "narrative mode." You can write in the perspective of a high school student and still make it an enjoyable experience.

I think the prime example we all know is The Catcher in the Rye.

In my opinion, the game's poor writing makes it an unenjoyable experience. But this is only my opinion. What I want to make clear, however, is that the decision to deem bad writing as "okay" because it is written in the perspective of an individual who "writes poorly" is a foolish choice indeed.

Well, I'm not deeming the writing as "bad". I guess I'm not scholarly enough to find the writing bad. I actually liked it a lot.

Just different tastes amigo. :)

I remember when I heard of the game from Critical Miss I originally thought it was going to be, well, odd. Usually I can care less about dating type games, and Anime, so I thought it was really did not care for the idea of one that had you date handicaped girls.
It was only out of curiosity that I started playing - figuring it would not hurt to download a free to play game and then delete it soon after seeing it was bad. However, after playing it a bit, it did not seem bad. There was handicapped people and romance stuff, but it was not as off putting as I tought. I wound up playing more and more because I really liked the world I was into. Now, really I cannot say it was playing. My involvement was mostly small hints or pushes towards something, but it still ingaged me. I wound up exploring the story more and more just to see the story, and while there were moments that I thought ridiculous - considering I would not do that, which further emfasizes my lack of real control in the game - I still thought it facinating how they developed the characters. I personally liked the story they had with Hanako and how they explored her social problems.

I liked reading this article. It did do a game justice, without falling into the same thoughts I had before playing. It did have faults - it was really more of a novel - and the article addressed that. It was a good game, and I think this article really said what I felt.

Abedeus:

Loop Stricken:

Therumancer:
The point isn't so much that this product in paticular is especially obscene, but the trend it's trying to start. Nobody is saying it's out to mind control the mainstream into becoming interested in this kind of thing, so much as it is to establish a prescence for this kind of thing to be accepted so it can creep into the mainstream.

What, you mean... tolerance? That disabled people are just people?
God that's a terrifying thought.

Preposterous. Next you'll suggest we try to look past their disabilities and treat them like everyone else.

You're just a sick fetishist... with a fetish for being tolerant!!!

Hahaha~! I just have to say, the two of you are utterly hilarious~!

Now on topic: The article is witty and well written, enough so to convince me to try a genre I've never tried before for a theme that I haven't really engaged with. The ambition sounds good. Based off the comments I may get irked by the writing and the art style but, since I'm not paying anything for it, I'm willing to give it a shot. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised or maybe not.

In any case, the article worked.

The article was...good? I guess?

I don't know. I have played the game, and I loved it, but...maybe I just wasn't the target. I already play visual novels, lots of them. VNs are one of my favorite game genres, and romance VNs one of my favorite story types. I am the choir in that aphorism, I suppose, so the other parts were kind of an uncanny valley effect.

Besides, I found Shizune's sex scenes to be sexy, at least. Lily's were, as well, in a certain "turned on by sheer love" sense.

Halyah:

Any genre preferences? And are you averse to sex scenes? Those would be the two questions I'd ask first.

You have Dark Saber as an avatar, so I'd probably recommend Fate/Stay Night above all. If only because I have bad luck recommending Type-Moon's earlier work Tsukihime to people. Feels like every time I do, I have a 50/50 chance of hearing back "hey, they was pretty good!" or "Oh my god I'm drowning in words!" One guy even finished a single route and wrote a scathing review that mostly illuminated how he had no idea what he was getting into, and thought it was supposed to be a dating sim.

...sorry, just me venting. If you might be interested in either of those, I can help you find them. They're not officially released, but they have fan-made translation patches.

Cecilthedarkknight_234:

My brother!

...wait, they made a third Da Capo game? I actually just started the first one a few days ago, and I own the second as well, but I didn't know they made another after that.

Of those others, they're all on my list, at least, though I haven't played them. I actually got ten minutes into Higurashi before getting really depressed (unrelated reasons), but I'll get back to it. I just found myself wanting to play something that fit certain criteria (specifically, "belongs to a genre I like" and "something I know nothing about"; Da Capo fit the bill, and I'm loving it).

Oh, I have played Kanon, though. It's one of my three favorite games (alongside Tsukihime and Yume Miru Kusuri). Not just visual novels. Games.

