Ridiculous Bible Quiz

Ridiculous Bible Quiz

And God spake, "Let this be totally redonks, yo."

Take the quiz!

Tenouttaten. Interesting stuff.

This was too easy. The only one that gave me pause was the number of people killed with the donkey's jawbone, and that's because I mixed him up with Shamgar, who killed 600 men with a piece of farm equipment.

It depresses me that I got 70%.

It depresses me more that I am annoyed that I am that ignorant.

8 out of 10. Not bad for a heathen infidel who doesn't believe a word of it

4 out of 10. I only knew about the pillar if salt, the rest were complete guesses.

Now I can only hope that this thread won't dissolve into a flame war. I always get worried when a thread about religion or politics isn't in the R&P sections.

Six out of ten... My grandma would be disappointed but not surprised.

Its amazing how people pick the bits that fit their own agenda but strangely forget all of the batshit crazy in the bible.

7/10 wasnt too bad. Cant wait to see how the Noah film explains the feeding animals that eat other animals.

bjj hero:
Its amazing how people pick the bits that fit their own agenda but strangely forget all of the batshit crazy in the bible.

7/10 wasnt too bad. Cant wait to see how the Noah film explains the feeding animals that eat other animals.

Hint: Winter. They take a very sane approach to it.

60% i am obviously a filthy casul when it comes to the bible.

Ha, I used a method called "choose the most ridiculous answer" and I got 70%. I should read that book one day, looks like a good fantasy.

Hey ten outta ten on my first try. Apparently more of that stuff stuck in the back of my mind than I realized from when it was all read to me as a kid. I had to guess at how many Samson killed, but the rest I either knew absolutely or the correct answer was at least familiar when I saw it.

I surprised myself though, because I am not a Christian, and I haven't managed to read past the start of Exodus on my own.

Don't call it a ridiculous bible quiz if the average person can get over 50% without the use of google... I got 100%.

Seven of a possible ten. Passable for someone who read the Bible to see what the fuss was all about.

Although I have to admit, the idea of the angel guarding the Garden having flaming fists is one that would probably raise the badassery level of the old book.

9/10. It must have been the question about Elisha being bald I got wrong as it seems it was 1000 people Samson killed with a donkeys jawbone. Funny, in a version I heard, it was described as an ass's jawbone. One of the first things I thought was with a little bit of meddling, and some imagination, it could have just as easily have been a Jawa's assbone. Just saying.

8 out of ten? Not bad for someone whose never been to church.

Wow, 90%! I suppose all those years spent in Sunday School was good for something...

lacktheknack:
This was too easy. The only one that gave me pause was the number of people killed with the donkey's jawbone, and that's because I mixed him up with Shamgar, who killed 600 men with a piece of farm equipment.

Yeah, that nearly got me too. I couldn't remember if it was 1000 or 5000. I tried 1000 and apparently guessed right. Also second-guessed the flaming sword one. Honestly, people just mess up these little facts so much that I couldn't help but question whether or not it was actually a spear.

Anyways, this seems more like "The Crazy Torah Quiz", or at least "The Crazy Old Testament Quiz". I don't recall any questions from The New Testament, and you can't do a proper "Crazy Bible Quiz" without referencing Revelations, or at least the fact that Acts has a mention of some guy teleporting.

10 of 10, and in 10th place. Not bad for an atheist, yeah? ^_^

I had to look up a few of these, but most I knew. Not too hard. :-)

lacktheknack:

bjj hero:

Well there's the turkeys making a 1 way boat trip...

I grew up in a religious school, heard all of this stuff in my 6 bad years there. While god thought the isrealites being enslaved was serious enough to kill every first born from pharoh to the lowly basket weaver, he and moses apparently lacked the concept of irony because they both approved of taking slaves themselves from the many kingdoms they wiped out since the "Promised land" had a lot of people living on it already. (Check Numbers 31)

bjj hero:

lacktheknack:

bjj hero:

Well there's the turkeys making a 1 way boat trip...

What about all those parasites that use human hosts? Which lucky family member got the pubic lice or the tapeworms? XD

Got 10/10; might have beaten the record, but my connection died halfway through and I had to click back through the first 5 questions again...

Anyways, "Old Testament Quiz" would have been more accurate.

7/10, not even religious. the one i had absolutely never heard of was the jawbone question. what a weird book...

10/10, when I took it I was in first place. All that piety apparently comes in handy sometimes ;)

There's actually much weirder stuff if you dig deeper; this quiz was pretty easy, although they pull in the classic Elisha-and-the-bears story. (Remember, even Jesus curses a fig tree.)

70%

This quiz made me glad I'd seen this before

Make it happen Aronofsky!

4/10 I'm sure I probably knew a few somewhere inside my head, just forgot.

I'm kinda embarassed that I did so well... But still, my favourite crazy ass shit from the bible is that part from Leviticus where it is written that when two dudes fight and the wife of one comes to her husband's aid and grabs the junk of his opponent... There's nothing you can do, you gotta chop her hands off.

Captcha: quality time... >_>

Nurb:
I grew up in a religious school, heard all of this stuff in my 6 bad years there. While god thought the isrealites being enslaved was serious enough to kill every first born from pharoh to the lowly basket weaver, he and moses apparently lacked the concept of irony because they both approved of taking slaves themselves from the many kingdoms they wiped out since the "Promised land" had a lot of people living on it already. (Check Numbers 31)

Yeah, but God's chosen people are just better than everybody else... Especially better than people living on their precious crude oil.

First try 9/10.
Second try 10/10.

To be honest I did this to get the badges.
They really suit me. XD

Eh, I just remembered stuff from when I went to Church and when I read the Bible.
Although I am a Christian, I have different views to the "norm". Like science can be (mostly) true. (Mostly because my journalist instincts tell me otherwise)

Bow before my almighty large Angel Complex ... if such a thing exists.
If it doesn't, I'll send some apology cookies over later.

I got 40%. Damn, this quiz does feature some strange trivia. I knew that Moses was spoken to by a burning bush of what I can only assume to be weed, I knew the question about the baldness leading to bears stuff and I'm going to assume the Egyptian water turned to ash. Why not, right? Has fuck-all to do with water, you can't consume it and it'd be a pretty metal way to show the Egyptians who's boss. Blood makes sense too, but it makes too much sense for the Bible.

It's stuff like this that reinforces my non-belief. Also, about Lot's wife, what the absolute- all of those answers are ridiculous, I can't choose which is the dumbest!

For a site that's so liberal, it seems sort of hypocritical to just call the most important text for two of the largest religions in the world as "ridiculous"... Way to be accepting of all races and creeds, Escapist. I'd like to see them try something like this with the Qur'an.

4/10. Never read the bible and only am familiar on passages that have to do with Jesus's execution and resurrection (half of one of my philosophy of religion classes was spent entirely on this). I'll be content with a 4/10 for something I've never read, considering the ones I did get right I was actually familiar with the story of.

I got 6/10. I feel like I should have gotten a better score. But then again I never paid attention in church. I was just sitting there waiting for the pastor to shut up so I could go downstairs and get free doughnuts.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here