Dark Souls 2 Preview: Dying Over and Over Never Looked So Good

Pages PREV 1 2

NeutralDrow:

Korten12:
If you know what your doing, you can beat Dark Souls in a few hours.

If you know what you're doing, you aren't playing Dark Souls. At least, according to all the fans I've spoken with.

Either that, or you know what you're doing because you're on New Game++.

What? No, even on your first run if you have played the game before you can easily go through the game. Hell on youtube you can watch a player beat Dark Souls in like an hour.

It's not so much that there is a lot of content, just that once you know what you're doing, getting to bosses is very easy.

Korten12:

NeutralDrow:

Korten12:
If you know what your doing, you can beat Dark Souls in a few hours.

If you know what you're doing, you aren't playing Dark Souls. At least, according to all the fans I've spoken with.

Either that, or you know what you're doing because you're on New Game++.

What? No, even on your first run if you have played the game before you can easily go through the game. Hell on youtube you can watch a player beat Dark Souls in like an hour.

That's pretty much what the joke was.

Of course, on second readthrough, I missed the part you were specifically responding to, so no wonder it fell flat, (for entirely my fault).

So;

Fast-travel
Regenerating health
More narrow classes
Shorter game overall

Wonderful news :)

When trailer music is the only thing you can complain about, it's a good thing, it just doesn't fit with the style and tone of the game, even if the lyrics did fit

Again and again I've come back...

Know that feeling, and looking forward to it :)

Praise the Sun!

Although the persistent bonfire warping irks me no end. Obtaining the Lordvessel and that ability in the first game felt like a glorious achievement, and now it's just going to be default? I don't want them to give me anything on a plate, I want them to be nasty and treat me wrong.

llagrok:
So;

Fast-travel
Regenerating health
More narrow classes
Shorter game overall

Wonderful news :)

Honestly, this would all seem like terrible news to me if you put it like that. I also don't understand where you're getting most of that. Narrower classes? Regenerating health? I guess that's supposed to be the healing crystals you're referring to? Also, they said that the world in the second game would be twice as large as Lordran, so I doubt it'll be shorter. And Dark Souls already had bonfire warping, it was just restricted to being able to go to certain bonfires, which it won't be this time around.

MasterOfHisOwnDomain:
Obtaining the Lordvessel and that ability in the first game felt like a glorious achievement, and now it's just going to be default?

He didn't say that, just that you'd be able to warp between all bonfires instead of a few key ones.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.