While the game is both emotionally evocative and solidly put together, the writing isn't actually that amazing. It's pretty good and occasionally inspired, but that's about the most I'll give it. There were too many inconsistentcies, the character "twists" were obvious, the messages were heavy handed and occasionally the characters seem to bend over for the sake of the story. The actual syntax and diction were decent but fluctuated in quality and were occasionally redundant (among others, they unnecessarily reused the words anachronistic and dilettante in otherwise fairly mundane vocabulary).

In terms of interaction and choice, there's very little of it. It's more about generally steering the plot in a particular direction than actually playing a role. I can't really fault the game for that, given that they clearly wanted Hisao to have a strong presence and personality in the story; However, I felt that his strong presence ultimately hindered my enjoyment of the game, but it might have been the only practical option for them to go with.

Ultimately, the effort put in here is very apparent. I found the Rin arc to be easily the best written story (Rin herself being far and away the most interesting character). If all the arcs were of that quality then this game would be one of my all time favorites.

Cecilthedarkknight_234:

NeutralDrow:

My brother!

...wait, they made a third Da Capo game? I actually just started the first one a few days ago, and I own the second as well, but I didn't know they made another after that.

Of those others, they're all on my list, at least, though I haven't played them. I actually got ten minutes into Higurashi before getting really depressed (unrelated reasons), but I'll get back to it. I just found myself wanting to play something that fit certain criteria (specifically, "belongs to a genre I like" and "something I know nothing about"; Da Capo fit the bill, and I'm loving it).

Oh, I have played Kanon, though. It's one of my three favorite games (alongside Tsukihime and Yume Miru Kusuri). Not just visual novels. Games.

Yeah those are really great titles and it's nice to see some with a nice point of view willing to review these niche games or titles I have only done a few myself but yeah there is a Dacpo III being which is being talked about or worked over with manga-gamer right now. Actually I have a huge list of fan/official translation updates if any one here is interested.
http://cecilsanimevisualnovelreview.blogspot.com/2012/03/visual-novel-translation-status.html

Mr.Tea:
Why bother complaining about it?

Step 1: quote someone.

Step 2: complain about them complaining.

Step 3: tell them not to complain.

Step 4: ???

Step 5: Profit.

How did you not see the hypocrisy of that final paragraph?

Cecilthedarkknight_234:
Yeah those are really great titles and it's nice to see some with a nice point of view willing to review these niche games or titles

The "niche" part is what drives me, for the most part (Katawa Shoujo, when I finish my own review, will be the strange exception). Heh...funny thing is, I originally only planned to review Type-Moon games, since Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night (and Melty Blood and Fate/Unlimited Codes) blew me away. Then I played Xchange, absolutely hated it, decided to rant about it, and wound up doing all the other visual novels I've played, as well. ^_^

I have only done a few myself but yeah there is a Dacpo III being which is being talked about or worked over with manga-gamer right now. Actually I have a huge list of fan/official translation updates if any one here is interested.
http://cecilsanimevisualnovelreview.blogspot.com/2012/03/visual-novel-translation-status.html

Oh, sweet, I hadn't seen an updated list in a while! Nice to know Fate/Hollow Ataraxia is coming along, it was 54% last time I...looked...

O_O

Air - 13% translated and 10% edited

SOMEONE PICKED IT BACK UP?! Why wasn't I informed?! Why, wasn't...

*squeak*

Yoakemae Yori Ruriiro Na - 100% translated, 14% edited

Thank you for showing me this.

Bawled my eyes out during the Emi line because allmost the exact same thing happened to two of my friends. *not the conditions, mind you, but

Were all the same

I guess you could say I way Rin in that relationship...

*foreveralooonnee*

But yeah, just because the pornography includes the handicapped, does not make it a Handicap fetish, for all I could tell, besides the fact that the "protagonist" could die at any moment, he was pretty much normal *as in, a giant assclown* for a senior in high school.

Honestly this game sounds great I had some misgivings at first but after reading a few things about it I changed my mind. Literally the only reason I didn't downloaded this game a long while ago is that I share a computer with a number of female family members and I do NOT want to have the conversation that would result in them walking in at precisely the wrong moment.

Grey Day for Elcia:

Mr.Tea:
Why bother complaining about it?

Step 1: quote someone.

Step 2: complain about them complaining.

Step 3: tell them not to complain.

Step 4: ???

Step 5: Profit.

How did you not see the hypocrisy of that final paragraph?

...Wow.

Amazing.

Step 1: Make ignorant dickish post.

