Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Loading Screens - The Best Ways to Hurry Up and Wait

Pages PREV 1 2

tangoprime:

scw55:

tangoprime:
I really liked Skyrim's interactive loading screens. Especially if you did things properly and got it on PC and then downloaded the "Uncle Sheogorath's Really Helpful Hints and Tips" mod :)

I had no idea that they were interactive. In what way are they interactive?
I've always just sat there waiting for a horrifically long loading screen to end. I went so far as to disable auto save because of how long.

Ed130 The Vanguard:

tangoprime:
I really liked Skyrim's interactive loading screens. Especially if you did things properly and got it on PC and then downloaded the "Uncle Sheogorath's Really Helpful Hints and Tips" mod :)

Excellent mod, though not exactly interactive as such.

Also: Namco, F*ck you.

Not as interactive as examples mentioned, but you're able to use the thumbsticks to zoom and rotate on the object being displayed on the screen, so it's technically "interactive" I guess. I just remember it standing out, since most games don't even do that.

It was only after about 100 hours of gameplay that I figured out you could do that (on PC). I was very surpressed (a portmanteau I just made up to mean surprised and impressed).

Onechanbara buggy?

Not ashamed to say I've put plenty of hours into that game- haven't encountered any bugs. The combat system is actually really complicated, challenging, engaging, solid, and well, awesome. I think it might not be explicitly explained that you need to wait a certain amount of seconds in between each press of the attack buttons, but the training mode has a visual indicator that spells it out, and there are visual indicators in game that appear when you're doing it right. It's really hard to fully complete combos because waiting to press that button goes against every button mashing instinct I have, but I appreciate when a game forces me to actually exercise grace and control over *everything*, as opposed to just lazily tapping out sequences.

And I thought the sword cleaning (effectively analogous to reloading a gun) mechanic was really clever.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here