The Dumbest Dungeons & Dragons Monsters Ever (And How To Use Them)

Pages PREV 1 2

Skeleon:
I could never take beholders seriously. I know they're supposed to be powerful magical creatures, but they just look so stupid.

D'oih, I'm a silly ball and have so many eyes that I don't know where to put them.

you did pick the derpiest possible beholder picture. pretty much every other picture in the google image search makes them look more fearsome

Dirty Apple:
I'm gonna add something a touch unorthodox and say that the Tarrasque in all its monumental and catastrophic splendor is irredeemable. I mean has anyone ever successfully ran a campaign where this monstrosity appears and is actually killed? And if so did it take the intervention of a god or multiple gods? It just seems too unwieldy and unbalanced to be employed in a serious game.

Mmmm, its more about the way folk use the Tarrasque than actually fighting it. I've used it to drive plots (e.g. complete x-quest to get y-macguffin so the Tarrasque will not awaken and destroy the world).

@Rblade

you did pick the derpiest possible beholder picture. pretty much every other picture in the google image search makes them look more fearsome

It's the picture from Wikipedia.
I googled, too, but I could take none of them seriously. You can add more teeth or spikes or something, but the things still look dumb as hell.

A stench kow. Excuse me, I think I feel a stench fart coming on.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here