Step 2: Tell anyone who calls you out that they're being just as bad as you for "complaining" about your shit.

Step 3: ???

Step 4: Profit.

It's brilliant.

It's so genius, the incalculable mass of your hubris is collapsing reality around you sucking you out of realit- oh, I guess there's no point finishing th

Mr.Tea:
words

I like how you don't address the fact that your post was hugely hypocritical and instead resort to horrendously lame insults--denial is in this season.

"Why complain about something you don't like? *complaincomplaincomplaincomplaincomplaincomplaincomplain*"

Nice. Maybe take a page from your own book?

Punch You:
Very well-written. I couldn't agree more.

Though I think Hisao does sometimes mention or point out disability stereotypes, at least when he first meets all the girls. But then again, that's because he's a jerk.

Also, doesn't he not identify himself as having a handicap, since it had gone unnoticed for such a long time?

Loop Stricken:
No, not really - his parents decide to ship him off to a school for disabled kids. Never mind he could live perfectly fine without having teams of doctors five minutes away, but then you wouldn't have a game.

What is the point of stating obvious obviousness and using it as an argument ? I guess that 90% of all works of fiction wouldn't happen if not the Plot Wills It card.

I'd like to keep the "this whole article is biased and therefore bullshit" transparent in my hands while protesting, thank-you-very-much.

NeutralDrow:

Any genre preferences? And are you averse to sex scenes? Those would be the two questions I'd ask first.

You have Dark Saber as an avatar, so I'd probably recommend Fate/Stay Night above all. If only because I have bad luck recommending Type-Moon's earlier work Tsukihime to people. Feels like every time I do, I have a 50/50 chance of hearing back "hey, they was pretty good!" or "Oh my god I'm drowning in words!" One guy even finished a single route and wrote a scathing review that mostly illuminated how he had no idea what he was getting into, and thought it was supposed to be a dating sim.

...sorry, just me venting. If you might be interested in either of those, I can help you find them. They're not officially released, but they have fan-made translation patches.

Fantasy, horror and SciFi tends to be my favorite genres when it comes to fiction, but that doesn't mean I shy away from others(I played Katawa Shoujo and loved it after all). Nor am I averse to sex scenes in the slightest. I could probably go into a bit more detail, but I don't feel like doing so on an open forum.

Also I don't mind wordy things as long as I can easily save my progress incase RL demands my attention in some fashion.

Also no worries. Everyone needs to vent every now and then. I wouldn't turn down help either. :)

Also speaking of avatars, where is yours from? :)

kickyourass:
Honestly this game sounds great I had some misgivings at first but after reading a few things about it I changed my mind. Literally the only reason I didn't downloaded this game a long while ago is that I share a computer with a number of female family members and I do NOT want to have the conversation that would result in them walking in at precisely the wrong moment.

There is an option of turning the adult content off.

But frankly, there were maybe 2 or 3 scenes like that in Lilly's "route", don't know about others, I'm at act 2 (out of 4) of Rin.

And the game still surprises me with maturity. You'd think that an armless girl would make for some weird scenes, the main hero trying foolishly to feed her or something like that. But honestly? Disability doesn't define her as a character. Just like a hair color or skin doesn't make you special or worse.

Halyah:
you

Cecilthedarkknight_234:
and you

Alterego-X:
ET TU

Mathak:
and also you

Anyone else that I missed:
bring thyself hither

Why hello there, like-minded people! Ever had that feeling where you really want to talk to people about crazy shit no one in your immediate vicinity will ever consider? (I mean visual novels) Or just maybe hang out and once in a blue moon receive a PM about how that one visual novel you maybe heard of is getting released? Maybe? No? LOOK NO FURTHER

Long story short, we have a group. Here, on the escapist! And you can partake in the act of joining the group. You can so totally join the group. It's cool, we won't tell anyone. No one will ever have to know.

Alright, that's over with. Time for on-topic rambling.

@Therumancer: You know, you're actually wrong. The focus here isn't fetishistic porn. If it was, it'd get more than a few angry reviews and this article wouldn't exist. I find your comparing it to golden showers and scat porn laughable, at least.

I like to call fetishistic porn "opinion porn". Because if the majority of people would like it, it'd cease to be fetishistic porn, and then normal porn would be fetishistic porn. So by simply putting myself in someone else's shoes, just because most people don't like it doesn't mean it shouldn't exist. After all, what one or two people do consensually in the confines of their own room is none of anyone else's business.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.