Unskippable: Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories - Gardening In Hell is Hard

Pages PREV 1 2

Pescetarian:
Why is the music for these JRPG cutscenes always so over-the-top and intrusive?

Ditto the acting.

Actually the Disgaea series is known for being over the top, it's what it does, and it doesn't take itself seriously.

OT: I was confused as to why the subtitle said anything about gardening as there isn't any in Disgaea 2. This is Disgaea Dimension 2, or DD2 for short.

Who keeps hiring these horrible voice actors? It's so bad they'd be better off just with text.

If flowers don't grow in the Netherworld, where are all the flowers and grass from ?? Lost minecraft blocks ?

Y'know, there's lots of anime and manga where the dialogue is kind of stilted or stylized, and I can roll with it.

This is more like four-year-olds imagining how big people talk. I don't want to spend another twenty hours listening to these characters; I want to hand them a coloring book and hope they stop interrupting.

I'm glad the comments are (so far) classy enough to ignore that whole "nourish the plants with my overflowing love" line she says... while holding her skirt in her hands and little love hearts over her head... yeah.

Thankfully, I'm not. The dumb joke shall not go unmade.

Oh, Japan...

It's Disgaea D2, not Disgaea 2. (Already been said but I had to say it to.)

Anyways, Disgaea is not supposed to be a serious game at all. I dunno why so many people think it's supposed to be serious with its dialogue.

A lot of jRPGs sure love to start with EXPOSITION STILL SHOTS!

....I didn't say they were good. Fallout 3 proves you can actually be immersed without having a novel jammed down your throat in the first 10 mins.

Seriously, Japanese people can't tell stories for crap.

Shalok:
God, I almost couldn't finish watching that, the in game voices were so grating

Weaver:
Wow the English VA's for Disgaea aren't very good. I've only ever used the Japanese ones.

Flunk:
Who keeps hiring these horrible voice actors? It's so bad they'd be better off just with text.

Well, I'd figure it would help to be a decent enough Disgaea fan to be used to those voices.
See, Barbara Goodson has voiced Laharl since '03, Sandy Fox has voiced Flonne since '03, and Michelle Ruff has voiced Etna since '06.

Flunk:

iirc, the VA for laharl is the actress for rita repulsa from power rangers

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.