The Atomic-Powered Godzilla Quiz

The Atomic-Powered Godzilla Quiz

Do you have what it takes to understand the Godzilla threat? Take our quiz and find out!

Take the quiz!

As of Right now I'm apparently second place, so go me! Probably won't last but hey, you should take your victories when you can.

I did find most of the questions very easy though I don't know if that's because I've been a fan Godzilla for decades or if it really was as simple. I only missed one question the first time due to me not understanding what poly-whachamacallit is. Anyway, it was a fun quiz and I hope the new movie is at least decent.

Heh, I liked the explaination on why the answer you picked were correct.

I think I'd like to dispute the canonical powers of Godzilla question. The correct answer is "all of the above." I answered "electric bite" because it was the only one that I couldn't recall a specific instance of, but I'm sure it happened.

He has an atomic pulse in basically every movie.
In Godzilla vs. Gigan there is a scene where he is able to speak English. Polyglotism.
In Godzilla vs. Hedorah (Godzilla vs. the smog monster) Godzilla demonstrates the power of flight. VIDEO PROOF!

http://youtu.be/UU_HFDOnn-4?t=2m

Silk_Sk:

In Godzilla vs. Hedorah (Godzilla vs. the smog monster) Godzilla demonstrates the power of flight. VIDEO PROOF!

I... What?

I think part of my brain just fell out: The bit that understands gravity and aerodynamics...

Anyway, I apparently got 50% by guessing most my answers. Which is... amusing.

"You you"?
"HASMAT"?

Methinks these are errors.

Silk_Sk:
I think I'd like to dispute the canonical powers of Godzilla question. The correct answer is "all of the above." I answered "electric bite" because it was the only one that I couldn't recall a specific instance of, but I'm sure it happened.

In Godzilla vs. Gigan there is a scene where he is able to speak English. Polyglotism.

See, I wasn't an idiot for getting that question wrong! Also I can't think of any instances of an electric bite, merely a time when he bit something and ambiguous electric special effects happened. Even then it seemed to be more an effect of the thing he was biting or an energy absorption occurring. Then again it has been a while since I've seen the series, plus I'm uncertain as to whether or not I watched all of them. I do think I skipped a lot of the millennium series and some of the Showa series. Then again you can't make me watch Godzilla's Revenge!

Wait, what? It didn't tell me anything about the questions after I answered them. It didn't even tell me my score. Glitch?

I guessed on most of these anyway, but I'm just not sure if this is working right.

Wow... This quiz made me realize that I know more about Godzilla than I thought I did...

I feel like I should thank James Rolfe for some reason...

I keep getting where Godzilla lives at wrong.. i know he loved on Monster Island.. they count that as a wrong answer

Silk_Sk:

I gave up the quiz on this answer because you are most certainly correct. I hate having to pedantically out geek a geek quiz.

I'm really not a fan of the "how many canonical Godzilla movies" question. As a lifetime Godzilla fan, I've never seen different versions of the same film count towards the official rundown of the big guy's appearances. If we do want to adopt this kind of logic, then why weren't "Godzilla 1985" and "The Return of Godzilla" counted as two entries? They expressly brought back Raymond Burr for extra scenes in the American edit, thereby bringing the count to at least 32...

username sucks:
Wait, what? It didn't tell me anything about the questions after I answered them. It didn't even tell me my score. Glitch?

Same for me. Not the first time, either. :/

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here