XCOM: Enemy Within Preview - The Human Threat of EXALT

Pages PREV 1 2

So along with the MELD, MEC Troopers, Genetic modification, Mectoid and Stalkers.
We now have a new faction with even more units and new game modes?

My money will not be able to leave my wallet fast enough come November

Is it me or do those three guys look like Ghostbusters?

canadamus_prime:

Clearly just you as they don't wear a jumpsuit or anything even remotely resembling a proton pack.

Bindal:

canadamus_prime:

Clearly just you as they don't wear a jumpsuit or anything even remotely resembling a proton pack.

Oh come on, you have to admit that one guy's backpack thing kinda looks like one.

Meh, all depends on how it works in the game. The story for XCOM's pretty bog standard, it's the gameplay that matters to me.

immortalfrieza:

What I'd love to see eventually is an "Alien Mode" for the game. I could get into a long rambling explanation as to how I'd make this work, but in short basically it would reverse the concept of the game and have the player play as the aliens trying to take over Earth.

Well get to modding it, because I'd totally play this.

Omnicrom:

immortalfrieza:

What I'd love to see eventually is an "Alien Mode" for the game. I could get into a long rambling explanation as to how I'd make this work, but in short basically it would reverse the concept of the game and have the player play as the aliens trying to take over Earth.

Well get to modding it, because I'd totally play this.

Unfortunately, I couldn't mod to save my life (my eyes glaze over when I try to understand code and I have the drawing ability of a 5 year old). Besides, I actually went to both the 2k and Nexus forums and asked for exactly this and they said that due to the poor modding support that the game has it probably can't be done.

canadamus_prime:

Bindal:

canadamus_prime:

Oh come on, you have to admit that one guy's backpack thing kinda looks like one.

No, not even close considering that the "backpack" is a ROCKETLAUNCHER.

Bindal:

canadamus_prime:

Bindal:

That doesn't look like any Rocket Launcher I've ever seen.

EDIT: Also killjoy.

canadamus_prime:

Bindal:

canadamus_prime:

Then you've never paid any attention to the Rocket Launcher in XCOM - that's same one you can use, just painted black.

Yes finally, a full fledged EXPANSION pack, not just some ten dollar oh you get 2 hours and a couple weapons like most other game dlc

Bindal:

canadamus_prime:

Bindal:

Then you've never paid any attention to the Rocket Launcher in XCOM - that's same one you can use, just painted black.

I haven't played it. So yeah I didn't even know that was a rocket launcher.

I've watched some videos of this game. I think I'll try it.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here