Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Review - An Optimus Crime

Pages PREV 1 2

From the moment I heard a new Transformers game was in the works I got really excited. Once I learned this game was going to merge the Cybertron and Bayformers together I knew it was going to be horrible. Moreso once I heard High Moon wasn't making it. Glad to see my instincts were correct. I'm just going to let this one go and replay Fall of Cybertron I think.

I feel like a lot of parallels could be drawn between this and Batman: Arkham Origins. Though, for my money, I find another stealth-brawling game to be worth more than another third-person shooter.

My thoughts were basically echoing this review when I watched Jim playing it on his Youtube channel, and I even concluded to another person that I felt a profound sense of "Why should I play this when I still have the older games?" upon finishing said video. I was skeptical right from the beginning when I first saw an advertising poster, because of the Bayformers Optimus design being displayed, and then when I found out they were trying to combine the two continuities together into a single story... ugh, I just felt that there was no way it would work well. High Moon not being the studio working on the game was pretty much the final nail in the coffin for me; I still held a small amount of hope because Edge of Reality were the guys behind Loadout, but apparently Activision couldn't let them make something actually good or interesting, eh?

Such a shame that the Cybertron franchise is going to go out like this--with a pitiful whimper--rather than continue on with the conclusion it deserved.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here